ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The constant negativity is tiresome. Who is ready to join me and move on? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271150)

Brock 03-21-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeker (Post 9517223)
It seems that to some, being right is far more important.

Being right is far more important. Blind hope is for stupid assholes.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-21-2013 04:38 PM

Smith once run in a TD like Bono, YEAH####2!

OnTheWarpath15 03-21-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9517141)
Instead of hoping he sucks or hoping he gets hurt why don't you hope he does well? Don't you want the Chiefs to do well? Or is being proven right more important?

I hope I win the Powerball Saturday night.

I'm smart enough to realize that the odds are against it happening.

I hope Alex Smith leads this team to a Lombardi Trophy.

I'm smart enough to realize the odds are against it happening.

splatbass 03-21-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9518931)
40+years of false hope in mediocre backup QB's brought into being the Chiefs savior tend to make people be realistic of the team's expectations.

I've been a fan for more than 40 years, so save it for someone else.

splatbass 03-21-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9518964)
I hope I win the Powerball Saturday night.

I'm smart enough to realize that the odds are against it happening.

I hope Alex Smith leads this team to a Lombardi Trophy.

I'm smart enough to realize the odds are against it happening.

The odds are against it no matter who is QB. There are 32 NFL teams. Only one can win the SB each year. There are a handful of elite QBs in the league. Every year all but one fail to win a SB. Last year Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Tom Brady, and the other elite QBs all failed to win the SB.

The odds are ALWAYS against it. That is no reason to give up. Winners always think they can win. Losers think "well, we just aren't good enough". You think like a loser.

OnTheWarpath15 03-21-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9519018)
The odds are against it no matter who is QB. There are 32 NFL teams. Only one can win the SB each year. There are a handful of elite QBs in the league. Every year all but one fail to win a SB. Last year Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Tom Brady, and the other elite QBs all failed to win the SB.

The odds are ALWAYS against it. That is no reason to give up. Winners always think they can win. Losers think "well, we just aren't good enough". You think like a loser.

I'd love to play poker against you. You have no concept of odds.

splatbass 03-21-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9519029)
I'd love to play poker against you. You have no concept of odds.

You would lose.

Sorter 03-21-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9519056)
You would lose.

If all Hawaiians are as gullible as you made the board believe in regards to Te'o, I'm betting you get raped by OTWP.

Repeatedly.

splatbass 03-21-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9519071)
If all Hawaiians are as gullible as you made the board believe in regards to Te'o, I'm betting you get raped by OTWP.

Repeatedly.

I doubt it. I do pretty well in Las Vegas.

And what I said about Teo is valid. I never said all Hawaiians are gullible (he isn't even Hawaiian - you realize that Hawaiian is a race, right? You don't become Hawaiian by living in Hawaii).

keg in kc 03-21-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9519018)

Well, that's a load of bullshit if I ever saw one.

Spott 03-21-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9519008)
I've been a fan for more than 40 years, so save it for someone else.

You can save your false hope for someone else. Everyone here has seen this same act over and over and we all know how it ends.

Brock 03-21-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9519145)
You can save your false hope for someone else. Everyone here has seen this same act over and over and we all know how it ends.

5th time is the charm

splatbass 03-21-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9519145)

No one knows how it will end this time, Nostradamus. You assume.

KCDC 03-21-2013 05:47 PM

What you are missing Splatbass is that, even though the odds of winning the SB are long, you have a better chance with an elite QB than an average QB. You have a better chance with an elite defense than an average defense.

With Alex Smith, our long-shot to the SB just became a long, long, long, long, loooooong shot.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-21-2013 05:49 PM

No, your wife isn't banging the mailman. He just comes in for coffee every afternoon for an hour.