ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Should the Chiefs have drafted Flacco over Dorsey? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=197593)

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8946401)
Dane, I get it. Trolling is fun for you. It is kind of fun every once in a while, I won't lie.

Just shut the **** up, you ****ing moron.

The Giants, Packers, Cardinals and Colts were amongst the worst ranked defenses in the ****ing league (31 for the Packers, Giants and Cards). That didn't stop any of those teams from making the playoffs or getting to the Super Bowl.

You're talking out of your ass because you refuse to acknowledge the facts. Either that, or you unaware of the facts, which makes you look even dumber.

The bottom line is that you have no ****ing clue and shouldn't be involved in a conversation in which you're so unbelievably clueless.

****ing moron.

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8946404)
Give me a 1st round QB and a top 10 defense and I would be happy...

Who wouldn't?

How many Super Bowls in the last decade have been won by teams with a top 10 defense and a franchise QB?

Red Dawg 09-24-2012 03:17 PM

Hell yes they should have.

Tribal Warfare 09-24-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8946419)
Who wouldn't?

How many Super Bowls in the last decade have been won by teams with a top 10 defense and a franchise QB?

or even a top 15 to 20

Reerun_KC 09-24-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8946419)
Who wouldn't?

Not many....

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8946379)
why don;t you tell me how I'm wrong?

Because it's clear that you're talking out of your stoned ass.

You stated that I "failed" because I said defense doesn't win championships anymore. If that's the case, why have recent Super Bowl winners had defenses in the bottom third of the league? Hell, the Packers were 31st!

Explain it, you drooling Mongo.

Chiefaholic 09-24-2012 03:57 PM

Looks like Dane is back to his old self again....

To win today you need BOTH a franchise quarterback AND a solid defense. Look at the Pack last year or the Chiefs during the Green / Holmes era. Both teams scored points on damn near every drive. However, neither team could stop the opponent either. Both the Pack of last year and the Chiefs of the Vermeil era were exploited in the playoffs when they had to play a team with a legitimate defense. Who gives a rats ass if you can score 35 points a game when the opponent scores 40? Had the Saints had a defense yesterday, they would have trounced the Chiefs.

Skyy God 09-24-2012 04:01 PM

This has shaped up to be as lopsided as whether you should stick your d**k in a car door or supermodel.

Ming the Merciless 09-24-2012 04:02 PM

Looking back on it , Sure.....it wouldve been a viable way to go...

But its not like a 2nd round pick was way too much for a shot at a QB....They swung the bat on Cassel, and missed...

I wasn't here for the draft that season but was there THAT many people saying we should get Flacco? I don't feel like searching the forum..LOL....

Would probably be better off with Flacco than Cassel at this point , I will say...although I dunno if I wouldve thought that a couple seasons ago...

edit: AND, I don't know if he is a franchise caliber guy STILL....isn't he more of a game manager/defense/run offense type of system QB?

Ace Gunner 09-24-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8945963)
A good QB beats a good defense. But keep being the idiot you are.

Tom Brady called he said you're a ****ing fool to say Eli is better than he is. He also wants you to know he lost the ****ing championship game to the NYG defense, not Eli.

Jeesh. Some ppl are dense as hell.

KCTitus 09-24-2012 04:15 PM

I think the Chiefs should have drafted Brady over Darnell Alford...dammit Carl!

Bump 09-24-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8946417)
Just shut the **** up, you ****ing moron.

The Giants, Packers, Cardinals and Colts were amongst the worst ranked defenses in the ****ing league (31 for the Packers, Giants and Cards). That didn't stop any of those teams from making the playoffs or getting to the Super Bowl.

You're talking out of your ass because you refuse to acknowledge the facts. Either that, or you unaware of the facts, which makes you look even dumber.

The bottom line is that you have no ****ing clue and shouldn't be involved in a conversation in which you're so unbelievably clueless.

****ing moron.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...4/images-1.jpg

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefaholic (Post 8946511)
Looks like Dane is back to his old self again....

How so? This tool called me out but couldn't back up his argument. End of story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefaholic (Post 8946511)
To win today you need BOTH a franchise quarterback AND a solid defense. Look at the Pack last year or the Chiefs during the Green / Holmes era. Both teams scored points on damn near every drive. However, neither team could stop the opponent either. Both the Pack of last year and the Chiefs of the Vermeil era were exploited in the playoffs when they had to play a team with a legitimate defense. Who gives a rats ass if you can score 35 points a game when the opponent scores 40? Had the Saints had a defense yesterday, they would have trounced the Chiefs.

Wrong. The Cardinals of 2008 had the 31st ranked defense and were two minutes from a Super Bowl victory. The Packers had the 31st ranked defense and won the Super Bowl. The Giants and Pats were ranked in the bottom five last year and the Giants won the Super Bowl.

The old adage that "Defense wins Championships" no longer applies. The rules have been changed over the past ten years to where it's required that you have a Franchise QB or stay home.

Having a great defense means absolutely nothing if you don't have a Franchise QB.

Bump 09-24-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8946861)
How so? This tool called me out but couldn't back up his argument. End of story.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...gifs/GLgxq.gif

ShowtimeSBMVP 09-30-2012 03:38 PM

Funny how Dorsey replacement already has 2 sacks in one game while Dorsey hasn't generated anything