ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Blacklist (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276559)

siberian khatru 09-24-2013 09:57 AM

Spader chewing the scenery was by far the best thing about it for me.

If Keen truly is his daughter, they need to make that obvious reveal quickly, and let the show become a father/daughter spy-team adventure. Otherwise, if you drag it out and then reveal the obvious, I think a lot of people are gonna walk.

Hopefully, though, there's a better twist involved.

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 10014994)
Spader chewing the scenery was by far the best thing about it for me.

If Keen truly is his daughter, they need to make that obvious reveal quickly, and let the show become a father/daughter spy-team adventure. Otherwise, if you drag it out and then reveal the obvious, I think a lot of people are gonna walk.

Hopefully, though, there's a better twist involved.

Last night's twist was cool. Spader was great but for fans of Homeland, Diego Klattenhoff was good to see on a network, in albeit a similar role.

The key for me is not the true nature of the relationship but whether or not the producers allow Spader to mess with them. If he knows EVERYTHING that's suppose to happen every single week, that will tire quickly, IMO.

siberian khatru 09-24-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10015099)
Last night's twist was cool. Spader was great but for fans of Homeland, Diego Klattenhoff was good to see on a network, in albeit a similar role.

The key for me is not the true nature of the relationship but whether or not the producers allow Spader to mess with them. If he knows EVERYTHING that's suppose to happen every single week, that will tire quickly, IMO.

Good point.

keg in kc 09-24-2013 10:30 AM

It wouldn't make sense for him to know everything that's supposed to happen every week while he's in FBI custody. I think (hope) it'll be more like the scene towards the end of the episode where he's helping them put pieces together. Hopefully he doesn't conveniently escape every week so he has time to talk to his contacts.

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2013 10:46 AM

It'll be interesting to see how the show feels next week.

Joe Carnahan directed the pilot. The practice of big name Hollywood directors hired for pilots is becoming commonplace.

keg in kc 09-24-2013 10:49 AM

The weird thing to me is that they do that (Carnahan directing last night, Johnson directing last week's BB, etc) but don't seem to go out of their way to advertise it.

Although I think they're doing it at least in part to try and win Emmy's. Those voters love it when 'real' directors slum on television.

Lzen 09-24-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10014373)
Not reading anyone else's comments yet but what the ****!?

Coast Guard? Navy? Army? No one can catch a rubber boat with a 50 HP Merc?

LMAO

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. And the FBI agent just puts her head down. What? No cell phone call to HQ with the bad guys' location and heading? :rolleyes:

Show was okay, but some stupid stuff makes it less than good. I'll continue watching with the hope that it gets better.

BigRedChief 09-24-2013 09:25 PM

DVR screwed up and I only got to where they discover the girl has the bomb strapped to her. But, well done TV. I'll watch again next week.

Superbowltrashcan 09-24-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10017002)
DVR screwed up and I only got to where they discover the girl has the bomb strapped to her. But, well done TV. I'll watch again next week.

Here you go. Think you can finish it here. Just watched it tonight on the iPad.
http://www.nbc.com/the-blacklist/vid...-pilot/n41047/

007 09-24-2013 09:57 PM

Wow, NBC may finally have must watch TV again.

The_Doctor10 09-25-2013 03:38 PM

The writing was really uneven, but James Spader is a bad mother****er.

Found myself comparing it to Hannibal, which is vastly superior.

OmahaChief 09-25-2013 03:44 PM

Watched it last night and really liked it. Sure there were some things that seemed to not add up or seemed hokey but for the most part it is a fun watch that kept my interest. Spader is just a great actor and I love him already in this role.

Frosty 09-25-2013 03:58 PM

I'm not a big fan of having a bad guy that is all-knowing and all-powerful so I'm hoping this doesn't go down that road. If it goes to more of a Silence of the Lamb psychological bent (getting into the mindset of criminals), it would be more sustainable.

Frazod 09-25-2013 09:47 PM

We watched it tonight. Good first episode. Nice little twist at the end. I'll keep watching.

keg in kc 09-30-2013 09:08 PM

Good second episode.