ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Marriage Question (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110519)

royr17 02-20-2005 07:27 PM

Marriage Question

Ok lets start here.

I need some help with some things i need to know on gettin married, the do's, the dont's, the things you need to know about that.

I see you guys here some are married some arent so the ones that know stuff i need to know let me know about it.

So what are the things i should know about it, cause i dont wanna wait my whole life to get married, i actually wanna be married before i turn 26 which is 6 years from now.

But I wanna get started early in startin a family, so what are the do's and dont's in marriage ???

KcMizzou 02-20-2005 07:28 PM

Oh lord. Somebody warn Roy Sr. ROFL

Saulbadguy 02-20-2005 07:29 PM

ROFL

Eleazar 02-20-2005 07:29 PM

What's wrong with not being married when you are 26? :hmmm:

KcMizzou 02-20-2005 07:30 PM

How many weeks late is she?

:D

tk13 02-20-2005 07:30 PM

ROFL This should be good....

Saulbadguy 02-20-2005 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou

Heh. The shotgun is already loaded.

Logical 02-20-2005 07:31 PM

Another comedy gold thread in the opening phase.

4th and Long 02-20-2005 07:32 PM

This is easy. Don't get married, and if you do, go kicking and screaming all the way.

By the way, I suggest you use this for the top of the wedding cake.
http://img109.exs.cx/img109/2646/weddingcake5ro.jpg

Eleazar 02-20-2005 07:32 PM

Sneaking off to the courthouse is how I would do it. That way I won't have to tell my family or anything until it's already done.

KcMizzou 02-20-2005 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
Sneaking off to the courthouse is how I would do it. That way I won't have to tell my family or anything until it's already done.

ROFL

You're goin to hell for that one..

badgirl 02-20-2005 07:33 PM

Don't!!!!For god sakes boy get a grip will ya. Your too damn young to start a family wait till your 30 for gods sake whats the hurry :cuss:

Manila-Chief 02-20-2005 07:34 PM

Well, unless things have changed drastically over in that part of the world, the normal first step is to get a girlfriend first. It's kinda risky to just walk out on the street and grab a girl and take her to the alter...

Although, you could find any number of girls who would do that for you over here!!!! And, some of them are rather attractive.

ChiefsCountry 02-20-2005 07:35 PM

Hey I'm 20 and I'm in no hurry to get married.

Eleazar 02-20-2005 07:37 PM

Quote:

ROFL

You're goin to hell for that one..

Disclaimer

marriage is bad and no one should do it under any circumstances!!

that ought to absolve me :thumb:

Eleazar 02-20-2005 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manila-Chief
Although, you could find any number of girls who would do that for you over here!!!! And, some of them are rather attractive.

What's it cost to mail one of those rather attractive ones back to the states :hmmm:

tk13 02-20-2005 07:41 PM

I'd plunge on a trip to Vegas and get married by a flying Elvis. If that's too much to ask maybe just hire First Down Elvis and get married on the 50 yard line at Arrowhead. :)

el borracho 02-20-2005 07:41 PM

Roy, it is great that you are in love but it seems foolish to speak of marriage so early in the relationship and especially at your age. Why don't you just enjoy dating for a while and re-visit this topic again in 3 or 5 years?

Miles 02-20-2005 07:41 PM

Quote:

Nice ROFL

royr17 02-20-2005 07:41 PM

Dads already gettin onto me about this one

I need to know what are some things you need to know about the person before ever thinkin of gettin married.

I dont wanna wait till im 30. I wait till im 30 i better just not have a family at all cause thats on the way down the hill.

FloridaChief 02-20-2005 07:43 PM

Every time I think I've seen the nadir of this BB, inevitably someone grabs a shovel and digs for China...

royr17 02-20-2005 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho
Roy, it is great that you are in love but it seems foolish to speak of marriage so early in the relationship and especially at your age. Why don't you just enjoy dating for a while and re-visit this topic again in 3 or 5 years?

