ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science Cowherd no longer on ESPN air after comments about Dominicans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293562)

Pasta Little Brioni 07-24-2015 07:52 PM

Don't have an opinion!!!

cabletech94 07-24-2015 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11616606)
Seriously. Thin skin America

and that's the problem. we're such a sue-happy, pussy-willed society anymore. theres no one to hold responsible for their actions. we take away the belt, and give everyone a participaction ribbon.

/not trying to move to the DC

bdj23 07-24-2015 07:55 PM

Should have tried to pin it on Skip Bayless

Marcellus 07-24-2015 08:08 PM

I heard the comments when he made them and I didn't realize it was going to offend anyone because i kept thinking this ****ing idiot doesn't get it.

The gist of his argument was everyone says baseball is a thinking mans game, yet fewer MLB players have a degree than any of the big 3 professional sports so that proves its bullshit.

I was thinking the whole time that the ****ing idiot didn't get it, college education has nothing to do with understanding the nuances and intricacy of baseball.

The Thinking Mans Game thing may be kind of overblown but JFC does anyone think basketball is a sport influenced by education?

Has Cowherd ever heard half the running backs or WR in the the NFL speak to the media?

He should have been fired for his theory being so ****ing stupid not his comments toward Dominicans.

Mr. Laz 07-24-2015 08:16 PM

Cowherd is a dick.

I remember him saying something like "Royals might be in the world series but they are still in flyover country. I'm not talking about them"

**** that POS, i hope his career is over

MTG#10 07-24-2015 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 11616589)

Okay, Mike & Mike is okay, but certainly not must hear radio.

Mike and Mike is by far the worst and most annoying thing I've ever heard in my life. I'd rather watch Michael Moore give Rush Limbaugh a blowjob while fingering Bill O'Reilly's asshole than listen to 15 seconds of those douchebag blowhards' fake arguments. Seriously **** those guys.

Anyong Bluth 07-24-2015 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 11616662)
Mike and Mike is by far the worst and most annoying thing I've ever heard in my life. I'd rather watch Michael Moore give Rush Limbaugh a blowjob while fingering Bill O'Reilly's asshole than listen to 15 seconds of those douchebag blowhards' fake arguments. Seriously **** those guys.

Okay? I haven't heard them in at least a year and a half, so I'll accept your impassioned opinion.

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-24-2015 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 11616645)
I heard the comments when he made them and I didn't realize it was going to offend anyone because i kept thinking this ****ing idiot doesn't get it.

The gist of his argument was everyone says baseball is a thinking mans game, yet fewer MLB players have a degree than any of the big 3 professional sports so that proves its bullshit.

I was thinking the whole time that the ****ing idiot didn't get it, college education has nothing to do with understanding the nuances and intricacy of baseball.

The Thinking Mans Game thing may be kind of overblown but JFC does anyone think basketball is a sport influenced by education?

Has Cowherd ever heard half the running backs or WR in the the NFL speak to the media?

He should have been fired for his theory being so ****ing stupid not his comments toward Dominicans.

Which is basically to say that he's being himself. Cowherd has said stupid, uninformed shit like this for years and passed it off as truth. You could sit down and listen and the logical fallacies would spin faster than an odometer on a spacecraft.

Hootie 07-24-2015 08:39 PM

Cowherd is fantastic. Hamas would probably be better but Hamas is great at everything

ModSocks 07-24-2015 08:49 PM

Is anyone even upset over this? Seems like it's media generated drama.

Buehler445 07-24-2015 08:50 PM

A few random thoughts

Totally disagree with his premise. The fact that very little of the sport is determined by who has the greatest athletic ability is far stronger evidence against his case than anything he spit out.

Come on. He didn't say anything that damn offensive. Tuck in your flaps and get back on the field. JFC.

It's pretty low class that ESPN played off Cowherd not renewing his contract as them firing him for this offense. Bad form. Way to pander to the torch and pitchfork crowd.

l4z4rd 07-24-2015 08:51 PM

Perfect excuse for ESPN to fire Cowherd after he announced he was leaving, otherwise, they would have just suspended him for a week or two. As for his comments, baseball isn't complicated and the Dominican Republic is perennially in the bottom third in UNESCO's Education For All Development Index.

Red Dawg 07-24-2015 10:09 PM

He spoke the truth. The DR is trash and good for partying and hitting on some good looking chicks.

tk13 07-24-2015 10:15 PM

I don't care what everyone says, it's still a stupid argument. Most pro athletes aren't out there splitting the atom. I would imagine baseball has by far the lowest number of college degrees because it has the best system to develop players straight out of high school.

Baseball is a very complex game. I think most sports are more complex than people give credit for though. There's always tons of little nuances the average fan doesn't really care about.

Anyong Bluth 07-24-2015 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 11616814)
He spoke the truth. The DR is trash and good for partying and hitting on some good looking chicks.

That is what his apology statement should have been.