ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Christopher Nolan's next: 'Interstellar' (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268701)

Coochie liquor 04-13-2015 06:17 AM

Watched it last night. Really enjoyed it. I have the ability to turn off reality and take most movies at face value. But after watching and reading somewhat about the movie, it's even deeper and better than I originally thought. May try n rematch it tonight to see all the parts the ending brings to light.

SLAG 05-09-2015 11:34 PM

Kids wanted a redbox so we picked this up on the blu ray..

They enjoyed it...
Spoiler!

BigMeatballDave 11-29-2015 11:26 AM

One of my favorite movies all-time. I've watched it 6 times now.

The scene when they're talking about relativity and Gargantua just blows my mind. The science of it. Fascinating. Same when he enters gargantua and gets into another dimension and behind Murphy's books. Took me a few times through to realize that HE was the gravitational anomaly early in the movie and the 'ghost.

My brain has orgasms when I watch this. :D

-King- 11-29-2015 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 11911607)
One of my favorite movies all-time. I've watched it 6 times now.

The scene when they're talking about relativity and Gargantua just blows my mind. The science of it. Fascinating. Same when he enters gargantua and gets into another dimension and behind Murphy's books. Took me a few times through to realize that HE was the gravitational anomaly early in the movie and the 'ghost.

My brain has orgasms when I watch this. :D

Yeah, but when you really think about it....the story is pretty bad and filled with holes. Great movie though.

RobBlake 11-29-2015 06:57 PM

the ending was terrible

BigMeatballDave 11-29-2015 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 11914603)
Yeah, but when you really think about it....the story is pretty bad and filled with holes. Great movie though.

What are the holes?

BigMeatballDave 11-29-2015 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobBlake (Post 11915079)
the ending was terrible

How else was it supposed to end?

DaneMcCloud 11-29-2015 07:03 PM

This movie is on Amazon Prime in December

Bowser 11-29-2015 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 11914603)

Yeah, I expect better story telling and tons more realism from time travel and quantum physics movies. :facepalm:

Great, great flick.

BigMeatballDave 11-29-2015 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11915121)
Yeah, I expect better story telling and tons more realism from time travel and quantum physics movies. :facepalm:

LMAO

Miles 11-29-2015 10:45 PM

My love for this movie likely was in a fair part due to seeing at a full size IMAX in 70mm which was easily the best A/V theater experience I have had. Still holds up well at home on Blu Ray. There is about a 30 minute stretch in the last 1/3 that is about as good as it gets for visuals in a tense action sequence and the score is excellent (as is throughout).

I get some of the complaints but shit like this with space travel (I'll watch/read books much worse) hit big for me and this was particularity well done.

Rausch 11-29-2015 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 11916379)
My love for this movie likely was in a fair part due to seeing at a full size IMAX in 70mm which was easily the best A/V theater experience I have had. Still holds up well at home on Blu Ray. There is about a 30 minute stretch in the last 1/3 that is about as good as it gets for visuals in a tense action sequence and the score is excellent (as is throughout).

I get some of the complaints but shit like this with space travel (I'll watch/read books much worse) hit big for me and this was particularity well done.

I was hooked when they posited the "we need to explore/move on in space to survive."

They lost me when the mission failed.

I do love the "newer" ideas of time/space compression and the the possibility of what happens to information in a black hole...