ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Ouch: PFW Evaluates Geno, Barkley (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271664)

Ace Gunner 04-03-2013 09:34 PM

my fear is that goodell will have them playing 7/7 flag ball when the chiefs are a contender.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-03-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9555098)
Everybody misses, and everybody misses big. That includes teams, which is why great players are found at the bottom of drafts and as UDFAs, and guys like JaMarcus Russell go #1 overall.

Awesome take, Scott!
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-03-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 9555238)
Am I the only one that wants to take Geno, but knows that if we do take him we won't win a Superbowl with him because black Qb's, for whatever mystical-magical reason, don't win Superbowls? It doesn't matter who they are or how good, some how-some ****ing way, it doesn't happen.

That's races...
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter 04-03-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 9555238)
Am I the only one that wants to take Geno, but knows that if we do take him we won't win a Superbowl with him because black Qb's, for whatever mystical-magical reason, don't win Superbowls? It doesn't matter who they are or how good, some how-some ****ing way, it doesn't happen.

Small sample size of black QBs in SBs as well.

patteeu 04-03-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9554833)
Since when? Mayock's the chode muncher who always mocks us LTs.

He gave us Monroe, Okung, and Bulaga three ****ing years in a row. I don't know ANYBODY on here who has ever liked what he's said about the Chiefs and the draft.

Oh, and whaddaya know? Before the Alex Smith trade was announced, he was all about Joeckel coming here. Before he knew what the **** Albert was up to at all and when Winston was still a Chief. Joeckel Joeckel Joeckel was his thing.

During combine coverage they put up a screen shot of Chiefs #1 needs, which included QB, CB, and ILB or something like that. He looked at that and even said, "WHAT THE **** IS THIS? OFFENSIVE LINE, GOD DAMN IT! HERE, LET ME WRITE IT OUT FOR YOU *writes out OL with the yellow pen* SEE? OFFENSIVE. LINE. JESUS ****!"

We didn't listen to him and look where it got us!

Mr. Laz 04-03-2013 09:49 PM

Casserly was just saying that he had his doubts that any QB in this draft will ever be an NFL starter.

The guys he likes best are Barkley and Dysert

Sorter 04-03-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9555291)
Casserly was just saying that he had his doubts that any QB in this draft will ever be an NFL starter.

Well, I'd bet that Geno, Barkley, Glennon and Nassib all end up starting at some point.

Just Passin' By 04-03-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9555306)
Well, I'd bet that Geno, Barkley, Glennon and Nassib all end up starting at some point.

I figure he was implying, or at least thinking, that they'd have to be legitimate, competent starters in order to count.

Just Passin' By 04-03-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9555023)
So he goes from this after Geno Smith's pro day 3 weeks ago:

To now "I couldn't take him in the top 10." WTF? I like Mayock, but he's gotten worse ever since he started getting more gigs. It's clear he's not watching nearly as much tape. Remember, Mayock liked Gabbert more than Newton too.

Quote:

"I'm a big believer in value," NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock said last week when discussing the quarterbacks available in the 2013 draft. "If you have a top-10 pick, you want an All-Pro at some point. If you look at Geno Smith, he could be a top-10 pick in some people's eyes. Now for me, he and Matt Barkley to me are more like 20 to 32. That's where I feel more comfortable."
http://www.woai.com/sports/nfl/Buffa...wg72SMGaw.cspx

RealSNR 04-03-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9555290)
We didn't listen to him and look where it got us!

He'd probably still tell us to take one of these tackles.

The dude is a ****ing psycho about this position. At least when it comes to Kansas City. It's like he can't think of anything better to give us.

ChiefsCountry 04-03-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

That means lots of studs in this class if Casserly's dumbass doesn't like any of them.

RealSNR 04-03-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Casserly is a senile old fool.

And no, I'm not just saying that because of what he said about this QB class. He's always been a ****ing moron going all the way back to when he was a GM.

Pioli takes a page from his book. That should tell you something.

Sorter 04-03-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9555420)
That means lots of studs in this class if Casserly's dumbass doesn't like any of them.

This

Sorter 04-03-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9555414)

As previously stated to the extent of nausea, "draft value" is not only silly but doesn't apply to QBs.

For example, the 49ers got great "value" with Kaepernick by Mayock's definition. However, if a team had selected him in the top 15, it would have been poor value in his eyes.

Additionally, I don't really care what Mayock says about QBs. I do enjoy his analysis of DBs though.

Sorter 04-03-2013 10:58 PM

Seattle got horrible "value" in Bruce Irvin, Wagner, and Wilson. LMAO