ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Best way to go about selling Blu-Rays / DVDs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268010)

Buck 12-24-2012 07:52 PM

Best way to go about selling Blu-Rays / DVDs?

I had a bad habit of buying DVDs and Blu-Rays and never even watching them. I only have a select few I want to keep and have around 150 or so I want to sell.

Among these are about 20-30 Criterion movies.

Do you think the Criterions I should sell as a lot or individually?

Is Craigslist my best option or is ebay better?

If anyone has sold their collection of DVDs before, I'd appreciate the help.

SAUTO 12-24-2012 08:38 PM

Chuck them down the road. About all they are worth.

I got nuthin
Posted via Mobile Device

lewdog 12-24-2012 10:50 PM

I would be willing to see what you have and maybe buy a few of them. You could PM some titles if you like.

Buck 12-24-2012 10:58 PM

Here is a list of the Criterion ones (these will actually bring me some decent money).

lewdog, I can take pictures of the rest and throw them up tomorrow.

Seven Samurai Blu-Ray
Walkabout Blu-Ray
Robocop DVD
M Blu-Ray (unopened)
The Wages of Fear Blu-Ray
Yojimbo and Sanjuro Blu-Ray (unopened)
For All Mankind Blu-Ray
Rushmore DVD
Chasing Amy DVD
Black Narcissus Blu-Ray
The Life Aquatic DVD
Life and Death of Colonel Blimp DVD (unopened)
8 1/2 Blu-Ray
Dazed and Confused DVD
Bottle Rocket Blu-Ray
In the Realm of Senses Blu-Ray
Benjamin Button Blu-Ray (unopened, the blu-ray packaging looks like a regular blu-ray for some reason and not the rest of the Criterion ones, I bought this straight off amazon)
Paris, Texas Blu-Ray (unopened)
Revanche Blu-Ray
The Thin Red Line Blu-Ray
Paths of Glory Blu-Ray (unopened)
House Blu-Ray (unopened)
The Darjeeling Limited Blu-Ray
Charlie Chaplain Modern Times Blu-Ray (unopened)
America Lost and Found: The BBS Story Blu-ray (unopened; Head; Easy Rider; Five Easy Pieces; Drive, He Said; A Safe Place; The Last Picture Show; The King of Marvin Gardens)
Broadcast News Blu-Ray

lewdog 12-24-2012 11:01 PM

Sounds good. I will look with the girlfriend tomorrow.

What does Criterion mean? I am none geek.

Buck 12-24-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9239622)
Sounds good. I will look with the girlfriend tomorrow.

What does Criterion mean? I am none geek.

They are usually movies that don't get funded to go on DVD by major studios or something.

Criterion is a company that does that and they print very short runs of the DVD and include a shit ton of Extras.

lewdog 12-24-2012 11:04 PM

I just looked some up on Amazon and those are pretty expensive. I am cheap so I might be out on those ones except for Life Aquatic. I ****ing love that movie.

dmahurin 12-24-2012 11:10 PM

I've bought about 150 blu rsys off of eBay. The way most people buy on there is on small lots of 3-7 movies based around a genre. I spent on average around 4 or 5 bucks per movie in lots like that.

Buck 12-24-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 9239641)
I've bought about 150 blu rsys off of eBay. The way most people buy on there is on small lots of 3-7 movies based around a genre. I spent on average around 4 or 5 bucks per movie in lots like that.

Cool, I'll probably do that then.

kcxiv 12-25-2012 04:26 AM

ooh Dazed and Confused. Classic, movie came out when i got finished with High School. I think 95?

My bad sept of 93. i was a Senior

lewdog 12-25-2012 08:05 AM

Let me know some of the rest that you have and I would definitely be down for buying a small lot of movies.

phisherman 12-25-2012 08:17 AM

I'd love to get the Robocop and For All Mankind from you unless you're going to eBay all of them.

Fire Me Boy! 12-25-2012 08:19 AM

Please do not Craigslist or eBay them until you've given the folks here a run at 'em! :D

I'll go through your list today and let you know what I might be interested in.

Fire Me Boy! 12-25-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9240107)
Let me know some of the rest that you have and I would definitely be down for buying a small lot of movies.

Agreed with this. Set up a list... maybe on a Google doc or something.

Fire Me Boy! 12-25-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9239626)
They are usually movies that don't get funded to go on DVD by major studios or something.

Criterion is a company that does that and they print very short runs of the DVD and include a shit ton of Extras.

Not true. Criterion focuses on what they consider important and/or groundbreaking movies, or what they say are "the defining moments of cinema" or something like that. They do amazing transfers and generally have incredible extra features.

That said, they have a love affair with Wes Anderson (seriously, WTF?), and occasionally come out with strange releases (Armageddon? The Rock? Seriously, WTF?).