ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 2013 Free Agent Cornerbacks (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268518)

royr17 01-05-2013 02:12 AM

2013 Free Agent Cornerbacks

These guys are who are schedule to be unrestricted free agents and we need a good corner opposite of Brandon Flowers. Who would you guys like to see and who do you think we'd have a realistic shot at picking up.

CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
CB Mike Jenkins
CB Brent Grimes
CB Marcus Trufant
CB Terrence Newman
CB Quentin Jammer
CB Antoine Cason
CB Aqib Talib
CB Sean Smith
CB Rashean Mathis
CB Chris Houston
CB Drayton Florence
CB Nate Clements

AussieChiefsFan 01-05-2013 02:14 AM

:hmmm:

royr17 01-05-2013 02:16 AM

there's some pretty good canidates on there that would be perfect for the # 2 cornerback role

Sorter 01-05-2013 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17 (Post 9284211)
These guys are who are schedule to be unrestricted free agents and we need a good corner opposite of Brandon Flowers. Who would you guys like to see and who do you think we'd have a realistic shot at picking up.

CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie-possible
CB Mike Jenkins-possible
CB Brent Grimes-doubtful
CB Marcus Trufant-nope
CB Terrence Newman-nope
CB Quentin Jammer-nope
CB Antoine Cason-possible
CB Aqib Talib-nope, Pats resign
CB Sean Smith-nope Dolphins resign
CB Rashean Mathis-nope
CB Chris Houston-nope
CB Drayton Florence-nope
CB Nate Clements-nope

JMO.

royr17 01-05-2013 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9284216)
JMO.

In all honesty I just dont see the eagles letting go of DRC.

Sorter 01-05-2013 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17 (Post 9284218)
In all honesty I just dont see the eagles letting go of DRC.

I think they;d have to tag him. Not unlikely but depending on who they bring in it could happen. Very weak against the run and didn't perform well this year. Granted I haven't broken down any of their film.

Joe Seahawk 01-05-2013 02:41 AM

Trufant has had a good career, but a mediocre nickelback at best these days.

RealSNR 01-05-2013 02:46 AM

I remember the days of Chiefs Planet where Terrance Newman was the ****ing shit.

That was the Ryan Sims draft if I remember correctly.

Sorter 01-05-2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9284241)
I remember the days of Chiefs Planet where Terrance Newman was the ****ing shit.

That was the Ryan Sims draft if I remember correctly.

He was the shit for a while. He's old and slow now.

BigChiefFan 01-05-2013 03:23 AM

Love you, Roy. You've taken alot of shit and gone through alot. I'm glad you keep on truckin'. God bless you, bro.

spanky 52 01-05-2013 03:41 AM

I'd just as soon draft a CB in the 2nd or 3rd rounds rather than any of these FA's.

NJChiefsFan 01-05-2013 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spanky 52 (Post 9284270)
I'd just as soon draft a CB in the 2nd or 3rd rounds rather than any of these FA's.

I think a lot of people want to get a speed WR in the 2nd, whether it be Austin or what-have-you. I think I would lean toward your line of thinking. Really it depends on what is sitting there in FA. All things the same I think I would prefer a CB in the second, maybe somebody like Rhodes as mentioned yesterday, then WR in the third followed by maybe another QB with the comp pick or 4th pick. I guess in this scenario we would have had to find a LB in FA.

Who is actually there during all those spots could change that obviously. I am just more worried about the CB spot than WR right now. I do agree though that we should make sure we protect our new QB, so if the staff doesn't think Breaston or Baldwin/McNut/Wylie can help him in any real way, then WR has to go up higher on the importance scale.

I've skimmed the safeties out there but haven't gone into any detail yet. I think in a perfect world I would want a vet safety so Berry can move around and not have to worry about a rookie mistake giving up a TD. Not to mention that if we draft a CB I would feel better with a vet playing behind him.

Sassy Squatch 01-05-2013 04:02 AM

Want Byrd from Buffalo badly.

Chiefs=Champions 01-05-2013 05:01 AM

smith would be iiiiight

crazycoffey 01-05-2013 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17 (Post 9284214)
there's some pretty good canidates on there that would be perfect for the # 2 cornerback role

only if they are willing to take 2nd CB money