ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ***Official 2012-13 Mizzou football repository thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256647)

duncan_idaho 03-01-2012 09:08 AM

***Official 2012-13 Mizzou football repository thread***

I figured it was time to start the new version of this...

2012 Schedule
April 14: Spring Game
Sept. 1: SE Louisiana
Sept. 8: Georgia
Sept. 15: Arizona State
Sept. 22: at South Carolina
Sept. 29: at Central Florida
Oct. 6: Vanderbilt
Oct. 13: Alabama
Oct. 20: OPEN
Oct. 27: Kentucky*101st HOMECOMING*
Nov. 3: at Florida
Nov. 10: at Tennessee
Nov. 17: Syracuse
Nov. 24: at Texas A&M

Still three games to be released here. I'd expect a mid-major in the Sept. 1 game, a FCS team on Sept. 29, and another mid-major on Nov. 17 (to get a November home game on the schedule).

Committed Recruits:
A list of all players committed to Missouri for the 2013 recruiting class.

*** LB Joe Burkett, Jefferson City
*** ATH Aarion Penton, Christian Brothers (St. Louis)
*** ATH Anthony Sherrils, Hogan Prep (Kansas City)
*** OC Alec Abein SLUH (St. Louis)
**** ATH Chase Abbington, Fort Zumwalt South (St. Louis)
*** OL Harneet Gill, Francis Howell (St. Louis)
*** QB Trent Hosick, Staley (Kansas City)
*** WR J'Mon Moore, Elkins (Missouri City, Tx) Soft verbal - still looking around
*** OT Clay Rhodes, Stillwell (Kansas City)
*** DT Antar Thompson, Richmond Heights (St. Louis)
*** LB Eric Beisel, Rockwood Summit (Fenton, MO).
*** DT A.J. Logan, Rock Bridge (Columbia, MO)
*** QB Eddie Printz, Lassiter (Marietta, GA)
*** DE Nate Crawford, West Florida Tech (Pensacola, FL)
*** DE Marcus Loud, Wheatley (Houston, TX)
*** DT Josh Augusta, Peoria (Peoria, IL)
*** TE Jason Reese, Trinity (Euless, Tx)
*** S SHaun Rupert, Carver (Montgomery, AL)
*** S Duron Singleton, Fresno CC (Fresno, California)
NR DE Charles Harris, Liberty Prep (Kansas City, MO)

Season Notes:
New uniforms to be unveiled at the Spring Game on April 14.

I'll try to be good about maintaining this, though I've set a ridiculous standard for myself.

Reerun_KC 03-01-2012 09:16 AM

I will go on record and say 10-1, SEC Champs and BCS Champ game..

That is a cream puff schedule... Should be a great year for MU football...

Losing at FL...

Bambi 03-01-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8409630)

Losing at FL...

Kinda difficult when you only have 9 games scheduled.

kepp 03-01-2012 09:30 AM

We'll lose to Alabama, split the Georgia & South Carolina games, and win the rest. 6-2 in the SEC East.

Saul Good 03-01-2012 09:40 AM

Nice that the Kansas fans who have assuerd us. That they don't care about us are the first 2 posts in the thread. Good to see you.

Bearcat 03-01-2012 09:47 AM

How can we make this about KU?

Saul Good 03-01-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8409701)

By shifting the conversation to a discussion of teams with the longest losing streaks in BCS conference history. Then KU would be the topic.

Frazod 03-01-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8409701)

Have chicken for lunch?

Bambi 03-01-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8409690)
Nice that the Kansas fans who have assuerd us. That they don't care about us are the first 2 posts in the thread. Good to see you.

You've got about 1,800 posts to catch our thread. Thought we'd help you about a bit.

Then again, you don't here much about Nebraska on this board nowadays.

**edit**

+1,000 (2,800 posts to go)

patteeu 03-01-2012 10:16 AM

In (like a KU fan)

duncan_idaho 03-01-2012 10:17 AM

I feel really confident about landing Hosick, which I think will end up being a pretty big recruiting win.

