ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****OFFICIAL 2013 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272221)

KC_Connection 05-13-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9680613)
We just can't make plays at the end of the game. Too many pussies playing scared. I'm embarrassed of the shot Ibaka turned down in OT. We don't deserve to win. Good luck to Memphis in the next round. This shit is over.

Ibaka isn't a #2, that's for sure.

KevB 05-13-2013 10:43 PM

Meanwhile Memphis has nobody actually coming to the ball on the inbounds....everybody running way. In what universe is that the right approach? You always have someone coming to the ball on an inbounds.

KevB 05-13-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9680624)
Yeah, I wouldn't be happy with Hollins as a Memphis fan either. Couple of bumbling idiots in this series.

Absolutely. Credit to Hollins for fostering the attitude of the team, but as a game coach he's shaky as hell.

-King- 05-13-2013 10:45 PM

Grizzlies are winning the West.

dirk digler 05-13-2013 10:45 PM

great win Grizzlies!

KevB 05-13-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9680613)
We just can't make plays at the end of the game. Too many pussies playing scared. I'm embarrassed of the shot Ibaka turned down in OT. We don't deserve to win. Good luck to Memphis in the next round. This shit is over.

Ibaka caught fire tonight, but they all just too deferential to Durant. He's obviously the alpha, but somebody else has to step up. I thought Martin or Ibaka were starting to get there tonight, but fortunately it didn't happen (for the Grizz).

Pitt Gorilla 05-13-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9680630)
Absolutely. Credit to Hollins for fostering the attitude of the team, but as a game coach he's shaky as hell.

Yet, he's a million times better than Brooks.

Hammock Parties 05-13-2013 10:46 PM

In for Memphis shitting on the Heat in the finals.

okcchief 05-13-2013 10:48 PM

I really feel like if a few of these guys played average we'd be alright in this series. We have been in all of these games, and are completely clueless at the end. If Serge Ibaka doesn't have confidence to take that shot in OT he's making about twice as much money as he should be.

We were done 3 weeks ago so I'm not that disappointed because we have no shot at a ring regardless. If they don't at minimum amnesty Perkins this offseason this I'm going to be be ****ing pissed.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-13-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9680644)
In for Memphis shitting on the Heat in the finals.

Memphis has the best shot to dethrown them. Whether it happens or not remains to be seen.

okcchief 05-13-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9680630)

That's pretty much the same as Brooks. Two guys who just got the right jobs at the right time.

Pitt Gorilla 05-13-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9680651)
I really feel like if a few of these guys played average we'd be alright in this series. We have been in all of these games, and are completely clueless at the end. If Serge Ibaka doesn't have confidence to take that shot in OT he's making about twice as much money as he should be.

We were done 3 weeks ago so I'm not that disappointed because we have no shot at a ring regardless. If they don't at minimum amnesty Perkins this offseason this I'm going to be be ****ing pissed.

You thought they were done before the season started (in that they had no shot at a ring).

KC_Connection 05-13-2013 10:53 PM

Memphis' depth is still too thin for my liking. They play a few scrubs way too much for lack of better options (Prince and Bayless being most promimnent). Gasol has carried them so far and he may continue to, but both the Spurs (if they make it to the WC final) and the Heat will be greater challenges.

okcchief 05-13-2013 10:54 PM

I really wish they would fire Brooks and hire someone like Larry Brown who would probably take a small contract. Won't ****ing happen, but a mother ****er can dream.

Again, Memphis is the better team and deserves the series. I'll be rooting for them. Probably would have been the same kind of series with Westbrook, but think we'd be closing games. Wednesday will be the same shit all over again.

okcchief 05-13-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9680663)
You thought they were done before the season started (in that they had no shot at a ring).

I thought they had a small shot, but yea it would have been surprising.