Im just askin for some advice in case if i decide to in 2 years, what are the things i should know, the do's and the donts i should know before even attemptin to get married.

Hammock Parties 02-20-2005 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17

I need to know what are some things you need to know about the person before ever thinkin of gettin married.

I dont wanna wait till im 30. I wait till im 30 i better just not have a family at all cause thats on the way down the hill.

That's absolutely not true. My parents didn't get married until they were in their late 20s and had kids in their early and mid 30s.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 02-20-2005 07:44 PM

Quote:

Considering I got married at 31 and am getting ready to celebrate my 14th anniversary soon, with a very beautiful 12 year old daughter, I really ought to smack you with a very large rock over that condesending and rather not-well-thought-out remark.
:cuss:

el borracho 02-20-2005 07:49 PM

Quote:

Im just askin for some advice in case if i decide to in 2 years, what are the things i should know, the do's and the donts i should know before even attemptin to get married.

Know yourself
Know what is important to you
Know the other person
Know what is important to them

By the way, it takes more than just asking to find the true answers to those topics.

Mosbonian 02-20-2005 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th and Long
This is easy. Don't get married, and if you do, go kicking and screaming all the way.

By the way, I suggest you use this for the top of the wedding cake.
http://img109.exs.cx/img109/2646/weddingcake5ro.jpg

ROFL.....LMAO!!!

That's rep..:thumb:

mmaddog

Iowanian 02-20-2005 07:54 PM

III!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listen Up Fool. Absolutely, under no circumstances should you even CONSIDER that word, until you've know a broad for at least 2 years.

Your fresh wet Pecker is talkin' here Boy........

I think the rule of thumb in your case should be that you can't get married until you can have sex for 2 full minutes..........in a row.

If you want to practice for marriage, get yourself a job.......go every day for a year.......when you get home, mow the yard, pay the bills, and prepare to be wrong about something when you get inside.

Before you consider marraige, you need to know ALOT of things.
1. Has she always been a female
2. has she ever been in Prison

3. Has she ever committed a felony
4. Has she ever done a DP for internet PRon Sites?
5. How does she act when she's sick
How does she act when you or a loved one are ill? Is she pissed because you went to Grandma's funeral instead of taking her to see the matenee?
6. How many other horny internet virgins is she pillaging?
7. Does she have a Job?
Is she good with Money or in Deep Shit Debt?
Does she expect you to immediately expect you to provide as much as her Daddy Doctor?
Do you even know her middle name?
DO you like the smell of each other's farts? If you haven't smelled her fart, you don't know her at all.

Are Her pants easier to get into than Community College?

If yes, assume that during your marraige, as many guys will pass through both gates.

Never Buy the First Car you test drive. EvAR!

4th and Long 02-20-2005 07:56 PM

Quote:

Know yourself
Know what is important to you
Know the other person
Know what is important to them

By the way, it takes more than just asking to find the true answers to those topics.

And remember ... try on the shoe before you buy it, ... just to make sure it fits well. Along that same line of thought, take heed of the following conversation.

Son: Dad, I have a problem
Dad: What is it son?
Son: Ummm ... I got my girl friend pregnant.
Dad: Damnit Son! What were you thinking!?
Son: Well Dad, you always said, "Try on the shoe before you buy it."
Dad: Yes Son, I did say that but ... you don't shit it and prevent yourself from taking it back!

Mosbonian 02-20-2005 07:58 PM

Quote:

Really? Hmmmm....had my kids at 36 and 40......and I am in the prime of my life at 48!!!

I know kids your age that are already on the downhill slope...it's all a matter of taking care of yourself!

mmaddog

Phobia 02-20-2005 08:00 PM

Quote:

You're ****in full of shit and you know it. Way to try to cover your ass, though. Next time don't use Saran wrap.

Mosbonian 02-20-2005 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloridaChief
Every time I think I've seen the nadir of this BB, inevitably someone grabs a shovel and digs for China...

What's Ralph Nader digging a hole to China got to do with this?