The kid is just an athletic monster (he recently beat Evan Boehm in a wrestling matchup despite giving up 50 pounds) and huge winner, and he throws better than he has been allowed to show for Staley (which runs 85-90 percent of the time). I've heard some reports he's actually more advanced throwing the ball than Franklin was entering his senior year of HS.

Reerun_KC 03-01-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8409660)
Kinda difficult when you only have 9 games scheduled.

With 2 TBA's...

settle down sparky...

Reerun_KC 03-01-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8409690)

Every since the lose to KSU, Saul has been MIA in the KU threads. He once was a fixture now a memory...

BourbonMan 03-01-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8409630)

Losing at FL...

Yep, easy schedule..backdoor to BCS game.

Just like KU did in 2008!!!!!

mnchiefsguy 03-01-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs1968 (Post 8410406)
Yep, easy schedule..backdoor to BCS game.

Just like KU did in 2008!!!!!

Yeah, the defending national champ and Florida and South Carolina on the road.

Real set of cupcakes scheduled there.

Still, I think the schedule sets up nicely for a very respectable showing in our first SEC season.

|Zach| 03-02-2012 06:21 AM

In an interesting development it looks as though the Nov 17th game is going to not be against some cupcake but against Syracuse.

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2012/3/...rence-schedule

|Zach| 03-02-2012 06:39 AM

It appears the home schedule is as follows: SE Louisiana (Sept. 1), Georgia (Sept. 8), Arizona State (Sept. 15), Vanderbilt (Oct. 6), Alabama (Oct. 13), Kentucky (Oct. 27), Syracuse (Nov. 17).

duncan_idaho 03-02-2012 09:08 AM

Bumped with updated schedule and commitment list.

Frazod 03-02-2012 09:31 AM

My FIL is a Syracuse alum. I'll have to see if he's interested in a roadtrip to Columbia.

DJ's left nut 03-02-2012 01:33 PM

This doesn't seem relevant and ultimately may not be, but Columbia Regional Airport just announced a flight into Georgia.

Previously the only real commercial flights in and out of there were from Memphis. This may help with a recruit here and there.

tredadda 03-02-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8411745)
In an interesting development it looks as though the Nov 17th game is going to not be against some cupcake but against Syracuse.

Syracuse consistently has a losing record in the Big East. If this were a basketball game it would say it is huge, but to think Syracuse is anything tough is a stretch. They were good about 50 years ago, but they were not accepted to the ACC because of their football prowess. They are better than a Division 1 AA school though.

patteeu 03-02-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8411745)

Syracuse is our KU for next year. It's about as cupcake as a major college football program can be at this point. Their fans will be ready for basketball season by the time this game comes around.

duncan_idaho 03-03-2012 03:52 PM

The Twitter is reporting that Chase Abbington verbally committed to Missouri today.

HUGE pickup. 6-4 stud athlete who projects wherever you want him on the field.

Mizzou_8541 03-03-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 8414985)
The Twitter is reporting that Chase Abbington verbally committed to Missouri today.

4.4 40. Supposedly #2 recruit in MO. Yes please!

Pitt Gorilla 03-03-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

That would be off-the-charts awesome.

Edit: It has been confirmed. Outstanding pickup. In related news, there is a significant amount of smoke that Ramirez may be close to pulling the trigger as well.

|Zach| 03-03-2012 05:11 PM

Dude is ginormous.

duncan_idaho 03-03-2012 05:15 PM

Ramirez is at junior day in Arkansas today, but I've seen some of the "smoke" reports, too. MU Bobby over at TigerBoard is usually pretty reliable when it comes to recruiting stuff, and he seems to think Nick Ramirez is close to pulling the trigger to Mizzou.

I know he told Pete Scantlebury a few weeks ago that an Arkansas offer wouldn't change the fact Missouri was his top school.

