ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music Name That Tune (Really Difficult One) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263969)

FAX 09-20-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorp (Post 8931065)
Here is my shot Mr. Fax.

Jason Mraz - 93 million miles
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u5WiqJFq2-o?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks, Mr. Scorp. But no, that isn't it either.

Too many chords, too normalish. I knew this would be tough on account of the lack of clues. However, I figured that because the song was so unusual, you guys would nail it.

I'll try and get back to the market tonight and, by God, if the manager doesn't give me that CD, I'll tear that freaking place apart. There will be lettuce and potatoes and cantaloupe everywhere and I'll smack him square in the nuts with a clump of celery.

FAX

Baby Lee 09-20-2012 04:57 PM

My submission. It the very least, is this the kind of chord progression you're envisioning? Three chord, droning, a key change.

No real dominant percussion

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OddXCja1N4E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FAX 09-20-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8931178)
Are you positive it's not something older, like Jeff Buckley?

Synths? Strings? Horns? Anything unique?

I wish I could offer more. As I mentioned, the listening conditions were less than ideal. It might be older ... honestly, I refuse to listen to the radio much other than classical and jazz in an effort to avoid being let down. The only reason I thought it might be more recent is because it was on a muzak reel with a lot of other stuff that was probably no more than 5 years old.

I'll check out Buckley and see if he's a possibility.

As for strings, horns ... there were probably strings and/or synth throughout but I can't swear to it. I may be projecting, but I think there might have been merely due to the fact that it was a very dramatic sort of arrangement and melody with extremely minimal chord changes ... like almost none. Were I producing something like that, I'd probably use strings. No horns, though ... at least what I could hear.

I recall hardly any percussion. The main clues I can offer are the facts that the vocalist was a high tenor and the song is, essentially, a 1-chord song with very occasional changes ... that is what makes it so unique. The melody line takes place over this sort of droning chord thing. It's a very cool song ... very interesting melody. Wish I could have made out some of the lyrics. Or, alternatively, had gone to a different market to buy stuff for my juicer.

FAX

JoeyChuckles 09-20-2012 05:07 PM

I think people are getting closer to the song style, but forgetting this was played in a grocery store. Go to the local store and take a sample of the music. I doubt they are playing most of the stuff we are guessing.

FAX 09-20-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8931201)
My submission. It the very least, is this the kind of chord progression you're envisioning? Three chord, droning, a key change.

No real dominant percussion

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OddXCja1N4E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry, Mr. Baby Lee, but nope.

That's in the general ballpark ... kind of. This song was more richly produced ... at least, it seemed that way.

I knew this was going to be tough since I can offer few clues. But I didn't think it would be this difficult. I've googled every conceivable combination of terms trying to churn up something but, so far, nothing. Honestly, it's getting hard to believe that we can't figure this out.

FAX

JoeyChuckles 09-20-2012 05:11 PM

I know this has too much percussion and stuff, but I would hate to have an idea and not throw it out there.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XaKr98ktoxU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FAX 09-20-2012 05:11 PM

Nope. Not Buckley. Wrong voice.

FAX

FAX 09-20-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyChuckles (Post 8931233)
I think people are getting closer to the song style, but forgetting this was played in a grocery store. Go to the local store and take a sample of the music. I doubt they are playing most of the stuff we are guessing.

ROFL

I think you're right. Everything else they have on that reel (so far as I can remember) is pretty pop/rock oriented and written for radio. Some older, but mainly fairly recent. To be honest, that's the reason this particular song stood out. Otherwise, I would never have noticed.

By the way, that last song isn't it, either. Thanks, man. But sorry.

FAX

JoeyChuckles 09-20-2012 05:23 PM

When we figure this one out, can we keep the thread going? This is like a fun mystery game. Whomever gets the correct song gets to post the next one.

DaneMcCloud 09-20-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8931218)
I wish I could offer more.

Me, too.

Okay, here's what I do, if it's just killing you. Call the grocery store and ask to speak to the manager. Ask him who supplies their music service. If he doesn't know, he can likely give you the number to their corporate office, which will in turn give you the name of the music service.

