ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****OFFICIAL 2013 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272221)

Hootie 05-07-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9667057)
Really cant say that yet. Harden is a complete turd in the playoffs usually and the Thunder still have a shit ton of high draft picks coming.

high draft picks?

uh, no

they are all going to be in the 10-20 range

those aren't high picks

Miles 05-07-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9667040)
Kevin Martin is just god awful.

What a terrible, terrible, terrible trade that turned out to be.

I'm a Rockets fan so obviously love that trade and jab at OKC whenever I can. I have seen a lot of Martin and he is an odd player to make sense of. He can play lights out and look like a borderline allstar or look like total dogshit depending on the game which usually averages out to him looking like an efficient scorer. His defense is constantly aweful though.

okcchief 05-07-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9667040)
Kevin Martin is just god awful.

What a terrible, terrible, terrible trade that turned out to be.

The Kevin Martin part of it was for sure. He's a regular season scorer. Still like Lamb, and we'll see how the picks go, but it doesn't look promising. Unlike the Jeff Green trade I regret that one. I know they went with Ibaka because big men are harder to find and defense, but he is afraid of big moments. His hands are terrible and for someone so athletic he's a clumsy ****. He can't time an alley pop at all. He's also an overrated defender because he's just a shot blocker and has a low basketball IQ. So yeah, I'd rather have ****ing Harden and spread young guys inside and amnestied Perk.

However, we still have Westbrook and Durant and are set up as well as anyone the next few years

Amnesty Perk

Let Martin go

Bring in a low post player

Roll with Lamb.

It's not like I'm ashamed losing to this Memphis team though. Gasol and Randolph are outstanding.

Everything went our way for awhile. We'll be alright in the end.

silver5liter 05-07-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9667064)
high draft picks?

uh, no

they are all going to be in the 10-20 range

those aren't high picks

We will have one in the 12 range, thats a pretty damn high pick in the nba draft....

Edit: expecially considering how well OKC drafts

Hootie 05-07-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9667069)
We will have one in the 12 range, thats a pretty damn high pick in the nba draft....

no, no not really

Hootie 05-07-2013 11:16 PM

especially in this upcoming draft which is god awful

silver5liter 05-07-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9667072)
no, no not really

Im just saying,

2 first, 1 second, kevin martin AND Jeremy lamb who is a former first rounder is a pretty good haul for a player they really couldnt afford to keep.

okcchief 05-07-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9667059)

I'm not missing shit. Other players not rising to the moment is the reason the Thunder lost.

KevB 05-07-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Unfortunately, this is the worst draft since the Kenyon Martin draft.

Hootie 05-07-2013 11:18 PM

that's not a good haul for Harden who is a legit superstar NBA player

let me give you an idea of how worthless mid 1st round NBA draft picks are

1 year the Bulls traded their 1st round pick and Kirk Hinrich to Washington for their 2nd round pick

that was a real trade

Phoenix for a few years just gave away their picks for cash.

after pick 5 you're really hoping it's either a deep draft or you stumble into a Paul George or Jimmy Butler

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-07-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Top 12? Dang that is high. You could end up with like a Cody Zeller or Mason Plumlee!

KC_Connection 05-07-2013 11:21 PM

Shaq trolling Perkins. Good stuff. LMAO

-King- 05-07-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9667076)
I'm not missing shit. Other players not rising to the moment is the reason the Thunder lost.

Well yeah, thats what I was talking about. Then somehow you got that I was saying that it was Durants fault.

silver5liter 05-07-2013 11:22 PM

The fact of the matter is they couldnt afford to keep Harden, so they got the most they could out of him. I personally think Lamb is going to be great once he gets a real chance.

Miles 05-07-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9667073)
especially in this upcoming draft which is god awful

It's getting a lot of comparisons to the 2000 draft where Kenyon Martin went #1 overall and was actually a pretty good pick there.