Captain Obvious 03-05-2012 09:15 PM

Another in-state recruit landed.

Pete Scantlebury ‏ @PeteScantlebury

2013 St. Charles (Mo) Francis Howell OT Harneet Gill texted me to say he committed to #Mizzou.

duncan_idaho 03-06-2012 08:27 AM

Early in-state commitment No. 6 is on board. Who will be next?

Some rumblings that it might be Nick Ramirez (from mubobby on TigerBoard, who generally is pretty reliable with recruiting info), which would be a huge statement and add some even more momentum to this class.

The staff appears to be taking a much more aggressive stance with in-state kids. Many more early offers out. Could end up with over 10 kids from MO in this class, compared to the usual 6-8.

Saul Good 03-06-2012 08:37 AM

The in-state talent has turned out to be a lot deeper than it initially appeared, and we are locking them down early. That's going to be extremely important going forward.

We're also getting some kids out of St. Louis. That's going to be huge in both sports.

I've also heard a rumor that we've shown a lot of interest in some Kansas kid. No offer yet, but it may be coming soon. It would be pretty funny if we ripped the only decent player in the state while Weis has (IIRC) only one commitment total so far.

DaKCMan AP 03-06-2012 08:40 AM

Georgia-Florida-Bama-S.Carolina-A&M = easy schedule? :huh:

duncan_idaho 03-06-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8421328)

One of these things is not like the other... one of these things just doesn't belong...

kchero 03-06-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 8421379)
One of these things is not like the other... one of these things just doesn't belong...

ROFL

Saul Good 03-06-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8421328)

Who is calling that easy? That's brutal, but I think we can survive it. Bama and Georgia are the two toughest teams, but we get them both at home.

The other three are all tough, but all of those teams have their own issues. We've beat aTm in their own barn 2 years in a row, SC is tough, but they're losing a lot of talent and tend to be up and down.

I think we win 2 or 3 of those 5. If we do, it can still be a great season.

DaKCMan AP 03-06-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 8421379)

Took Mizzou OT to win last season.

Frazod 03-06-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8421389)

Big ****ing deal. We pisspounded them the year before. That's two years in a row we've played them on the road and won. Don't see any reason why we can't make it three for three.

duncan_idaho 03-06-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8421389)

Yeah, it did.

Then aTm lost Tannehill, Gray, Fuller and Michael (though I guess Michael will likely be back for next season, but it seems like his knee injury was around the same time as Josey's), and its defense saw considerable losses, too (3/4 of the secondary, 2/3 of the DL).

Throw in a new coach and a new QB, a completely different offense, a new defensive scheme (for a school that had been recruiting 3-4 personnel), and I think aTm is in for a long season.

Pinkel has had tremendous success against Texas A&M and has had no problem in College Station, either. He's 5-1 against the Aggies as coach at Mizzou, and 2-1 at College Station.

The only game Pinkel has lost to A&M included a fumble through the end zone on what should should have been a breakaway score by Will Franklin on the game's second or third play. Changed the game considerably (and Missouri still only lost by 6).

Missouri has been a far superior program to Texas A&M for the past decade. Everyone but the incoming freshman have experienced the environment and experienced winning there.

There are games on the schedule that make me nervous. Texas A&M isn't one of them. It's going to require a miraculous coaching job from Sumlin and co. to make the Aggies dangerous this year.

DaKCMan AP 03-06-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8421418)
Big ****ing deal. We pisspounded them the year before. That's two years in a row we've played them on the road and won. Don't see any reason why we can't make it three for three.

I don't disagree, especially with them having a new coach, a new QB, and a ridiculous schedule. Doesn't mean it's an easy game.

DJ's left nut 03-06-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Brotha, if you haven't learned anything over the last 3 months about 'verbal commitments' then there's nothing I have to teach ya...