Contact the music service. Tell them that you heard a song in your city, zip and state playing this month at "x" grocery store and ask them for a playlist. I'd be shocked if they didn't comply. Once you have the list, post it here or search for yourself on Spotify or whatever.

It sounds like more work than it actually is and you'd probably have your answer in less than an hour. Good luck!

jjjayb 09-20-2012 06:42 PM

How about this radiohead song:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lZiNtbgm9oM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FAX 09-20-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8931311)
Me, too.

Okay, here's what I do, if it's just killing you. Call the grocery store and ask to speak to the manager. Ask him who supplies their music service. If he doesn't know, he can likely give you the number to their corporate office, which will in turn give you the name of the music service.

Contact the music service. Tell them that you heard a song in your city, zip and state playing this month at "x" grocery store and ask them for a playlist. I'd be shocked if they didn't comply. Once you have the list, post it here or search for yourself on Spotify or whatever.

It sounds like more work than it actually is and you'd probably have your answer in less than an hour. Good luck!

Thanks, man. I'm on it.

Although, I will probably be on it tomorrow. It's 8:00 and I don't know where my remote control is.

FAX

FAX 09-20-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjjayb (Post 8931515)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lZiNtbgm9oM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nope. Thanks, Mr. jjjayb, but that's not it either.

I like that song, though. It's too bad that isn't the one.

FAX

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-20-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

You're so ****in special. I wish I was special.

yhf 09-20-2012 10:14 PM

This doesn't quite fit your description Mr. Fax but now that we are just throwing darts was it this?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KsFVH8vBH9A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Methinks it lacks the british affect you described (among other things) but what the hell. By the way your description is remarkably illustrative but maddeningly devoid of any useful clues figuring it outwise.

Demonpenz 09-20-2012 10:26 PM

I have heard wierd shit at grocery stores like Pinback. Never know what the shit you are going to hear.

Chiefshrink 09-20-2012 10:27 PM

Geddy Lee's new acoustical solo album "Tenor I Am":p

Seriously though is the voice Geddy Lee like?

Demonpenz 09-20-2012 10:28 PM

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/59cQWw9ctOA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

acesn8s 09-21-2012 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8931151)
Well, we know for sure we aren't looking for the same song, Mr. Thig Lyfe. Still, I am certainly pleased that you found yours.

As for people being nice on here, we have to remember that the human race is, essentially, evil. And, of course, the most evil of all humans post right here on ChiefsPlanet. And I must tell you, they certainly haven't always been helpful or nice to me.

Why, I remember when I was a mere N00b (sp?), I was demeaned, insulted, and chastised for taking up space in the universe. Mr. Phobia was the worst and Mr. Rain Man was no better.

Eventually, I realized that no one on this board was ever going to be nice to me. So, rather than continue to suffer their abuse, I decided to post the most inane, vacuous, mindless, and asinine things I could think of. Then, over time, I came to be accepted as one of them. Now they only post things like "Camptown Races" when I'm suffering a serious emotional breakdown and in legitimate need of assistance.

FAX

I am sorry I offended you Mr. FAX but felt like the right thing to do. I do have a suggestion for you though. Perhaps this is it? <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C8Q7_HTDo0k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FAX 09-21-2012 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acesn8s (Post 8932481)
I am sorry I offended you Mr. FAX but felt like the right thing to do. I do have a suggestion for you though. Perhaps this is it? <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C8Q7_HTDo0k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROFL

You didn't offend me, Mr. acesn8s. Not one bit. It was Mr. Mr. Flopnuts.

And, no. That's not the song. I'm going to find that damn thing, though. I'm going back to the market and hold the manager hostage with a bag of carrots until he gives me the answer I need. Then, it will be very interesting to post the tune so you guys can see what I was talking about ... and how closely my horrible clues were to the real thing (I only heard the song once in the midst of a din). God ... now that I think on it, I hope to hell I wasn't wrong about all of those clues I posted.

