ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****OFFICIAL 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271360)

tk13 03-30-2013 11:44 AM

Now Alford will be hated in Iowa and New Mexico. Hard to turn down UCLA though.

Brock 03-30-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9540666)
Conferences left in Elite Eight:
Big East
Big 10
SEC
MVC
ACC

Must really suck to have to cling to "conference pride'.

Titty Meat 03-30-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9541237)
College coaches exist somewhere between used car salesmen and human traffickers on the scale of integrity.

Frank Haith is a little different I'd compare him to an abortion doctor.

Nzoner 03-30-2013 01:09 PM

Cuse -5 Ohio State -4

Will the dogs continue to hunt

Pitt Gorilla 03-30-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9540903)
Of course he is. Vicariously living his basketball/football dreams through Alabama/Florida.

He does it constantly.

Good Lord, you guys are clowns. This has nothing to do with Alabama/Florida and everything to do with Wichita State. I am actively supporting the MVC (however sad you think that is) because it's always a good thing when teams in our league do well; we don't ever want to become a one-bid league, which could happen if our teams were persistently one and done. Fortunately, that hasn't been the case.

That being said, F Creighton and lil mac.

Spott 03-30-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9541437)
Good Lord, you guys are clowns. This has nothing to do with Alabama/Florida and everything to do with Wichita State. I am actively supporting the MVC (however sad you think that is) because it's always a good thing when teams in our league do well; we don't ever want to become a one-bid league, which could happen if our teams were persistently one and done. Fortunately, that hasn't been the case.

All you did was post a stat with absolutely no commentary about it. People just choose to take it a certain way because they are still pissed about the whole switching conferences thing.

WilliamTheIrish 03-30-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9541437)

Just own it you bonehead. You've done this since the move to the SEC. Northern Iowa isn't in this hunt and you're sole purpose was to glom onto the only SEC team left.

History is my guide here, and it isn't being kind to you.

WilliamTheIrish 03-30-2013 02:39 PM

Syracuse/Marquette off to a scintillating start.

LiveSteam 03-30-2013 02:42 PM

Air ball

Pitt Gorilla 03-30-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9541481)
Just own it you bonehead. You've done this since the move to the SEC. Northern Iowa isn't in this hunt and you're sole purpose was to glom onto the only SEC team left.

History is my guide here, and it isn't being kind to you.

when one of the top teams in our conference just left for the big east, it's a pretty big deal that another just made the elite eight. I'm not sure why you feel the need to make this something it isn't, but I'm sure you'll try.

Brock 03-30-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9541468)
All you did was post a stat with absolutely no commentary about it. People just choose to take it a certain way because they are still pissed about the whole switching conferences thing.

Pissed? Nobody cares any more, not that anybody cared a whole lot to begin with.

WilliamTheIrish 03-30-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9541596)
when one of the top teams in our conference just left for the big east, it's a pretty big deal that another just made the elite eight. I'm not sure why you feel the need to make this something it isn't, but I'm sure you'll try.

I don't need to try to make anything out of it. I know what your intent was. If your intent was too [chuckle] "rep the valley" then you should have said as much. But that wasn't your intent.
And there's nothing wrong with glomming on to other much more successful, well run, smarter and better funded teams in your conference I guess. I couldn't do that, but some fans have no problem with it.

WilliamTheIrish 03-30-2013 03:10 PM

Marquette is keeping it close here. Ugly game but exciting.

WilliamTheIrish 03-30-2013 03:11 PM

Cadougan got his neck all twisted around on that drive to the hoop.

Ceej 03-30-2013 03:29 PM

Does any fan -- not a fan of tOSU and WSU think WSU has a legitimate shot to win tonight?