ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Taking a break from the NFL obsession (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315802)

Nzoner 06-14-2018 07:22 AM

Taking a break from the NFL obsession

Those of you who know me and have visited the gameroom will know what kind of step this is for me so here's my checklist.

1.Recently informed my big money fantasy league that I'm out and I've already found someone to take my spot.

2.Will not be activating the other 6 DTV receivers this season.

3.Will not have Sunday Ticket

4,Will be spending more time outside in the Fall,either here or at the lake instead of being cooped up 12-14 hours on Sundays watching a game I have very little faith in anymore.

This does not mean I am done and have washed my hands of all but the plan is to take a major break which in all honesty I hope becomes a permanent thing.

Thanks for listening/reading.

Nixhex 06-14-2018 07:25 AM

I could not watch any other games but the Chiefs game and be fine. Don't think I could give up watching the Chiefs. I haven't missed a single game since 1997. I might be able to give up Fantasy football but that would be a tough one. Good luck Nzoner.

BigRichard 06-14-2018 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 13592371)
Those of you who know me and have visited the gameroom will know what kind of step this is for me so here's my checklist.

1.Recently informed my big money fantasy league that I'm out and I've already found someone to take my spot.

2.Will not be activating the other 6 DTV receivers this season.

3.Will not have Sunday Ticket

4,Will be spending more time outside in the Fall,either here or at the lake instead of being cooped up 12-14 hours on Sundays watching a game I have very little faith in anymore.

This does not mean I am done and have washed my hands of all but the plan is to take a major break which in all honesty I hope becomes a permanent thing.

Thanks for listening/reading.

Yeah, I have found myself watching less football on Sundays. I was religious about watching football on Sunday up until a couple of years ago. Last year I think I watched maybe half of the Chief games and maybe one other game all year.

BigBeauford 06-14-2018 07:27 AM

Worst season ever to take a break.

luv 06-14-2018 07:32 AM

No shame in that at all. I definitely know your passion for the sport, so those are some pretty big steps. Best of luck, and have fun outdoors!

loochy 06-14-2018 07:52 AM

Nzoner, this sounds like a wonderful idea. You'll save a good bit of coin and I'm pretty sure you'll be happier and healthier with a better relationship with your wife. Maybe just catch the Chiefs games on local TV or on the radio as you drive to/from the lake.

You don't like the way the NFL is headed? Speak with your pocketbook. Good job man.
Posted via Mobile Device

redfan 06-14-2018 07:55 AM

Spending more time outside sounds a whole lot better than spending more money. Enjoy!

Eleazar 06-14-2018 07:57 AM

I pretty much just watch the Chiefs and a percentage of the high profile games around the league. I almost never watch the Monday or Thursday games. The days of me tuning in for 5 NFL games a week are long gone. The sport just isn't as interesting as it once was.

Dayze 06-14-2018 08:01 AM

for the past 3 years or so, I've basically watched the Chiefs games, then go about my day/business. Couldn't tell you the last non-Chiefs game I watched, aside from the Super Bowl.
I find more enjoyment watching college football and have my Sundays back.

Prison Bitch 06-14-2018 08:07 AM

College football sucks so bad^

Fish 06-14-2018 08:12 AM

Chiefs are going to the Superbowl for sure now...

Simply Red 06-14-2018 08:16 AM

was it my NFL takes? Just come back - I'll stick to food threads and movies!

ChiefsCountry 06-14-2018 08:16 AM

Most excited for a Chiefs season in 15 years. Going to be a fun one.

KCrockaholic 06-14-2018 08:16 AM

Dude... Why would someone seriously wait until NOW to go rogue on the Chiefs?

We're in store for potentially the most exciting next 10 years in Kansas City history.

And seeing the birth of our chosen one build himself from the ground up will all be a part of the journey.

I've told the ****in pizza man to embrace this journey and don't miss a game. If you're a hint of a Chiefs fan, you need to jump aboard this and enjoy the ride because this is what we've been asking for-for 40 years.

Simply Red 06-14-2018 08:21 AM

I was going to buy some firecrackers when I was in town too!