Wait....nevermind....:banghead:

mmaddog

Phobia 02-20-2005 08:03 PM

RoyC,
Please go buy III a hammer. That way anytime he's tempted to use his keyboard in the future, he can use the hammer on his fingers. Good Lord.

FloridaChief 02-20-2005 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmaddog
What's Ralph Nader digging a hole to China got to do with this?

How'm I supposed to know? Ask Hoover.

Eleazar 02-20-2005 08:04 PM

Since we're on the marriage topic, here's one a I just heard.

A man comes home from work one day and sees his wife packing up her suitcases. He asks her where she's going, and she says "I'm leaving you and moving to Las Vegas. I just saw on television that I can make $200 a night doing what I do for you for free."

Suddenly, the husband begins packing his bags, too. The wife asks what he's doing, and he says "I want to see how you're going to live on $400 a year."

tk13 02-20-2005 08:05 PM

If nothing else, maybe you could have the traditional KU Jayhawk wedding. Go to a nice church and have a real fancy ceremony... and then when you get to the very end of the vows, you choke the bride.

Iowanian 02-20-2005 08:06 PM

I think if you get married, you should Let Rich Scanlon have a go at her on your wedding night.

teedubya 02-20-2005 08:08 PM

ROy finally gets laid, and he thinks he found the love of his life. Hey ROy, its called Pussy... all chicks have one. Just cuz one let you touch hers, doesnt mean its love...

Im almost embarassed for you.

Phobia 02-20-2005 08:09 PM

Roy, when you bring home a W-2 that has more than 3 zeros on the end feel free to post another marriage thread. Until then, don't even think about it.

I'm already gonna smack you upside the head once when I see you next. You don't want to add to that.

royr17 02-20-2005 08:09 PM

I dont think this thread was good idea.

Mosbonian 02-20-2005 08:10 PM

Quote:

First of all.....her real name, not the one she uses on the Internet

Second....does she have a husband

mmaddog

4th and Long 02-20-2005 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmaddog
First of all.....her real name, not the one she uses on the Internet

Second....does she have a husband

mmaddog

ROFL ROFL ROFL

badgirl 02-20-2005 08:11 PM

How do you know SHE wants to marry you roy, have you already asked?

royr17 02-20-2005 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
Roy, when you bring home a W-2 that has more than 3 zeros on the end feel free to post another marriage thread. Until then, don't even think about it.

I'm already gonna smack you upside the head once when I see you next. You don't want to add to that.

And why would you do that for ??????????

stevieray 02-20-2005 08:13 PM

Quote:

The subject isn't, either.

royr17 02-20-2005 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badgirl
How do you know SHE wants to marry you roy, have you already asked?

I dont wanna answer this but yes we have.

The Bad Guy 02-20-2005 08:14 PM

Dude, are you serious? About 2 months ago you were telling everyone about chicks you met on the net fighting over you and now you want marriage advice?

Stop while you're ahead. You don't marry chicks you met on the net after 3 months.

Enjoy being young and take your time. Marriage is no race - it's a marathon and you will never make it if you run too fast too early.

I'm just recently engaged, but I've been dating my fiancee for 3 years and we are waiting a while to get married so we can save cash.

I'm sure you will get your balls broke on this thread, and you should. If you are thinking about marriage already, it's not love, it's an infatuation.

KcMizzou 02-20-2005 08:14 PM

Quote:

Please dont stop posting these threads. These are always quality entertainment.

Phobia 02-20-2005 08:15 PM

Quote:

This thread is the least of your worries. You better reel your peter back into your trousers before you make another decision. Where are you gonna live? How are you gonna get to the grocery store? When you
get there, how are you gonna pay? If your peter produces RoyIV, what are you gonna do?

How much money do you think it would take to feed and house a wife and a child, Roy. Throw out a wild guess.

4th and Long 02-20-2005 08:16 PM

Quote:

:doh!:
Where do I sign up to help smack this kid upside his head?