I'll care about these kids when they sign the LOI at this point. I know circumstances were a little strange last season, but we lost a goddamn St. Louis kid to a rival SEC school on national signing day, I decided I was done caring about the verbal assurances of 18 year old kids.

(Holy hell, though; kid's an incredible specimen. C'mon Gary! Make him a CB!)

duncan_idaho 03-06-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8421434)
Brotha, if you haven't learned anything over the last 3 months about 'verbal commitments' then there's nothing I have to teach ya...

I'll care about these kids when they sign the LOI at this point. I know circumstances were a little strange last season, but we lost a goddamn St. Louis kid to a rival SEC school on national signing day, I decided I was done caring about the verbal assurances of 18 year old kids.

No doubt you can't pencil in them in right away. Still, Spring Football has yet to start, so recruiting is about the only news that's popping up for football right now.

Still a huge pickup in terms of momentum for this class. And a big signal to Arkansas, which thought it had him locked up (But then, they tend to think that about everyone).

beer bacon 03-06-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8421430)
I don't disagree, especially with them having a new coach, a new QB, and a ridiculous schedule. Doesn't mean it's an easy game.

It still isn't anything close to playing Bama or @Florida. A&M doesn't scare Mizzou at all.

beer bacon 03-06-2012 09:38 AM

We also picked up a commitment from Harneet Gill yesterday. He is a 6'7 260 pound OL out of St. Louis. That puts us at six commits for the class, all from Missouri. We had five total Missouri commits last class. There is a very good chance we end up with 10-15 commits from the home state this year.

DJ's left nut 03-06-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 8421444)
No doubt you can't pencil in them in right away. Still, Spring Football has yet to start, so recruiting is about the only news that's popping up for football right now.

Still a huge pickup in terms of momentum for this class. And a big signal to Arkansas, which thought it had him locked up (But then, they tend to think that about everyone).

True...there isn't much else to talk about, is there?

Let's try to generate a quarterback controversy.

Maty Mauk should be the starter! 3 years w/ DGB!

Saul Good 03-06-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8421434)

It beats not getting them. Besides, last year was a different animal. We recruited kids who wanted to be in the Big XII and play in Texas. Its only natural that we lost a bunch of them with the move.

Now, kids are signing on knowing we're in the SEC. There will be defections, but I don't think there will be nearly as many as last year.

duncan_idaho 03-06-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8421457)
True...there isn't much else to talk about, is there?

Let's try to generate a quarterback controversy.

Maty Mauk should be the starter! 3 years w/ DGB!

We could generate a post-Franklin QB controversy.

Maty Mauk (whom I love as a player, which I'm sure is not a surprise to anyone here) vs. Trent Hosick: Who fits better.

With Hosick, you could plug him into the exact offense Missouri runs with Franklin (and I've heard some say Hosick is more advanced as a passer now than Franklin was at the same stage). With Mauk, you have a perfect spread QB who can run and scramble a little, too (Like a taller hybrid of Chase Daniel and Todd Reesing).

Which fits Missouri's offense better for the SEC?

Also, some predictions from me (just my opinion) on some of the other big in-state names. Here's a five-pack:

Nick Ramirez - Mizzou (He's a LSW West kid, very close with Evan Boehm, has stated Mizzou is on top even if Arkansas offers)

Trent Hosick - Mizzou (Was dying for an offer as QB. Got it. WIll take some time, but I think the Tigers land him)

Eric Beisel - Alabama (If they offer officially, I think he's going down south)

Zach Hannon - Mizzou (From a Mizzou family)

Ezequiel Elliott - Too soon to call (EE has offers from: Ohio State, Georgia, Arkansas, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, among others. He's probably going to get bumped to five stars. But both his parents were Mizzou athletes, and family atmosphere is the most important thing to him. Hopefully, those factors help Mizzou win out).

DJ's left nut 03-06-2012 09:57 AM

The DGB signing may pay its first dividends with Elliott.

