ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Joe flacco (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269127)

BossChief 01-21-2013 10:24 PM

Flacco is a winner. I don't think there is another QB that has as many regular or post season wins since he as been a starter.

Sorter 01-21-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9340516)
Flacco doesn't have big numbers because the Ravens don't throw it as much as other teams. They can't, because their OL is not great from a pass blocking standpoint.

If he played behind Brady's line he'd have huge numbers.

Notonly did they not throw it as much but Cameron's scheme didn't emphasize high % throws. He emphasized getting yards in chunks which explains Flacco's poor comp% throughout his career IMO *not this year's PO)

Hammock Parties 01-22-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9340561)
Flacco is a winner. I don't think there is another QB that has as many regular or post season wins since he as been a starter.

His playoff success is probably overrated because of Baltimore's defense, but last week kind of destroyed that argument.

mcaj22 01-22-2013 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9340673)
His playoff success is probably overrated because of Baltimore's defense, but last week kind of destroyed that argument.

last week? what about this entire 3 game playoff sample

114.7 QB Rating
51-93
853 yards
8 touchdowns
0 picks
throws of 50, 70 and 26 as his longest passes in all three games

so hes not just even making his bread and butter off dinking and dunking, hes beating teams in the playoffs with his arm strength

Hammock Parties 01-22-2013 12:47 AM

Yeah but Baltimore's defense has played extremely well throughout his playoff career. I mean he won a playoff game where he threw for 34 yards.

Last week against Denver was the first time he really had to go win a game. I suppose you could say he did that had it not been for the drop/missed FG last year against NE.

Just tempering the FlaccoBJ a bit.

BryanBusby 01-22-2013 02:23 AM

Flacco starts playing well after the Ravens dump a overrated, stupid offensive coordinator and a new one gets adjusted in the new role. What a coincidence.

Cam Cameron sucked.

Chiefshrink 01-22-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9340478)
The elite discussion has to be revisited then.

What makes them elite? Stats? the ability to bring teams back in big games?

If the criteria is big inflated numbers, then no, Flacco isn't elite.

However, if it's winning in the playoffs and coming back in those playoffs, then yes, he's an elite QB.

He's a Lee Evans and/or Cundiff kick away from going to the SB in back to back years. He beat Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in 3 straight weeks.

You make good points on the surface but Colts, Broncs and Pats = NO PASS RUSH and go back and look at all his playoff wins prior to this year and look at who he beat or his D beat ? Chiefs were one of them.. :doh!: An elite pass rush is coming in 2 weeks and like I said, IF he wins against the niners I will change my mind.

Rausch 01-22-2013 09:06 AM

To me "clutch" and "elite" are the same thing.

If you can be depended on to make the plays that win games and you consistently do then you're "elite."

That definition works for K, QB, WR, or any defensive player.

When you're put in the position to make a play than can win the game how often do you?

That decides who's "elite."

The Bad Guy 01-22-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9340936)
You make good points on the surface but Colts, Broncs and Pats = NO PASS RUSH and go back and look at all his playoff wins prior to this year and look at who he beat or his D beat ? Chiefs were one of them.. :doh!: An elite pass rush is coming in 2 weeks and like I said, IF he wins against the niners I will change my mind.

The 49ers haven't been able to sniff the QB this playoffs with their pass rush. Aldon Smith has been invisible.

The Broncos have a comparable pass rush to anyone in the league. They have 2 elite rush ends.

People just keep wanting to change the criteria. Nevermind that he's lead his team back in 2 straight playoff games on the road against really good QBs. Now it's a "he didn't face a pass rush"

Get lost with this nonsense.

He's as clutch as any QB in this league.

Deberg_1990 01-22-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9340948)
To me "clutch" and "elite" are the same thing.

If you can be depended on to make the plays that win games and you consistently do then you're "elite."

That definition works for K, QB, WR, or any defensive player.

When you're put in the position to make a play than can win the game how often do you?

That decides who's "elite."

This^^

Its not about how many yards you throw. Teams pass so much in todays game, its dumb to judge a guy based on yards. Lots of guys throw for yards.

Flacco is a guy who just was able to slowly develop over time. His first 3 years in the playoffs he was viewed as an underachiever. Hes grown into a leader and elite playmaker.

TEX 01-22-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9341005)
This^^

Its not about how many yards you throw. Teams pass so much in todays game, its dumb to judge a guy based on yards. Lots of guys throw for yards.

Flacco is a guy who just was able to slowly develop over time. His first 3 years in the playoffs he was viewed as an underachiever. Hes grown into a leader and elite playmaker.

This.

GoChargers 01-22-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 9340473)
Shoot for the moon not the horizon. Do you want to pay Flacco the money to come here? Seriously? If so be my ****ing guest. He's overrated and you know it.

This year, he outplayed Luck, Peyton, and Brady in the playoffs on his way to the Super Bowl. Last year, he outplayed Brady and had a strong performance against the Texans' 3rd-ranked passing defense in the playoffs. All the while, people like you have called him a soft system game-manager who won't win anything. REAL overrated.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-22-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9338949)
FLACKO IS GOOD WE SHOULD TRADE CASSEL FOR HIM AND WE CAN DRAFT JOCKITCH AT #1

LMAO

Ebolapox 01-22-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9340480)
You're out of your ****ing mind.

chiefs fans are weird when it comes to QBs. they're never good enough for us. it's funny, we've had enough shitty ones over the last 50+ years that you'd think they'd WELCOME a good to great QB that wins in the playoffs

Easy 6 01-22-2013 01:44 PM

Last week really forced me to round the corner in my views on the unibrowed one, its like it really all started to come together for him this last month.

Consider my take on him thoroughly revised.