KcMizzou 02-20-2005 08:16 PM

Quote:

Ah geez.. It just stopped bein' funny.

FloridaChief 02-20-2005 08:16 PM

Quote:

Oh, FFS...

The Bad Guy 02-20-2005 08:16 PM

Quote:

This is a cry for help if I've ever seen one.

You don't want to wait till your 30? You still might be waiting till your 30 because the chances of a marriage like this lasting are slim and none and slim just gave you the finger.

If she's the right one, then what's the rush?

Iowanian 02-20-2005 08:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

If you were thinking, you wouldn't have THUNK this in the first place.

Mosbonian 02-20-2005 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
Since we're on the marriage topic, here's one a I just heard.

A man comes home from work one day and sees his wife packing up her suitcases. He asks her where she's going, and she says "I'm leaving you and moving to Las Vegas. I just saw on television that I can make $200 a night doing what I do for you for free."

Suddenly, the husband begins packing his bags, too. The wife asks what he's doing, and he says "I want to see how you're going to live on $400 a year."

Now that's funny....ROFL

mmaddog

Phobia 02-20-2005 08:17 PM

Quote:

And why would you do that for ??????????

I don't have a bobblehead of my own and I wanted to see how one of them empty head dolls bobbed.

chiefs4me 02-20-2005 08:17 PM

The only thing you need to know is do not get married before you are 25...you have years of fun ahead before you settle down. You don't wanna have a kid when you are a kid yourself.

|Zach| 02-20-2005 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
If nothing else, maybe you could have the traditional KU Jayhawk wedding. Go to a nice church and have a real fancy ceremony... and then when you get to the very end of the vows, you choke the bride.

ROFL

badgirl 02-20-2005 08:17 PM

Quote:

Let me get this straight you asked and she said Yes, now you want to know what you need to know before you get married, Roy, Roy, Roy, ........thats no good,now how are you gonna get out of it? :shake:

You ARE gonna get out of it right :hmmm:

royr17 02-20-2005 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy
Dude, are you serious? About 2 months ago you were telling everyone about chicks you met on the net fighting over you and now you want marriage advice?

Stop while you're ahead. You don't marry chicks you met on the net after 3 months.

Enjoy being young and take your time. Marriage is no race - it's a marathon and you will never make it if you run too fast too early.

I'm just recently engaged, but I've been dating my fiancee for 3 years and we are waiting a while to get married so we can save cash.

I'm sure you will get your balls broke on this thread, and you should. If you are thinking about marriage already, it's not love, it's an infatuation.

Actually i've known this girl for a year.

Saulbadguy 02-20-2005 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs4me
The only thing you need to know is do not get married before you are 25...you have years of fun ahead before you settle down. You don't wanna have a kid when you are a kid yourself.

Marriage doesn't always equal kids right away.

stevieray 02-20-2005 08:18 PM

roy, please do not do this...

|Zach| 02-20-2005 08:19 PM

Quote:

I don't think there is a general set marriage age at all...why would you paint such a broad brush? It is such a situational thing.

There are all kinds of people that have great marriages that got married before 25

There are all kinds of people that don't have have great marriages that got married before 25

There are all kinds of people that have great marriages that got married after 25

There are all kinds of people that don't have have great marriages that got married after 25

chiefs4me 02-20-2005 08:20 PM

2 months and you have already talked about marriage..where is your daddy at boy. Is he reading this?

Phobia 02-20-2005 08:20 PM

Quote:

:banghead: Roy, pack up everything you own. Get a ride over to her house. Put all your stuff on her porch. Leave. Never speak to her again.

I'm trying to save you a whole lot of trouble.

The Bad Guy 02-20-2005 08:20 PM

Quote:

Have you hung out with her all the time for that year? Or have you just talked on the computer?

If you haven't spent a lot of time with her, you don't know shit about her.

Saulbadguy 02-20-2005 08:21 PM

Where are you going to live if you get married?

badgirl 02-20-2005 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray
roy, please do not do this...