FAX

Mr. Flopnuts 09-21-2012 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8932485)
ROFL

And, no. That's not the song. I'm going to find that damn thing, though. I'm going back to the market and hold the manager hostage with a bag of carrots until he gives me the answer I need. Then, it will be very interesting to post the tune so you guys can see what I was talking about ... and how closely my horrible clues were to the real thing (I only heard the song once in the midst of a din). God ... now that I think on it, I hope to hell I wasn't wrong about all of those clues I posted.

FAX

But...but...I love you... :deevee:

FAX 09-21-2012 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yhf (Post 8932203)
This doesn't quite fit your description Mr. Fax but now that we are just throwing darts was it this?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KsFVH8vBH9A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Methinks it lacks the british affect you described (among other things) but what the hell. By the way your description is remarkably illustrative but maddeningly devoid of any useful clues figuring it outwise.

Okay ... "feel-wise" that's the closest yet. It was ballady like that and the production style is not exact, but similar in some respects. Even the singer is kind of close. But that's not it.

By the way, where have you been, Mr. vhf, and how's your reception these days?

FAX

jspchief 09-21-2012 06:02 AM

.<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UAWcs5H-qgQ" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

FAX 09-21-2012 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 8932233)
Geddy Lee's new acoustical solo album "Tenor I Am":p

Seriously though is the voice Geddy Lee like?

I'm not sure I've ever heard Geddy Lee's voice. I thought he was a bass player and raised those little, fat-bellied pigs in his backyard.

FAX

FAX 09-21-2012 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8932491)
.<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UAWcs5H-qgQ" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Not a bad tune, but no. It has chord changes ... the unique aspect of the song I heard (and the reason it caught my attention) is that the verse melodies take place over a single, sustained chord.

And isn't that a girl singer? My song had a guy singer. High tenor with that cool, occasional, rough break in his throat on select high notes. Good, damn singer.

FAX

FAX 09-21-2012 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8932488)
But...but...I love you... :deevee:

Oops.

Didn't think you'd see that.

Hey. How did you see that so quickly?

FAX

acesn8s 09-21-2012 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8932485)
ROFL

FAX

What kind of vocalist was it. Did they sound like they gave a crap about hitting notes or were they just reciting words rythmicly? How would you grade the singer's ability to sing? BTW Bob Seger used sax in his songs.

FAX 09-21-2012 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acesn8s (Post 8932497)
What kind of vocalist was it. Did they sound like they gave a crap about hitting notes or were they just reciting words rythmicly? How would you grade the singer's ability to sing? BTW Bob Seger used sax in his songs.

Tenor. Very high range. Great control. Almost as though classically trained, but definitely pop/rock stylization and annunciation. Based on what I remember, I'd give the guy an A+ and would love to work with him if the opportunity presented.

Yes, it sounded as though he gave a crap. Very controlled.

FAX

acesn8s 09-21-2012 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8932498)
Tenor. Very high range. Great control. Almost as though classically trained, but definitely pop/rock stylization and annunciation. Based on what I remember, I'd give the guy an A+ and would love to work with him if the opportunity presented.

Yes, it sounded as though he gave a crap. Very controlled.

FAX

Was it close to the vocals in the previous video?

FAX 09-21-2012 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acesn8s (Post 8932500)
Was it close to the vocals in the previous video?

Similar, Mr. acesn8s ... but only in the sense that they are both tenors. Your guy is more naturally "breathy" (of course, that could be the micking/production technique, but I don't think so). My guy is more like ... say ... Jon Anderson but not as thin on the high notes. More full and rounded than even say ... Robert Plant. Now, remember, I only heard this once in poor listening conditions ... but that's how I recall the vocal.

FAX

acesn8s 09-21-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8932507)
Similar, Mr. acesn8s ... but only in the sense that they are both tenors. Your guy is more naturally "breathy" (of course, that could be the micking/production technique, but I don't think so). My guy is more like ... say ... Jon Anderson but not as thin on the high notes. More full and rounded than even say ... Robert Plant. Now, remember, I only heard this once in poor listening conditions ... but that's how I recall the vocal.

FAX

Ok. Good info. This guy has some new(er) music out that is less "breathy" but they are a rock/pop mix kind of band that uses a violin frequently.

What kind of beat was it? Could one slow dance to it? Or does it get the women to bounce their boobies to it? Was it even danceable?

