ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert just called 610. Wants to stay in KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269183)

htismaqe 01-27-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc79 (Post 9357044)
I didn't say he's moving to G. The Chiefs are gonna leak all kinds of false info out. Get used to it. This happens every year

The Chiefs aren't leaking that crap.

It's coming from dumbshit talking heads in the media.

kc79 01-27-2013 09:07 PM

Even if we sign Albert, these talking heads are gonna say they're moving Albert to G and they'll draft a LT. Let Dorsey and Reid complete their draft board and draft the BPA

htismaqe 01-27-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc79 (Post 9357071)
Even if we sign Albert, these talking heads are gonna say they're moving Albert to G and they'll draft a LT. Let Dorsey and Reid complete their draft board and draft the BPA

Yep. Nobody outside of KC knows how good Albert is. I trust Andy Reid knows, though.

RunKC 01-27-2013 09:38 PM

We sign Albert and the media will still say draft Joeckel and put Albert at G or RT.

If we come out and say that Albert is our LT, then the media will say draft Star because he's now the BPA.

It's a dumb, vicious cycle.

DeezNutz 01-27-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9357164)
Yep. Nobody outside of KC knows how good Albert is. I trust Andy Reid knows, though.

And ****tards in KC ran Albert down consistently throughout the first couple of years of his career. It wasn't entirely dissimilar to the level of stupidity directed at Carr when he was with the Chiefs.

htismaqe 01-27-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9357184)
We sign Albert and the media will still say draft Joeckel and put Albert at G or RT.

If we come out and say that Albert is our LT, then the media will say draft Star because he's now the BPA.

It's a dumb, vicious cycle.

Star isn't BPA. He skipped the Senior Bowl so he's probably no better than mid 1st round now.

BossChief 01-27-2013 10:12 PM

If we take a LT that only gave up one sack and replace him with a project and use the first overall pick to do so, the team should get the rest of their draft picks taken from them as a punishment for being so dumb.

O.city 01-27-2013 10:15 PM

Star was afraid to go to the SR bowl. Can't take him at one. And take a non pass rushing DL that early? No thanks.

RunKC 01-27-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9357286)
If we take a LT that only gave up one sack and replace him with a project and use the first overall pick to do so, the team should get the rest of their draft picks taken from them as a punishment for being so dumb.

Joeckel is not a project. Give him his due credit.

O.city 01-27-2013 10:17 PM

Joeckel is actually a great LT. He's not Ogden like Miller says, but he's a great prospect. However, I don't want to start building around a LT, especially when we already have a very capable guy who is just finishing a rookie contract.

DaneMcCloud 01-27-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9357294)

You're right.

The Raiders will love it when Hali and Houston are abusing his ass.

RealSNR 01-27-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

You don't know that. Sometimes even the most talented tackles wind up being projects.

D'Brickashaw Ferguson is a great example. Russell Okung.

And if you count ALL first round tackles, the list is endless.

Joeckel isn't Joe Thomas. He's not even Jake Long. Let's also not inflate his stock just because this is the worst group of non-QBs I've seen at the top of a draft in a long time.

BossChief 01-27-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

I have given him his credit...all along I have said if we already had a qb he would be a good pick in the top five. But, he is from a spread system and lacks strength to handle the stronger rushers. He isn't a sure thing and IMO is about the same prospect Albert was coming out...maybe a hair better.

DeezNutz 01-27-2013 10:25 PM

Might look back on this draft and laugh that Patterson isn't getting more love.

RunKC 01-27-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9357307)
You don't know that. Sometimes even the most talented tackles wind up being projects.

D'Brickashaw Ferguson is a great example. Russell Okung.

And if you count ALL first round tackles, the list is endless.

Joeckel isn't Joe Thomas. He's not even Jake Long. Let's also not inflate his stock just because this is the worst group of non-QBs I've seen at the top of a draft in a long time.

You could say that about any player. Well except Luck, RG3 and Peyton.