ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How good, exactly, is Branden Albert. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271379)

Tombstone RJ 03-22-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9521978)
Albert played LT and G in college. He is a true LT, and a very good one.

I'm sorry you are reeruned and can't see that.

Really?: Albert started all 37 games during his three-year career at Virginia, mostly at the offensive guard position as D'Brickashaw Ferguson and later five-star recruit Eugene Monroe occupied the left tackle spot. He was only the second Virginia freshman since 1972 to start on the offensive line. Albert earned first-team All-Atlantic Coast Conference honors as a junior.

He played mostly guard you reerun, why? Because better players played the tackle positions in college.

But whatever...

Tombstone RJ 03-22-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapist (Post 9521985)
Whoever took Albert was going to play him as a LT. It was talked about at the combine and his pro day. There's a reason why the draft guys who announced the pick instantly started talking about him as a LT before Herm could even say a single word on the matter.

Also, you're a ****ing dumbass.

That doesn't change the fact he played guard in college and he was the first guard taken in the draft. Like I said, your dumbass team drafted him and moved him to LT and now they want to 86 him for A SECOND ROUND PICK!

I'm sorry, but he is what he is, a midlevel LT, nothing special.

(a second round pick)

BigMeatballDave 03-22-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9522073)
Really?: Albert started all 37 games during his three-year career at Virginia, mostly at the offensive guard position as D'Brickashaw Ferguson and later five-star recruit Eugene Monroe occupied the left tackle spot. He was only the second Virginia freshman since 1972 to start on the offensive line. Albert earned first-team All-Atlantic Coast Conference honors as a junior.

He played mostly guard you reerun, why? Because better players played the tackle positions in college.

But whatever...

HE IS A TRUE LT, YOU ****ING HILLJACK.

WHOEVER DRAFTED HIM WAS PLAYING HIM AT LT.

jd1020 03-22-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9522083)
That doesn't change the fact he played guard in college and he was the first guard taken in the draft. Like I said, your dumbass team drafted him and moved him to LT and now they want to 86 him for A SECOND ROUND PICK!

I'm sorry, but he is what he is, a midlevel LT, nothing special.

I trust the Chiefs to know how to operate a fax machine.

Tombstone RJ 03-22-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9522103)
HE IS A TRUE LT, YOU ****ING HILLJACK.

WHOEVER DRAFTED HIM WAS PLAYING HIM AT LT.

I said he was drafted as a guard and he was. He was moved to LT and he's been a middling LT, nothing special. Good lord you are stupid.

Tombstone RJ 03-22-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9522108)
I trust the Chiefs to know how to operate a fax machine.

but not a draft...

BigMeatballDave 03-22-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9522117)
I said he was drafted as a guard and he was. He was moved to LT and he's been a midland LT, nothing special. Good lord you are stupid.

Midland?

He's better than Clady.

Tombstone RJ 03-22-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9522123)
Midland?

He's better than Clady.

yah, he's got the probowls to prove it...

BigMeatballDave 03-22-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9522132)

LMAO Donkey fans and their pro bowls

Tombstone RJ 03-22-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9522138)
LMAO Donkey fans and their pro bowls

:LOL: kc fans and their dreams

Jethopper 03-22-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9522132)

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Tombstone RJ 03-22-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jethopper (Post 9522159)
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

how good is Albert compared to Clady? Well, lets see what the experts think: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/pos...0-left-tackles

Albert is no where in this article. That's just one example of the fantasy you guys are living here.

keg in kc 03-22-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9522073)

But whatever...

Not that you want an actual answer to get in the way of your misperceptions, but Albert agreed to play inside for the cavs because Monroe could not. He was basically doing a solid for his team.

keg in kc 03-22-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9520165)
Again, you act like Albert is something special at LT. If he was, he would have been drafted with the #1 pick of the draft at LT, not at #15 as a guard. He's panned out ok, he's been a good but not great LT.

Oh, and I almost forgot about this.

No, I didn't say Albert was anything special. What I'm saying is that Joeckel isn't anything special. Albert is a good LT, and has proven worth his draft position. He's probably in the discussion for top-10 tackles in the league. If Joeckel was the next Orlando Pace, I wouldn't have much of an issue with it. But he's not. He's just benefiting from being part of a class with no clear blue chip players. There aren't many other years where he'd be in the discussion for number 1, and there aren't many other years where there aren't 3-4 tackles of equivalent value available in the latter half of the 1st round (just like there are 3-4 tackles just like him being talked about in the first half of this year's draft).
Quote:

As for Joeckel, if he's drafted #1 there's a reason for it. He may not be drafted #1 but there's a good possibility he will be. It is what it is whether you agree with it or not.
Yeah, there are reasons. Which I just outlined.

Tombstone RJ 03-22-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9522534)
Not that you want an actual answer to get in the way of your misperceptions, but Albert agreed to play inside for the cavs because Monroe could not. He was basically doing a solid for his team.

ok, fine, got a link to prove this? I looked for proof of this and I didn't find anything, however I did find this: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...orical/1243029 It says that he played almost entirely as a guard in college and only played one game as a tackle. It also says he projects in the NFL as a guard, and they don't see him being an NFL tackle. Now, of course this is a projection article and they are wrong because obviously Albert is a successful LT in the NFL. But my point is I don't see anything to substantiate your claim.

But if I'm wrong, just provide a link to prove your point and I'll concede.