FAX 09-21-2012 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acesn8s (Post 8932516)
Ok. Good info. This guy has some new(er) music out that is less "breathy" but they are a rock/pop mix kind of band that uses a violin frequently.

What kind of beat was it? Could one slow dance to it? Or does it get the women to bounce their boobies to it? Was it even danceable?

Slowish tempo. Kind of a contemporary ballad. Would remind me of the old, progressive rock in a way ... ala early Genesis, Yes, King Crimson ... that symphonic rock. That's what I hear in my head ... again, I heard this one time in a supermarket produce section with babies crying and people talking and some old lady squeezing a honeydew.

We're talking about a song that had one (1) chord throughout the verse except for a single minor chord change at the end of the verse for, maybe, 4 beats to serve as a turn-around back to the root or original chord.

The melody was really nice and served as the primary vehicle ... you could almost imagine the guy singing acapella because he was working over this single, droning chord.

I didn't hear much percussion ... at least, it wasn't predominant. I might have heard strings or synth in the background to carry the sustains. I might have heard electric guitar. If there was acoustic guitar, I didn't hear it.

Let's see ... what else can I tell you? ... Actually, that's about all I can think of in terms of clues.

I can't wait to find out what the hell this song was.

FAX

Black Bob 09-21-2012 06:44 AM

Hey Fax, did you try The Shins links I posted? The way you describe it sounds like The Shins style.

FAX 09-21-2012 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8932525)
Hey Fax, did you try The Shins links I posted? The way you describe it sounds like The Shins style.

Yep. I did. No joy there, though.

This is actually an interesting exercise that's kind of like that "telephone game". It's fascinating to see how different people interpret my stupid clues differently.

To my mind, the main clue is the whole "single chord" deal. Yet, every song guys have posted has normal chord progressions. Some are slower paced than others, but they all have progressions. The song from Hell doesn't. That's what makes it so unusual and I know for a certain, absolute fact that there are very few songs ever recorded or released that use one chord throughout the verses. U2 has done it, but not many others.

FAX

acesn8s 09-21-2012 06:52 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BkZfKAFuArE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FAX 09-21-2012 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acesn8s (Post 8932533)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BkZfKAFuArE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice tune. Kinda depressing. I feel badly for that guy and his sad state of mind.

But ERRRRNT!!!

The vocal range and subtleties are damn close to the one I'm looking for. Style-wise, I mean. Still, this isn't the vocalist. I can assure you of that.

FAX

FAX 09-21-2012 06:59 AM

Okay ... I have to get some work done.

Thanks, Mr. acesn8s and everyone else for all your efforts to assist on this deal. Sorry my clues suck. I really am. But, eventually, we'll get this figured out. I can't wait for you guys to hear this tune ... you'll probably find it abhorrent.

FAX

acesn8s 09-21-2012 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8932535)
Nice tune. Kinda depressing. I feel badly for that guy and his sad state of mind.

But ERRRRNT!!!

The vocal range and subtleties are damn close to the one I'm looking for. Style-wise, I mean. Still, this isn't the vocalist. I can assure you of that.

FAX

I tried.

I used to tell Joie that very same thing about him (she introduced me to them). I find myself enjoying their music when I need an emotion release (Razorblade for rage, She's my Ride Home to lose myself in a tune, Into the Ocean or X amount of Words if I feel the need for pop, Dirt Room or The End if I feel the need to get revenge).

Maybe next time Mr. FAX but i cannot...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HpeRI_dTsZU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fire Me Boy! 09-21-2012 07:20 AM

Based on your most recent description, I think it's a band called RA. Gorgeous high tenor. Sorry, embed is disabled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Black Bob 09-21-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8932531)
Yep. I did. No joy there, though.

This is actually an interesting exercise that's kind of like that "telephone game". It's fascinating to see how different people interpret my stupid clues differently.

To my mind, the main clue is the whole "single chord" deal. Yet, every song guys have posted has normal chord progressions. Some are slower paced than others, but they all have progressions. The song from Hell doesn't. That's what makes it so unusual and I know for a certain, absolute fact that there are very few songs ever recorded or released that use one chord throughout the verses. U2 has done it, but not many others.