With that signing, the cap really did come off for 'quality' Missouri recruits. There's no longer any reason that a premier Missouri recruit shouldn't strongly consider the hometown squad - we can run with these guys.

Elliott will be an extremely intriguing trail to follow.

duncan_idaho 03-06-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8421509)
The DGB signing may pay its first dividends with Elliott.

With that signing, the cap really did come off for 'quality' Missouri recruits. There's no longer any reason that a premier Missouri recruit shouldn't strongly consider the hometown squad - we can run with these guys.

Elliott will be an extremely intriguing trail to follow.

I've heard from a buddy in Ohio that Meyer is recruiting him as "the next Percy Harvin." Which seems like a perfect usage of Elliott's skill set.

Kid is a monster in the classroom, too - John Burroughs HS is one of the top schools in the Midwest. He'll be able to go wherever he wants.

DJ's left nut 03-06-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 8421523)
I've heard from a buddy in Ohio that Meyer is recruiting him as "the next Percy Harvin." Which seems like a perfect usage of Elliott's skill set.

Kid is a monster in the classroom, too - John Burroughs HS is one of the top schools in the Midwest. He'll be able to go wherever he wants.

Not the worst sales pitch, that's for sure.

Though I wonder if "the next Henry Josey" has a similar ring.

DaKCMan AP 03-06-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 8421523)

Tell him to give Andre "the next Percy Harvin" Debose a call.

Frazod 03-06-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8421529)
Not the worst sales pitch, that's for sure.

Though I wonder if "the next Henry Josey" has a similar ring.

BTW, have you heard anything new about Josey? Does it look like he'll be able to play next year?

kepp 03-06-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8421569)
BTW, have you heard anything new about Josey? Does it look like he'll be able to play next year?

I read a transcript from a Pinkel interview (don't have the link) where he basically said, "He's doing great, but don't count on having him this year."

DJ's left nut 03-06-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8421569)

Talk to Idaho about that one.

I'm still of the mind that they'll redshirt him in 2012 and have him ready for 2013. Idaho seems to have closer sources than I do; I mostly just listen to rumblings and have a few alumni co-workers that are pretty significant donors (tens of thousands, but not hundreds...)

Frazod 03-06-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 8421574)
I read a transcript from a Pinkel interview (don't have the link) where he basically said, "He's doing great, but don't count on having him this year."

I was afraid of that. Bummer.

duncan_idaho 03-06-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8421586)
I was afraid of that. Bummer.

He just had his second knee surgery in the past two weeks or so. So he's a long way away. Note: This was the first ACL replacement. The first surgery to repair the patella.

Smart move is to let him take the whole year off and see where he's at afterwards (and avoid the Danario Alexander/2008 thing, where the guy is gimping around).

Pat Smith has done some amazing things with knees/ACL replacements, though. It would really require a miracle reaction to the ACL graft for Josey to be ready this fall.

Frazod 03-06-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 8421658)
He just had his second knee surgery in the past two weeks or so. So he's a long way away. Note: This was the first ACL replacement. The first surgery to repair the patella.

Smart move is to let him take the whole year off and see where he's at afterwards (and avoid the Danario Alexander/2008 thing, where the guy is gimping around).

Pat Smith has done some amazing things with knees/ACL replacements, though. It would really require a miracle reaction to the ACL graft for Josey to be ready this fall.

Thanks for the update. :thumb:

duncan_idaho 03-06-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8421576)
Idaho seems to have closer sources than I do; I mostly just listen to rumblings and have a few alumni co-workers that are pretty significant donors (tens of thousands, but not hundreds...)

My sources aren't what they were when I was at Sporting News, but my Mizzou group is still pretty good. I occasionally get some stuff from friends in the media who can't go "on record" with it (and my sources include a former BoC member). I'm trying to work on a new one... my neighbor's best friend is married to one of the football GAs. If I could get that one open...

PowerMizzou helps a ton with keeping track of the recruiting stuff (not so much the info, but keeping a finger on who's on the offer list/who the big targets are. Much easier to find folks in the free database if you've seen an article about them).

