ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Todd Haley is the "Mystery of Pittsburgh" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261647)

mcaj22 07-22-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 8759590)
Players make coaches look a lot better than they are. If we had a franchise QB who knows what would've happened. All I know is he'd still be the head coach. Game managers are coach killers.

that's how all these shit coaches and execs from the Patriots can keep circling the NFL wagons and getting jobs thanks to their ties to Tom Brady. I.e. the Chiefs current coaching and FO situation, amongst many other teams that painfully had to go through it (Donks, Browns, Jets, etc)

BigMeatballDave 07-22-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8759585)
Haley started Palko at QB. Think about that for a second.

**** that guy.

I wish he had went with Stanzi, but he did what any HC would do after their starter goes down.

The mistake was starting Palko in Chicago.

Titty Meat 07-22-2012 02:23 PM

Todd Haley was a dumbass who didn't look prepared half the time. His teams challenged Herms teams for the biggest blowouts. Think about that for a second.

BigMeatballDave 07-22-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8759616)
Todd Haley was a dumbass who didn't look prepared half the time. His teams challenged Herms teams for the biggest blowouts. Think about that for a second.

Matt Cassel

Ace Gunner 07-22-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8759592)
“The quarterback (Matt Cassel) was real average. … It didn’t surprise me what happened in Kansas City. I didn’t have any real confidence in the whole thing,” Dick Haley said.

this confirms it, Haley is a Dick.

a 6'3" Dick:D

Titty Meat 07-22-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8759626)
Matt Cassel

No.

BigMeatballDave 07-22-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8759636)
No.

So Cassel had nothing to do with the failures of this team the past 3 seasons?

Titty Meat 07-22-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8759640)
So Cassel had nothing to do with the failures of this team the past 3 seasons?

Matt Cassel is part of the problem but he wasn't the whole problem. Todd Haley was a shitty coach.

It wasn't Matt Cassel who went for it on 4th down on his own 28 in a close game vs Denver.

It wasn't just Matt Cassel who look unprepared all of the 2011 pre-season and the first 2 regular season games.

BTW Herm had some really shitty QB's and not nearly as much talent as Haley and I don't recall his teams getting blown out as frequently as Haley's teams.

Chiefs Pantalones 07-22-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8759602)
that's how all these shit coaches and execs from the Patriots can keep circling the NFL wagons and getting jobs thanks to their ties to Tom Brady. I.e. the Chiefs current coaching and FO situation, amongst many other teams that painfully had to go through it (Donks, Browns, Jets, etc)

I think there's such thing as good coaches. What's more important is talent evaluators like GMs, scouts and even coaches if they can have a hand in picking players. But that's the extent of it, IMO. Everyone knows football at that level. As Parcells said, football is not rocket science. The likes of Parcells and Belichick are good coaches because they were smart and got lucky in their selecting of players. I'm not saying a good coach can't make a player better, he can. By motivation and obvious teaching tactics, yes. But the player already has the abilities (while some being higher or lower than others, obviously), the coaches are just trying to develop, motivate and coordinate the talent which DOES play a part in the success of a team. Gotta get the most out of your investment. But in the end it's up to the player how far they go in their development, not the coach. Everyone has a choice in everything they do. I don't have to watch that film if I don't want. I don't have to spend extra time in the weight room if I don't want. If I want to keep my job yes, that should be enough motivation, but not everyone is motivated by the same thing. Freaking Brodie Croyle, according to reports, spent more time duck hunting than getting ready for the NFL season. Just an example but yeah. Playing professional sports is not a right.

JMO :)

Pasta Little Brioni 07-22-2012 02:39 PM

Yep, the blowouts at Arrowhead and the preperation for last season were just ridiculous. Face it, the guy was in over his head as an NFL Head Coach.

mcaj22 07-22-2012 02:39 PM

Haley had such crap talent the last 3 years. Come on.

this is the first year in the Chiefs in a long time to be excited about talent.

What talent was there the last three years? Mark Bradley? Sabby Piscitelli? Leonard Pope? Thomas Jones? Mike Brown? Chris Chambers? Jackie Battle? Jon McGraw? Mike Vrabel? Andy Studebaker? Demorrio Williams? Zach Thomas? Amani Toomer? The list goes on and on and on and on. Talent was AWFUL.

The broke dick Zach Thomas thing was a joke.

BigMeatballDave 07-22-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8759649)
Matt Cassel is part of the problem but he wasn't the whole problem. Todd Haley was a shitty coach.

It wasn't Matt Cassel who went for it on 4th down on his own 28 in a close game vs Denver.

It wasn't just Matt Cassel who look unprepared all of the 2011 pre-season and the first 2 regular season games.

BTW Herm had some really shitty QB's and not nearly as much talent as Haley and I don't recall his teams getting blown out as frequently as Haley's teams.

I don't give a shit about Todd anymore, but without the injuries, they win 9 or 10 and the division. Haley would still be HC.

Teams with Elite QBs can overcome deficiencies in coaching.

See Indy.

Titty Meat 07-22-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8759661)
Haley had such crap talent the last 3 years. Come on.

this is the first year in the Chiefs in a long time to be excited about talent.

What talent was there the last three years? Mark Bradley? Sabby Piscitelli? Leonard Pope? Thomas Jones? Mike Brown? Chris Chambers? Jackie Battle? Jon McGraw? Mike Vrabel? Andy Studebaker? Demorrio Williams? Zach Thomas? Amani Toomer? The list goes on and on and on and on. Talent was AWFUL.

The broke dick Zach Thomas thing was a joke.

Crap talent lol

BigMeatballDave 07-22-2012 02:44 PM

And why are the blow outs a big deal?

A lose is a loss.

DeezNutz 07-22-2012 02:44 PM

More love for a shit HC than I've ever seen before.

Haley was ****ing terrible, and we obviously all know what we have in our QB; the two were a perfect storm of suck.