FAX

It is tough to find that. Some songs are close but they aren't close to the one you describe.

When I think of songs with one guitar chord over and over I think of March Of the Pigs by Nine Inch Nails but, even it changes later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL72Tyxe1rc

It's hard to think of songs like that...

1moreTRich 09-21-2012 09:07 AM

Another shot, mostly check and see if this sounds like the singer. I've heard some Modest Mouse in the grocery stores around here lately.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FNxa9pFwimk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TRR 09-21-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1moreTRich (Post 8932770)
Another shot, mostly check and see if this sounds like the singer. I've heard some Modest Mouse in the grocery stores around here lately.

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FNxa9pFwimk" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

This is the first song that popped into my head after reading what FAX was looking for. It will stay in your head for days and the ba ba ba ba ba ba bahaha kind of fits his description.

Baby Lee 09-21-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Not even talking about FAX's conundrum [sorry, Witty Mr. FAX], but that reminded me of the cover of Blower's Daughter on Covert Affairs a couple weeks back. It's the same group that covered Creep for The Social Network.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eFYYkNacjaw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I heard the first couple of chords and started jumping around the room shouting 'Get OFF My Heartstrings!!!! Get This Dust Out of My Eyes!!!'

patteeu 09-21-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1moreTRich (Post 8932770)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FNxa9pFwimk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Multiple chords.

Mr. Flopnuts 09-21-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8932496)
Oops.

Didn't think you'd see that.

Hey. How did you see that so quickly?

FAX

I don't always follow posters on Chiefsplanet, but when I do, I follow Mr. Fax' posts.

1moreTRich 09-21-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 8932875)
Multiple chords.

Yeah, there are other inconsistencies, too. Like I said, I mainly just wanted him to listen to the signer.

jspchief 09-21-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 8932875)
Multiple chords.

I don't even know what that means. I'm not going to be much help.

PhillyChiefFan 09-21-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8932976)
I don't always follow posters on Chiefsplanet, but when I do, I follow Mr. Fax' posts.

:toast:

Chiefshrink 09-21-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8932539)
Okay ... I have to get some work done.

Thanks, Mr. acesn8s and everyone else for all your efforts to assist on this deal. Sorry my clues suck. I really am. But, eventually, we'll get this figured out. I can't wait for you guys to hear this tune ... you'll probably find it abhorrent.

FAX

Go back to the store and ask if their music is programmed. If it is ask if you can see their playlist. A lot of retail places used programmed music.

Joe Seahawk 09-21-2012 11:55 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pq-yP7mb8UE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FAX 09-21-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 8934463)
Go back to the store and ask if their music is programmed. If it is ask if you can see their playlist. A lot of retail places used programmed music.

Yep. That's the plan, Mr. Chiefshrink. I'm holding the store manager hostage until those guys cross my palm with a CD and liner notes.

FAX

Joe Seahawk 09-22-2012 12:01 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1x1wjGKHjBI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FAX 09-22-2012 12:05 AM

Nice song, Mr. Joe Seahawk. Not it, but really nice. I like it.

It's funny, I get kind of nervous-like every time I've clicked on one of these youtube deals in the hope that it's the one.

This one is close in terms of the simplicity of the chord structure, but not it. The guy's voice is damn close, too. The one I'm looking for is more ... symphonic, I guess ... this is more like a garage jam. Plus, it's faster in tempo and the drums are more dominant.

EDIT: Oh! There's another one ... hold on ... nope. Too up-tempo with harmonies (mine didn't have harmonies, I don't think). Plus, it has percussion up front. Thanks for helping, though. Seriously.

FAX

Simply Red 09-22-2012 12:35 AM

http://tinyurl.com/ygdr9z4 ??

FAX 09-22-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimplyRed (Post 8934558)

Is that one of those rickroll deals, Mr. SimplyRed. If so, I ain't clicking on that, man.

