ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

NewChief 11-03-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefFripp (Post 8076117)
The whole Zombie thing is going to run its course before World War Z even comes out.

Jumped the ship a long time ago in literature. Once you've read a "zombie romance" written for Young Adults... well... y'know.

Twilight:Vampires:Zomance:Zombies

TheSourceX1 11-03-2011 05:34 PM

I remember watching each episode in season 1 on the edge of my seat ... it was great ... now I cringe when it comes on because it like watching a slow death. This show should be on during the mid-day hours when the other soap operas are on.

Deberg_1990 11-03-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSourceX1 (Post 8076874)
I remember watching each episode in season 1 on the edge of my seat ... it was great ... now I cringe when it comes on because it like watching a slow death. This show should be on during the mid-day hours when the other soap operas are on.

heh, its not quite that bad....but im gonna go with season 1> season 2 as of 3 episodes in.

Huffmeister 11-03-2011 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8062802)
As close as you could be. The comic delves into the is it Rick's or Shane's baby too. However there was no CDC. Also there is one major thing that is different from the show.

So the guy at the CDC told Rick that Lori is pregnant?

Buck 11-03-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8077076)
So the guy at the CDC told Rick that Lori is pregnant?

That's the assumption, but there is no proof that that is what's going on.

NewChief 11-03-2011 08:54 PM

Just watched Episode 3 of this season. First of all: much better than the last one. That being said, the critics are right! Too much unnecessary, obvious dialogue that becomes simultaneously didactic and ridiculous. I really felt it when Hugh Hefner tried to return the gun to the middle-aged emo chick.

Huffmeister 11-03-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8077077)
That's the assumption, but there is no proof that that is what's going on.

Except that you've read the comic book, so it's not an assumption. Not that I care, you could see it coming a mile away.

Buck 11-03-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8077106)
Except that you've read the comic book, so it's not an assumption. Not that I care, you could see it coming a mile away.

No, the comic and the show have taken a totally separate path.

If you want I could give you some real comic spoilers.

Huffmeister 11-03-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8077109)
No, the comic and the show have taken a totally separate path.

If you want I could give you some real comic spoilers.

No thanks, I'm hoping to get the collection for Christmas. I really enjoyed The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks, and am hoping The Walking Dead is similar. And I love the show, so it'll be interesting to see what the differences are.

NewChief 11-03-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8077119)
No thanks, I'm hoping to get the collection for Christmas. I really enjoyed The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks, and am hoping The Walking Dead is similar. And I love the show, so it'll be interesting to see what the differences are.

I'm assuming you've read World War Z?

Huffmeister 11-03-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8077122)

Oh yeah, I LOVED World War Z. In fact, I read WWZ first, then went back and read The Zombie Survival Guide. I'm hoping that the movie will do the book justice. The audiobook version was fantastic, with a lot of different big name actors playing various parts: Alan Alda, John Turturro, Carl Reiner, Mark Hammil, Henry Rollins, and more. If you enjoyed the book, the audiobook is definitely worth checking out.

NJChiefsFan 11-04-2011 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8077184)
Oh yeah, I LOVED World War Z. In fact, I read WWZ first, then went back and read The Zombie Survival Guide. I'm hoping that the movie will do the book justice. The audiobook version was fantastic, with a lot of different big name actors playing various parts: Alan Alda, John Turturro, Carl Reiner, Mark Hammil, Henry Rollins, and more. If you enjoyed the book, the audiobook is definitely worth checking out.

I have only heard one audio book on a trip and it drove me up the wall. The reader was horrible. On top of that I would drift out for a second and have to go back and find my spot. I don't even like the EBooks. Prefer reading it. I understand the value of both though, and certainly understand plenty of audio books have quality readers. The book was Deep Storm or something about a strange signal under the earths crust.

bevischief 11-04-2011 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8077122)

Yes it was different and interesting take on zombies.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-04-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 8060025)
This is AMC we're talking about, no titties. Showtime would have shown some titties.

HBO would have had Shane blowing Rick with slurping noises thrown in for good measure.

Brock 11-05-2011 10:55 PM

Well, that guy is turning out to be a real asshole.