LISTEN TO US GD IT DON'T GET MARRIED, I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN IF YOU DO BOY, DO YOU HEAR ME :cuss:

Iowanian 02-20-2005 08:21 PM

If you can't afford a car..check that, 2 cars
If you can't afford a house
If you can't afford food for 3
If you can't afford Lights (daddy, thanks for ALLL this Light! Its GREAT to read by.....here's the big piece of chicken)
If you can't afford Heat,Car insurance, home insurance, health insurance, and swimming lessons................

You're never going to be able to afford her crack habit, internet connection or the Divorce, where you'll never be able to afford her ALLIMONY.

No........Take your dick out of the Selzter Bottle and think about what you've said.

royr17 02-20-2005 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badgirl
Let me get this straight you asked and she said Yes, now you want to know what you need to know before you get married, Roy, Roy, Roy, ........thats no good,now how are you gonna get out of it? :shake:

You ARE gonna get out of it right :hmmm:

No she already told me she wants to be with me and us get married in 2 years. So i was just askin for some advice.

stevieray 02-20-2005 08:21 PM

Quote:

where is your daddy at boy.

:rolleyes:

el borracho 02-20-2005 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachKC
I don't think there is a general set marriage age at all...why would you paint such a broad brush? It is such a situational thing.

There are all kinds of people that have great marriages that got married before 25

There are all kinds of people that don't have have great marriages that got married before 25

There are all kinds of people that have great marriages that got married after 25

There are all kinds of people that don't have have great marriages that got married after 25

Unfortunately, there is no data for those that got married right at age 25 so there your guess is as good as anyone's, Roy.

The Bad Guy 02-20-2005 08:22 PM

Quote:

:banghead: Roy, pack up everything you own. Get a ride over to her house. Put all your stuff on her porch. Leave. Never speak to her again.

I'm trying to save you a whole lot of trouble.

Now that is great advice.

While he's at it, he should just give some of his money to a lawyer for the hell of it too.

Eleazar 02-20-2005 08:22 PM

Quote:

This thread is the least of your worries. You better reel your peter back into your trousers before you make another decision. Where are you gonna live? How are you gonna get to the grocery store? When you
get there, how are you gonna pay? If your peter produces RoyIV, what are you gonna do?

How much money do you think it would take to feed and house a wife and a child, Roy. Throw out a wild guess.

Forget what it costs to be married, tell him how much they cost to get OUT of

|Zach| 02-20-2005 08:22 PM

Quote:

Unfortunately, there is no data for those that got married right at age 25 so there your guess is as good as anyone's, Roy.

ROFL ROFL

The Bad Guy 02-20-2005 08:22 PM

Quote:

No she already told me she wants to be with me and us get married in 2 years. So i was just askin for some advice.

I have some ocean front property I can sell the 2 of you in Oaklahoma as well if you want.

Phobia 02-20-2005 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian
No........Take your dick out of the Selzter Bottle and think about what you've said.

Seltzer bottle? :hmmm: Do they have any wide mouth bottles?

Spott 02-20-2005 08:23 PM

Quote:

Well, I agree with you about the over 30 thing, but that's more of a personal choice. I got "fixed" at 24 after 1 kid and I'm very glad that I had my son before 30.

I'd wait till after you've gone through college before you'd consider marrying someone. If you get married too early, you tend to want to sew your wild oats when you get to be 30 or so. I recommend going to college, have fun, get laid, and don't worry about marriage.

badgirl 02-20-2005 08:23 PM

Quote:

WHEW, we got 2 years thank god, I thought you meant real soon.

don't worry guys it ant gonna last that long, and if it does, then ok maby I'll get your back

Logical 02-20-2005 08:23 PM

Quote:

Ah geez.. It just stopped bein' funny.

and became seriously sad.

Iowanian 02-20-2005 08:24 PM

And Don't forget the Water Bill. I realize that In Kentucky, some folks poo outside, but the rest of the Country Enjoy the benefits of indoor plumbing........which costs money