NewChief 03-07-2012 05:59 AM

Can no longer find the SEC move thread, so I'll post in here. I really hope this is the case.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colle...80dd8ee9b.html
Quote:

Mizzou and Arkansas appear to be on a collision course as future permanent cross-divisional rivals in the Southeastern Conference, a topic believed to have been in discussion at last week's SEC meetings and probably at another one today in New Orleans.

On Tuesday, Texas A&M president R. Bowen Loftin confirmed by Twitter what South Carolina president Harris Pastides had strongly hinted several days ago: that A&M of the SEC West, initially set as MU's cross-division rival for annual football games, will instead be paired with South Carolina of the SEC East.

"Just had a great conversation with the South Carolina president about our permanent SEC rivalry," Loftin tweeted. "We will make this very special!"

Arkansas and South Carolina had a history as cross-divisional rivals.

With MU assigned to the East and Arkansas in the West, a series between them has seemed appealing and logical all along. The schools are about 300 miles apart.

"Arkansas and Missouri have kind of buddied up because they are neighboring states and wanted to play each other," South Carolina president Harris Pastides told a Columbia, S.C., television station.

However, at Mizzou, officials either didn't know or couldn't confirm the impending pairing.

"I have no idea," football coach Gary Pinkel said. "I talked to Mike (Alden), and every meeting he's ever been in, it's never even been discussed. That's what he said to me. And at the head coaches meeting, that wasn't even discussed. So I don't know anything about it."

Pinkel had been interested in keeping A&M as Mizzou's cross-division rival so that Missouri could keep a closer tie with the state of Texas for football recruiting.

"I don't want to comment," Pinkel said. "Since I don't have any control over it, it doesn't really matter."

By text message, Mizzou spokesman Chad Moller said he'd heard nothing official; MU associate athletics director Mark Alnutt, who works with football scheduling, did not immediately respond to a message seeking comment.

Arkansas spokesman Kevin Trainor, calling on behalf of Arkansas athletics director Jeff Long, also said the school had no official information.

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colle...#ixzz1oQoidOFj

eazyb81 03-07-2012 07:50 AM

Based on comments from LSU's AD, it sounds like LSU will replace their annual Thanksgiving week game against Arky with A&M, which should create an opportunity for an annual Mizzou-Arky game that week. I'm not certain the SEC will do that though, because usually your last regular season game is against a division team.

It will be interesting to see Mizzou's recruiting shift over the next year or two. We will still get a handful from Texas every year even without an annual game against A&M, but I expect we will start digging into Georgia and Florida heavily, with some poaching from Big Ten states.

I think we are also seeing the early signs of the SEC move with in-state kids. It is a pretty compelling pitch to tell a kid and his parents that he can play in the best conference in the nation and also stay home so his family and friends can watch him play. We may lock down the state starting this season.

duncan_idaho 03-07-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8424108)
Can no longer find the SEC move thread, so I'll post in here. I really hope this is the case.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colle...80dd8ee9b.html

I'm "meh" about that. Honestly, I'd rather play aTm every year.

I'm sure Mike Anderson also loves this news.

NewChief 03-07-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 8424184)

I like the proximity in that it will be the closest opponent for both teams. Right now, traveling to away games in the SEC is a bitch if you live in Northwest Arkansas.

NewChief 03-07-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 8424184)

I don't think it applies the same in basketball as in football.

eazyb81 03-07-2012 10:53 AM

Pinkel owns Fesclown on 610 this morning. Great listen if you haven't heard it yet.

http://www.610sports.com/topic/play_...udioId=5724572

DJ's left nut 03-07-2012 11:10 AM

Pinkel said that Josey hasn't had his ACL surgery?

Yeah, no Josey next year.

EDIT: Eh, no ownership in that interview, just some ribbing. And ultimately Pinkel brought up the SEC transition thing, then starts talking about how we all need to let it go and move on. Really, he came off a little petty there.

