ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football NFL Player Posts Instagram Photo Showing Police Officer’s Throat Getting Slit (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300813)

petegz28 07-11-2016 06:47 PM

NFL Player Posts Instagram Photo Showing Police Officer’s Throat Getting Slit

NFL Player Posts Instagram Photo Showing Police Officer’s Throat Getting Slit

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/07/...nstagram-post/

CLEVELAND (CBSNewYork) — An NFL player is apologizing for posting a graphic image on Instagram showing a man dressed in all black slitting the throat of a police officer.

Cleveland Browns running back Isaiah Crowell, 23, deleted the image he posted on Instagram showing blood gushing out of the officer’s neck. The image conjures up videos posted by the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria showing the terrorist known as “Jihadi John” beheading American and British victims.

“Mood: They give polices all types of weapons and they continuously choose to kill us…(hashtag)Weak,” the caption read.

The statement continued, “I am outraged and upset by the deaths of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile along with so many others. I am also outraged and saddened by the attacks in Dallas and the deaths of the 5 honorable police officers (Lorne Ahrens, Michael Krol, Michael J. Smith, Brent Thompson, and Patrick Zamarripa) who were providing protection while trying to keep peace. We have to be better as a society, it’s not about color, it’s about what’s right and wrong. I was very wrong in posting that image. Every single life matters, every death as a result of violence should be treated with equal outrage and penalty.”

It is not known if the Browns or the NFL will take action against Crowell over the Instagram post.

The third-year running back led the Browns in rushing last season with 706 yards. Crowell rushed for 1,313 yards and 12 touchdowns his first two seasons.

The Franchise 07-11-2016 06:50 PM

**** that douchebag.

mdchiefsfan 07-11-2016 06:50 PM

People just can't help themselves, can they? Oh, and in before DC...

Spott 07-11-2016 06:51 PM

I'm just glad for once that there's an idiot football player that makes an ass out of himself that didn't go to Mizzou.

Deberg_1990 07-11-2016 06:53 PM

Social media continues to be the downfall of mankind.

KCrockaholic 07-11-2016 06:55 PM

Apologize all you want, dumbass. It's too late now.

mdchiefsfan 07-11-2016 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 12311618)
Apologize all you want, dumbass. It's too late now.

Exactly. His agent probably damn near shat himself and went into full-on recovery mode.

"Delete that shit. Copy and paste this now:

I am outraged and upset by the deaths of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile along with so many others. I am also outraged and saddened by the attacks in Dallas and the deaths of the 5 honorable police officers (Lorne Ahrens, Michael Krol, Michael J. Smith, Brent Thompson, and Patrick Zamarripa) who were providing protection while trying to keep peace. We have to be better as a society, it’s not about color, it’s about what’s right and wrong. I was very wrong in posting that image. Every single life matters, every death as a result of violence should be treated with equal outrage and penalty."

KChiefs1 07-11-2016 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 12311605)
I'm just glad for once that there's an idiot football player that makes an ass out of himself that didn't go to Mizzou.

That is a positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petegz28 07-11-2016 06:59 PM

I'll be beyond shocked of Goodell does nothing

mdchiefsfan 07-11-2016 06:59 PM

This got me wondering, do you guys think agents require the passwords to their clients' social media accounts for such events as this?

mdchiefsfan 07-11-2016 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 12311636)
I'll be beyond shocked of Goodell does nothing

He was hacked! Not his fault.

notorious 07-11-2016 07:04 PM

Well, bye.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-11-2016 07:06 PM

Well, he's depressed over Johnny Football. It's a reasonable reaction.

DaneMcCloud 07-11-2016 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 12311637)
This got me wondering, do you guys think agents require the passwords to their clients' social media accounts for such events as this?

Nah. The agent works for the player, not the other way around.

mdchiefsfan 07-11-2016 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12311652)
Nah. The agent works for the player, not the other way around.

I know. He'd be saving his bacon right about now doing some work for him. Haha.