ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Walt Disney World (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=133525)

Silock 06-16-2017 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 12919805)
Before there were always the old reliable rides with short lines. Now nothing has a short line.

The new fastpass system sucks ass plain and simiple

The first part is false. There are still short lines, you just have to plan more. Now, you HAVE to be there at rope drop if you don't want to wait in lines. You can do basically whatever you want without a wait for the first hour, then have your first FP+ selections starting at 10 am. As soon as you scan your band in for the ride, start trying to move your other FP+ reservations up. You should be able to do that, and then you can start booking the single FP+ before noon.

There are still rides with short lines. You can find them during times when other things are going on, like parades and fireworks. And if you keep an eye on the wait times, you can watch for when they drop and head over. Anything listed at 15 min and under is basically a walk-on.

But I agree that the old system was superior.

Silock 06-16-2017 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 12919810)
Don't know if this has changed, but the dumbest thing was only allowing you to get your day of faspass reservations at park kiosks instead of the mobile app. Sure lets just create another ****ing line so you can get in line to get in line. LMAO

This is now changed.

Silock 06-16-2017 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12919821)
Yes, the kiosks still exist but as of a few weeks ago, there was no line when we got our Fast Passes.

I don't get reception at Disneyland through Sprint and it's pretty rare if my iPhone doesn't die after 6 or 7 hours while there.

We didn't, either, but luckily, Disney upgraded their Wifi due to the reliance on the MDE app on the phones. You can get free, fast wifi anywhere on property now. It's MUCH better than it used to be.

Silock 06-16-2017 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12919842)
There's an app (maybe it's the same one) that showed the wait times all over the park. The problem was that while it might be only 15 minutes for a ride, it would take 15 minutes to walk there and the wait time changed.

We went from the Rocket Ships in Tomorrowland all the way over to Small World because SW was only a 15 minute wait. By the time we got to Small World, we waited for 40 minutes.

You should come with us. You won't wait in lines for more than 10 minutes. Ever. :)

DaneMcCloud 06-16-2017 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 12920013)
You should come with us. You won't wait in lines for more than 10 minutes. Ever. :)

I can't go to Orlando because it's too much of a hike for the kiddies.

Plus, Disneyland is literally 30 minutes away on most days. California Adventure is pretty awesome. I can't wait until the new Star Wars Land opens in 2019!

PS: Thanks for the invite!

Silock 06-16-2017 08:50 PM

Bummer. Let me know if you change your mind!

007 06-16-2017 10:04 PM

Quote:

I was pretty damn good at WDW touring myself but never THAT good. LMAO

I may have to visit with you sometime.

threebag 06-16-2017 10:05 PM

Anyone have the story on Brianfo?

Silock 06-16-2017 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 12920153)
I was pretty damn good at WDW touring myself but never THAT good. LMAO

I may have to visit with you sometime.

It's all about planning and time of year.

DaneMcCloud 06-16-2017 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 12920156)
Anyone have the story on Brianfo?

He was actually kind of a douche nozzle

007 06-16-2017 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 12920160)
It's all about planning and time of year.

We always go the first week of June before the locals school year is over. Its also usually during Gay Days as well which has a tendency to keep crowds down. The first four times we went it worked great under the old fastpass system. It was still decent under the new system for our last trip but I experienced a lot of flaws I didn't like.

The old system was about as perfect as you could get and it was fair to everyone.

EDIT

The first hour of the day is absolutely critical. You can get a ton done if you hit everything in the right order.

Great Expectations 06-16-2017 10:19 PM

Quote:

We had an experience fairly close to this. We had some help and my wife did a lot of research.

007 06-16-2017 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 12920182)
We had an experience fairly close to this. We had some help and my wife did a lot of research.

disboards.com and wdwinfo.com are priceless

Great Expectations 06-16-2017 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 12920186)
disboards.com and wdwinfo.com are priceless

Going on rides away from the gates early, knowing which ones to use your fast pass on and switching if you choose the wrong one are the main strategies. Our average wait time was around 10 minutes.

ThaVirus 06-17-2017 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 12919710)
We are going again for the 2nd straight year in October. I honestly had an incredible time and so did my son and wife even thought it was a humidity of 115 every day we were there last September. I never sweat that much in my life and I hate the heat and I still loved it.

This year, got a local travel agency deal where it's $6k for 6 nights at Beach Club, the deluxe meal plan, direct flight airfare and park tickets. It's a crazy ****ing world where I think 6k is a bargain, but compared to pricing it out myself, it was a good deal for the 3 of us.

In Orlando? Stop lying..