Whatever, don't care. Ts are crossed, I's are dotted, check's in the mail and we gone.

Bambi 03-07-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8424677)
Pinkel owns Fesclown on 610 this morning. Great listen if you haven't heard it yet.

http://www.610sports.com/topic/play_...udioId=5724572

Just listened. When did he own Fescoe?

I did chuckle though when Fescoe said "I think you can have success in the SEC...as much as you did in the Big 12."

now that's ownage, ROFL

Pitt Gorilla 03-07-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8424928)

I did chuckle though when Fescoe said "I think you can have success in the SEC...as much as you did in the Big 12."

now that's ownage, ROFL

You seem to spend a lot of time in Mizzou threads. What is that all about?

Bambi 03-07-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8424957)
You seem to spend a lot of time in Mizzou threads. What is that all about?

Nah, interview involved Kansas and poster claiming the Kansas guy got "owned".

Simply wasn't true. Needed to be called out.

Frazod 03-07-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8424797)
Whatever, don't care. Ts are crossed, I's are dotted, check's in the mail and we gone.

Yep. **** Big Texas and all their little dingleberries.

mnchiefsguy 03-07-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8424979)

Nice to know KU fans own up and admit Fescoe is one of their own.

Pitt Gorilla 03-07-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8424979)

It involves Kansas? Granted, I'm only 9 minutes or so into the interview and haven't heard ANYTHING regarding Kansas.

eazyb81 03-07-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8424928)

now that's ownage, ROFL

So winning 8+ games a year in the SEC is a big burn? Yeah that would really suck....

God you ****ing suck at trolling and life.

Pinkel was interviewed right after this one on 590 in St. Louis.

The radio announcers gave Pinkel some trouble for coming on their show later than scheduled. They asked coach "if he realized that Fescoe was a Jayhawk."

Great Pinkel response: "Oh, yeah, I know. He even looks like one."

mnchiefsguy 03-07-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8424993)
So winning 8+ games a year in the SEC is a big burn? Yeah that would really suck....

The radio announcers gave Pinkel some trouble for coming on their show later than scheduled. They asked coach "if he realized that Fescoe was a Jayhawk."

Now that is ownage.

Titty Meat 03-07-2012 11:58 AM

Duncan where are you getting this info about Rameriz at?

eazyb81 03-07-2012 11:58 AM

Is Bob Fesclown made of plastic? What a freak show.

http://imgsrv.610sports.com/image/Db...06/1835400.jpg

DJ's left nut 03-07-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Anti-semite...

Bambi 03-07-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Success to me is winning championships. Mediocrity is something you are happy with, I can't help you there.

Bambi 03-07-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

I'm still waiting on you to point out the ownage in the interview. If anything Pinkel came off like an asshole. He sure seems to think not so highly of the talent of Big 12 Football. Funny being that he never won the league, lol

eazyb81 03-07-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8425027)
Success to me is winning championships. Mediocrity is something you are happy with, I can't help you there.

Funny how you think winning 8 games in the SEC is mediocre when your shit team can't even win 1 game in the Big Leftover.

Ignorance is bliss.

Bambi 03-07-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8425063)
Funny how you think winning 8 games in the SEC is mediocre when your shit team can't even win 1 game in the Big Leftover.

Ignorance is bliss.

No radio host clowned on my coach to his face. If they did I wouldn't like him either.

Of course Kansas hasn't had success in the Big 12. They've never won it.

kcchiefsus 03-07-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8425039)
I'm still waiting on you to point out the ownage in the interview. If anything Pinkel came off like an asshole. He sure seems to think not so highly of the talent of Big 12 Football. Funny being that he never won the league, lol

Yet we still finished higher than Kansas every single year, so **** off. Your football program is the worst in the country.

mnchiefsguy 03-07-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8425027)

How many Big XII championships does KU have in football again?