ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science Cowherd no longer on ESPN air after comments about Dominicans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293562)

suzzer99 07-24-2015 10:31 PM

Cowherd is so ****ing dumb.

seamonster 07-24-2015 10:34 PM

I agree with Cowherd. It's weird how a stat's based "thinking man's" game fields a majority of it's athletes with the education of huckelberry fin or some shit. I'd honestly be surprised if 1/3 of baseball players even knew who huckleberry fin was or could describe what the standard deviation of a set of data means. very ironic. Doesn't mean that baseball isn't still a game of numbers and precision but it speaks to the reality of third world athletes.

alanm 07-24-2015 10:58 PM

I swear the men working for the media on the east and west coast are the biggest ****ing pansies being led around by women with their balls in a purse. :shake:

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-24-2015 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11616692)
Cowherd is fantastic. Hamas would probably be better but Hamas is great at everything

Given you two have the exact same argumentative style (invent a false narrative and throw shit at the wall), it's not surprising you'd fawn over him.

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-24-2015 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonster (Post 11616844)
I agree with Cowherd. It's weird how a stat's based "thinking man's" game fields a majority of it's athletes with the education of huckelberry fin or some shit. I'd honestly be surprised if 1/3 of baseball players even knew who huckleberry fin was or could describe what the standard deviation of a set of data means. very ironic. Doesn't mean that baseball isn't still a game of numbers and precision but it speaks to the reality of third world athletes.

His general premise can be right and he can still present it like a ****ing moron. It happens on here every day.

Bufkin 07-25-2015 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11616581)
People are so ****ing sensitive lmao. Is what he said not true?

That's the great part. Everything he said is 110 percent true.

Superbowltrashcan 07-25-2015 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonster (Post 11616844)

So what percentage of baseball players do you suppose can correctly spell "Huckelberry Fin"?

wazu 07-25-2015 12:40 AM

Major overreaction to this. You have to want to believe he is a racist to walk away being offended. And I'm sure many want to believe that so it was a feeding frenzy.

listopencil 07-25-2015 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 11616939)
Major overreaction to this. You have to want to believe he is a racist to walk away being offended. And I'm sure many want to believe that so it was a feeding frenzy.

Meh. He's a mediocre (at best) talking head that was supported by a shitty network.

wazu 07-25-2015 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 11616948)
Meh. He's a mediocre (at best) talking head that was supported by a shitty network.

Agreed. That doesn't make him a bigot, though. Fire him cause people don't tune in, not for some farcical interpretation of his comments.

vailpass 07-25-2015 01:10 AM

Dude's made bank over taking outrageous controversial positions which generate huge responses which lead to sponsor $, engaging in faux dialectic with those that disagree and laughing internally at those who agree with positions he doesn't actually support. I'm not a fan but I doff my fedora...

ChiTown 07-25-2015 01:18 AM

When you are a douche bag and constantly make douche bag comments, you're eventually gonna get canned. He was already on borrowed time, IMO.

suzzer99 07-25-2015 01:44 AM

Are there really people at Chiefsplanet who think Cowherd is anything other than an old school moron? The guy doesn't believe in stats ffs.

WhitiE 07-25-2015 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 11616662)
Mike and Mike is by far the worst and most annoying thing I've ever heard in my life. I'd rather watch Michael Moore give Rush Limbaugh a blowjob while fingering Bill O'Reilly's asshole than listen to 15 seconds of those douchebag blowhards' fake arguments. Seriously **** those guys.

I used to watch/listen, I cant do it anymore.

Gonzo 07-25-2015 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 11616662)
Mike and Mike is by far the worst and most annoying thing I've ever heard in my life. I'd rather watch Michael Moore give Rush Limbaugh a blowjob while fingering Bill O'Reilly's asshole than listen to 15 seconds of those douchebag blowhards' fake arguments. Seriously **** those guys.

LMAO
****ing this...

I hate Mike and Mike. As a matter of fact, all sports radio is shit now but M&M is the worst. Commercials every 10 minutes for **** sake. Fake, scripted arguments. Drives me nuts and all they talk about are the ****ing Patriots and Jets.