FAX

MatriculatingHank 09-26-2012 09:34 PM

Well, any progress in identifying the song?
I'm much interested in what it was.:hmmm:

FAX 09-26-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MatriculatingHank (Post 8953457)
Well, any progress in identifying the song?
I'm much interested in what it was.:hmmm:

Not yet. I have not had the opportunity to matriculate over to that market again. I'll probably go there sometime over the next few days.

Believe me, I am as anxious as you are to solve this mystery.

FAX

Rain Man 09-26-2012 09:55 PM

It's not 500 Miles by The Proclaimers, is it? I love that song.

aturnis 09-26-2012 10:30 PM

?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1J8W6x4q9NQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ecto-I 09-26-2012 10:33 PM

Could it be Ed Sheeran? New British tenor singer who's hits include "A-team" and "Lego House"

Ecto-I 09-26-2012 10:37 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UAWcs5H-qgQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ecto-I 09-26-2012 10:38 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c4BLVznuWnU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

asdf 09-26-2012 10:50 PM

was in the grocery store tonight and heard this, first thing that popped into my head was...."I wonder if this is Fax's song..." :)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JCgpdqttjAo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FAX 09-26-2012 10:57 PM

No, no, no, no, no, and no.

Sorry guys. None of those are the one.

Dang it, I knew my clues were bad, but I really thought that one of you guys would figure this out.

Ah well, with luck I shall convince the market manager to relinquish his CD ... if he knows what's good for him. I can chuck a quart jar of mayonnaise over 20 yards.

FAX

Tits McGee 09-26-2012 11:24 PM

TV on Radio, Staring at the sun.
Go to ITunes and go through top 40 songs over the last few years... It's a start.

Daru 09-26-2012 11:45 PM

hello Fax I sent you amazing song. Probably best of all time its the greatest for sure i know. Check your mail center I sent it to you!! Very eager to see your thoughts !

Mr. Flopnuts 09-27-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daru (Post 8953598)
hello Fax I sent you amazing song. Probably best of all time its the greatest for sure i know. Check your mail center I sent it to you!! Very eager to see your thoughts !

Well this will be fun as shit.

Mr. Flopnuts 09-27-2012 12:15 AM

It started with a whisper...

jspchief 09-27-2012 01:45 AM

This thread must not end until this is solved.

Fire Me Boy! 09-27-2012 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8953546)
No, no, no, no, no, and no.

Sorry guys. None of those are the one.

Dang it, I knew my clues were bad, but I really thought that one of you guys would figure this out.

Ah well, with luck I shall convince the market manager to relinquish his CD ... if he knows what's good for him. I can chuck a quart jar of mayonnaise over 20 yards.

FAX

Can you play QB?

Joe Seahawk 10-05-2012 05:13 PM

:shrug:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1lyu1KKwC74?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pasta Little Brioni 10-05-2012 05:19 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xo-J1wf2KHc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Papi 10-05-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8929654)
10. As I mentioned, I couldn't hear the lyrics, but the verse/vocal went "da da da daaaaa ... dada dada dada da daaaaa" ... like that.

You should record yourself humming the melody. That would be much more helpful than trying to figure it out from your typed "da da's" Unless you can't hum worth a darn.

Scorp 10-05-2012 05:27 PM

WTF guys? 15 days and this mystery hasn't been solved yet! This place has lost it's burst.

JoeyChuckles 10-05-2012 06:27 PM

Just when I stopped having nightmares about this thread, somebody goes and digs it back up.

Tombstone RJ 10-05-2012 06:27 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9rkUPTiDTTU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

not really a high voice, maybe sometimes...

chiefzilla1501 10-05-2012 06:31 PM

Great, now I'm sucked into it. The high-voiced male vocal singers that come to mind are Death Cab for Cutie, Iron and Wine, Coldplay, Jeff Buckley, or Sufjan Stevens. But good god, no idea what it could be.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-05-2012 06:33 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/F20zZKWeXyg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Terribilis 10-05-2012 06:34 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6Zi4AyzRC4

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-6Zi4AyzRC4" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

AustinChief 10-05-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papi (Post 8980083)
You should record yourself humming the melody. That would be much more helpful than trying to figure it out from your typed "da da's" Unless you can't hum worth a darn.

THIS AND MORE THIS! I can't translate your da dums for shit.