ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510)

Hammock Parties 12-12-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9202570)
As bad as I want to be rid of Pioli, this might be the one time in the next 30 years that we have the #1 overall pick.

If we go get Eric DeCosta and Chip Kelly, will you be happy if they turn around and take Star #1 overall? I won't.

If we have to keep Pioli to get Geno Smith, I'll take Pioli back. And I'm dead serious.

It doesn't matter, because Clark is going to do 2 things this offseason:

1. Fire Pioli.

2. Hire a GM and demand he takes a QB #1 overall. That will probably be the first question in the interviews.

"Are you going to take a QB in the first round this year?"

"Well, the thing is, Clark..."

"Get the **** out."

htismaqe 12-12-2012 01:27 PM

I am as convinced as you are that Pioli is getting fired, so continuing to target him, in my opinion, is a waste of resources.

Taking a QB is not nearly as much of a sure thing, so we should concentrate on that.

BourbonMan 12-12-2012 01:45 PM

From the very beginning, this was about firing Pioli and getting rid of the FO..And this how it should end, IMO!!!

Flying a banner saying draft a QB with our first pick, is stupid...Considering (AT THIS POINT AND TIME)..There is not a QB out there that's worth a #1 pick...I don't care how much you FAP for Geno.

-King- 12-12-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9202630)
It doesn't matter, because Clark is going to do 2 things this offseason:

1. Fire Pioli.

2. Hire a GM and demand he takes a QB #1 overall. That will probably be the first question in the interviews.

"Are you going to take a QB in the first round this year?"

"Well, the thing is, Clark..."

"Get the **** out."

ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts 12-12-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 9202749)
From the very beginning, this was about firing Pioli and getting rid of the FO..And this how it should end, IMO!!!

Flying a banner saying draft a QB with our first pick, is stupid...Considering (AT THIS POINT AND TIME)..There is not a QB out there that's worth a #1 pick...I don't care how much you FAP for Geno.

So who do you think we should trot out at QB next year?

BourbonMan 12-12-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9202767)
So who do you think we should trot out at QB next year?

At this point..I don't know...Will have to wait and see what happens in the Combine...But I personally like more traditional QB's, rather than Hybrid's. I'm old school.

the Talking Can 12-12-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

what's with all teh noobs who haven't watched any of the QBs play showing up to tell us how bad they are?

Groves 12-12-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9202700)
I am as convinced as you are that Pioli is getting fired, so continuing to target him, in my opinion, is a waste of resources.

Taking a QB is not nearly as much of a sure thing, so we should concentrate on that.

I thought we were settled in the thinking that going past getting rid of Pioli was not wise.

Getting much more than that into personnel decisions comes off as hick armchair quarterback.

Not that we have zero evaluation skills, but rather we realize that even amongst ourselves we wouldn't have identical draft charts.

BourbonMan 12-12-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9202785)
what's with all teh noobs who haven't watched any of the QBs play showing up to tell us how bad they are?

Who says I haven't been watching the QB situation, just because I don't post about it every 10 seconds, doesn't mean I'm not informed.

BourbonMan 12-12-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groves (Post 9202806)
I thought we were settled in the thinking that going past getting rid of Pioli was not wise.

Getting much more than that into personnel decisions comes off as hick armchair quarterback.

Not that we have zero evaluation skills, but rather we realize that even amongst ourselves we wouldn't have identical draft charts.

THIS!!

patteeu 12-12-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

I agree. As soon as you start getting specific about something beyond "fire pioli", you're bound to alienate a portion of your support. I wouldn't distract from the focus with a "draft a QB" message and certainly not one that named a specific QB.

the Talking Can 12-12-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 9202814)
Who says I haven't been watching the QB situation, just because I don't post about it every 10 seconds, doesn't mean I'm not informed.

you haven't, that's how i know

it's the same vague things about smith that people show up to say...things you wouldn't say if you had actually watched more than 1 play on espn

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 12-12-2012 02:44 PM

Happy Holidays - Fire Pioli - SOC

DeezNutz 12-12-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9202884)
Happy Holidays - Fire Pioli - SOC

LMAO.

I like it.

BourbonMan 12-12-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9202878)
you haven't, that's how i know

it's the same vague things about smith that people show up to say...things you wouldn't say if you had actually watched more than 1 play on espn

And what bad/vague things have I said about Geno or for that matter any QB...Like I said before...I'm old school..I like the tradional pocket QB's, rather than the Hybrid QB's.