ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ***Official 2012-13 Mizzou football repository thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256647)

Saul Good 04-14-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8540400)
To go along with the running back from Staley (totally blanking on his name). Nice.

Is this the same QB that got the coach scrutinized for the possible tranfer rules violation?

I don't know anything about the transfer thing.

DeezNutz 04-14-2012 11:31 AM

Need more pictures (and higher quality ones at that), but my initial reaction is that the uniforms are bad ass.

Saul Good 04-14-2012 11:32 AM

Nick Ramirez and Trent Hosick have committed.

KCrockaholic 04-14-2012 11:32 AM

Just want to say coach Fred Bouchard from Staley is who deserves a ton of credit for the development of the great talent at that school. He is a phenomenal coach.

Bowser 04-14-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8540408)
Need more pictures (and higher quality ones at that), but my initial reaction is that the uniforms are bad ass.

Yeah, even with my nitpicking, they are nice. Mizzou really needed to mix their looks up. They've grown a bit stale over the years.

Saul Good 04-14-2012 11:35 AM

The borders are on lockdown. These are huge gets both for the talent that it brings to the team and the message that it sends to the rest of the state. If you are a top talent in the state of Missouri, you go to Mizzou.

Jerm 04-14-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8540418)
The borders are on lockdown. These are huge gets both for the talent that it brings to the team and the message that it sends to the rest of the state. If you are a top talent in the state of Missouri, you go to Mizzou.

But but but the SEC move is going to KILL recruiting...you hadn't heard? LOL.

Great pickups and yes we have the borders on lock...

DJ's left nut 04-14-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8540418)

Ramirez the Lee's Summit product....

It's a Kansas City!

kcchiefsus 04-14-2012 11:41 AM

Both kids have Kansas offers, by the way. I thought Grunny said Kansas was going to lockdown Kansas City? GFY Grunhard.

Saul Good 04-14-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 8540422)
But but but the SEC move is going to KILL recruiting...you hadn't heard? LOL.

Great pickups and yes we have the borders on lock...

I'm sure our recruiters are trying not to bring that up. I mean, why would players not want to play in the Big XII where our homecoming game against KSU 2 years ago wasn't even televised? Kids today don't like high profile games against Bama and Georgia. They want Iowa State and Kansas if front of a smattering of fans.

DJ's left nut 04-14-2012 11:47 AM

Ramirez has some pretty impressive figures for what is ultimately only a good list of offers.

Nebraska is a pretty heavy offer, but otherwise the Oklahomas, Alabamas and Texas offers don't appear to be there. I wonder if he may not get a few more 'big' offers over the next several months if he has a good fall.

I wouldn't consider him locked in just yet; not with an interest list that long, 4-stars and some impressive size/speed numbers. I expect he'll get some big offers and he'll listen long and hard.

DJ's left nut 04-14-2012 11:49 AM

I hope this is our 'standard' uni:

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_as...O3I_medium.jpg

Those are freakin' badass.

Saul Good 04-14-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 8540426)
Both kids have Kansas offers, by the way. I thought Grunny said Kansas was going to lockdown Kansas City? GFY Grunhard.

Kansas slit their own throats by hiring Grunhard. Coaches around the metro area hate him because they felt that he was recruiting players away from public schools to come play for his team. Grabbing a recruiter who has burned as many bridges as Grunny supposedly has just poisons the well.

Oh well. That's their problem. We're not really competing for players, anyway. Unless/until their program gets to a point where we have to worry about recruiting against them, I really don't care what they do.

Saul Good 04-14-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8540433)
Ramirez has some pretty impressive figures for what is ultimately only a good list of offers.

Nebraska is a pretty heavy offer, but otherwise the Oklahomas, Alabamas and Texas offers don't appear to be there. I wonder if he may not get a few more 'big' offers over the next several months if he has a good fall.

I wouldn't consider him locked in just yet; not with an interest list that long, 4-stars and some impressive size/speed numbers. I expect he'll get some big offers and he'll listen long and hard.

I don't think so. I think he's here to stay. Let's get Zach Hannon, now.

I think he'll wind up at Mizzou as well, but we haven't done too well with Rockhurst players lately. I actually know Zach a little. I know some of his close friends well. I think he would really consider Oklahoma if he gets an offer, as they really crank out NFL O-Linemen, but I think he winds up at Mizzou.

Titty Meat 04-14-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8540433)

He's def. Mizzou's to lose it sounds like decided to go to the Mizzou Spring game over Nebraska's. I don't know what USC LB situation is like but don't be surprised if they offer him.