ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The constant negativity is tiresome. Who is ready to join me and move on? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271150)

ayleswbj 03-18-2013 05:33 PM

Hey this is just my opinion on Geno, I am not playing Devil advocate. I just dont see what all the Chiefs fans see. I see a guy who doesnt scramble very well, played in a gimmick offense. Didnt do anything special to make his team really very good. ex 7-6. Yes he ran the spread pretty well, but he doesnt take a snap from center, he is barely 6'2, his accuracy is questionable until he starts playing in a pro=style offense. no way would i risk the top pick for him. I think you can get 10 guys like geno in the 2-5 round

AlexSmithDynasty 03-18-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCDC (Post 9511562)
Answer: scouts and GMs are coming to realize after his pro day that Geno is better than they credited.

The signing of Alex Smith means we go 8-8 this season. That could easily translate into a pick somewhere between 15-20 in next year's draft.

Teddy and Taj will be picked #1 and #2 by the teams holding those picks (who finished that low because they had suckage at QB). Even if one were silly enough to trade, they would not trade down with a team holding the #16 pick. They would trade down with someone have a top 5 pick. So, we have no chance.

You, obviously, have been a Chiefs fan for less than 40 years. This is why we never get a QB. When a good one comes, we can't (or are unwilling to) pay the price to move up. When we do get the #1 pick and can select a QB who is a top 10 talent by anyone in the know now, we decide to pass, kling to a below average QB that will ensure nothing but that we will pick between #15-20 every year so that we cannot get a premier QB. Instead, we will be forced to take chances on Brodie Croyles and Tyler Thigpens in later rounds, in hopes that one turns out to be Russell Wilson.

No thanks.

If any scout or GM is swayed just because of a pro day where a qb is throwing uncovered scripted routes that he prepared for with his receivers, with no pass rush they should not be GM's or scouts. A pro day for a qb is pretty much them just playing catch, the truth is all on film, the only reason you're hearing more about him now is because the draft is coming up and he's probably the most high profile player just because he's a qb, and surely some desperate franchise like a Jacksonville, Buffalo, or Oakland will reach for him. That doesn't change the fact that he's a Ponder, Gabbert, Locker, etc.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-18-2013 05:43 PM

Would anyone pick Alice number one overall? Answer: no.
Posted via Mobile Device

AlexSmithDynasty 03-18-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9511716)
Posted via Mobile Device

Except they did...

Beeker 03-18-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9499611)
Not just last year.

In the last 6 years, we've had the 1st overall pick, the 3rd overall pick, the 5th overall pick TWICE, and the 11th overall pick.

One of those guys isn't even on the team anymore, another probably shouldn't be, one is likely about to be the first RT ever taken 1st overall in NFL history, one was unimpressive against insurance salesmen in college, and one might eventually become an impact player.

5 picks that should have been franchise-altering, and MAYBE one difference maker in the bunch.

And one of those #5 picks is now with the 49ers :D

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-18-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexSmithDynasty (Post 9511732)
Except they did...

Would they today, even if he were fresh out of college? Answer: No.
Posted via Mobile Device

AlexSmithDynasty 03-18-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9511752)
Posted via Mobile Device

Smith was never a Manning/Luck/RG3 type prospect but he would definitely be the top qb in this year's draft class if he were fresh out of college.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-18-2013 05:57 PM

The Alex Smith fanboys would pick him, strip him down, and commence the sword fight.

SAUTO 03-18-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9511716)
Posted via Mobile Device

To be absolutely fair someone already did
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 03-18-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexSmithDynasty (Post 9511762)
Smith was never a Manning/Luck/RG3 type prospect but he would definitely be the top qb in this year's draft class if he were fresh out of college.

I would say him and Geno would be neck and neck right out of college
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 03-18-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9511766)
The Alex Smith fanboys would pick him, strip him down, and commence the sword fight.

Be honest...

You want in on it don't you?
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 03-18-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9511798)
Be honest...

You want in on it don't you?
Posted via Mobile Device

:drool:

Mav 03-18-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9511752)
Posted via Mobile Device

Why not? In this draft this year? Playing it that way, you wouldnt know that without a perfect scenario he couldnt succeed. He did nothing in college to show he couldnt play. Thats hateristic non sense.

Mav 03-18-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9511795)
I would say him and Geno would be neck and neck right out of college
Posted via Mobile Device

yeah, hey would........Guess who andy would want?

Mav 03-18-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9511766)

Great, now you are gonna get sour pickled willy in here slobbering all over Geno and the thought that he could sword fight with his man crush.....