ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

Swanman 04-26-2011 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7590923)
Yeah that seemed really odd to me that they don't have any ships.

There is a reason for that, but I am not sure if they will delve into it in the show, so I won't spoil it in this thread. I can PM the reason if you are just dying to know, but it's a fairly minor detail in the big picture.

allen_kcCard 04-26-2011 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 7591251)
is this a spoiler?

No, they already talked about how they joined up and went off to war to win the crown, and how he helpd him win it, now help him keep it, and all that. That is the rebellion.

BigRedChief 04-26-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 7591727)
No, they already talked about how they joined up and went off to war to win the crown, and how he helpd him win it, now help him keep it, and all that. That is the rebellion.

so he's King because they rebeled against the former King and overthrew him?

NewChief 04-26-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 7593951)
so he's King because they rebeled against the former King and overthrew him?

Yes. It will come out why they rebelled, but that's the gist of it. Daenarys and her brother are descendants of the king they deposed. That's why Robert was talking about having her killed in the last episode.

keg in kc 04-26-2011 08:43 PM

Viserys sold Dany to the Khal in the pilot so that he could use the Dothraki army to take the 7 kingdoms back from the usurpers.

Mr. Laz 04-26-2011 08:49 PM

does this mean nobody is going to tell me when the good :hump: scenes are?

:(

keg in kc 04-26-2011 09:01 PM

I think every episode would be a safe guess there, creepy uncle laz.

Mr. Laz 04-26-2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7594144)
I think every episode would be a safe guess there, creepy uncle laz.

:LOL:

Hey wait!!! :harumph:

DaFace 04-26-2011 10:02 PM

I've stayed out of these threads completely, as I'm actually in the middle of reading A Game of Thrones for the first time. (I actually didn't even know HBO was making this until recently.)

For those of you who HAVE read the books, can you tell me if they stay in the plot of the first book ONLY so far? I'd like to watch the show, but I'm nervous about spoiling something that's in the later books if I watch the show before reading those.

keg in kc 04-26-2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7594337)
I've stayed out of these threads completely, as I'm actually in the middle of reading A Game of Thrones for the first time. (I actually didn't even know HBO was making this until recently.)

For those of you who HAVE read the books, can you tell me if they stay in the plot of the first book ONLY so far? I'd like to watch the show, but I'm nervous about spoiling something that's in the later books if I watch the show before reading those.

I can't think of anything. Pretty sure it's been book 1 almost right off the page so far.

Martin himself mentioned the title of the second book when he blogged about the season 2 renewal, so I think it's safe to assume they're sticking fairly close to the books.

Swanman 04-27-2011 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7594337)

The first three books went in a fairly chronological fashion so there is very little risk of seeing something written in Clash of Kings during this season. And given that there is plenty in the first book to fill up the first season, there is no real reason to wander beyond that.

It will get tricky with Feast For Crows and Dance with Dragons (books 4 and 5) because I think many events in the books will happen within the same timeline, instead of book 5 being after book 4 chronologically.

Ultra Peanut 04-27-2011 11:18 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxLOXUGmRKI

Swanman 04-27-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 7595514)

I love that he just keeps slapping him throughout the scene (not 100 times like in the video but the three slaps did the trick). And Tyrion proves to be quite ambidextrous delivering effective bitch slaps with either hand.

keg in kc 04-27-2011 11:36 AM

One of the clowns on CHUD coined the phrase lil' lord ****stick for Joffrey, and I'm stealing it henceforth.

Mr. Laz 04-27-2011 11:40 AM

i hope someone cuts joffrey's nuts off so he can't reproduce.