ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ***Official 2012-13 Mizzou football repository thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256647)

ChiTown 12-14-2012 12:52 PM

Jamone Boyd to the Cats - probably a sign and place

Saul Good 12-14-2012 01:26 PM

Royce Boehm, Ramirez's coach, confirmed that Mizzou pulled their offer to Nick.

Dr. Gigglepants 12-14-2012 01:38 PM

Wow, can't believe Boyd still got to go somewhere after that shit a couple weeks ago. And the fact that Ramirez tied his sail to that ship tells me something.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saul Good 12-14-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 9208035)
Wow, can't believe Boyd still got to go somewhere after that shit a couple weeks ago. And the fact that Ramirez tied his sail to that ship tells me something.
Posted via Mobile Device

Boyd will sign and place. I don't think he ever playsa down for KSU. KSU was the only offer Ramirez had left according to Boehm.

Pepe Silvia 12-14-2012 03:03 PM

Its time for Pinkel to go, the program has been crumbling under him for some time now. If Missouri wants any chance to compete in the SEC it will have to be with a better coach. I know Pinkel brought the program up but when you think about it anyone he beat he was supposed to beat. His record in big games is abysmal and now he has a big game almost every week. Its time for the school to move on, its for the best.

kepp 12-14-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 9208405)
Its time for Pinkel to go, the program has been crumbling under him for some time now. If Missouri wants any chance to compete in the SEC it will have to be with a better coach. I know Pinkel brought the program up but when you think about it anyone he beat he was supposed to beat. His record in big games is abysmal and now he has a big game almost every week. Its time for the school to move on, its for the best.

I agree, but he'll get this year as a grace period due to staff changes. We'll see what happens after next season.

duncan_idaho 12-14-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

And that will happen next year, if he doesn't turn it around.

Best outcome probably would have been Pinkel deciding to retire now, but that didn't happen. And honestly, trying to swim through the available coaching ranks this year against some of the competition would have been tough.

When Pinkel decided he wanted to come back, it put Alden in a tough situation. I'm not Alden's biggest fan, traditionally, but I agree with the decision to give Pinkel a chance to fix it. That is going to pay off when Alden is hiring Pinkel's replacement.

Alden's next hire will be incredibly critical. Pinkel is the best coach Missouri has had in 50 years (2001-current vs. 1959-1969 from Dan Devine). This is not, despite many thoughts, an easy job. The honest fact is that, no matter what, Missouri is ALWAYS going to be staring up at Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Texas A&M and Tennessee when it comes to facilities, money in the program, etc. It currently is staring up at South Carolina and Arkansas, too.

This is the 8th-10th best job in a 14-team league, with upside that tops out at 7th or 8th best. To be more than what Pinkel was able to achieve prior to this year - consistent top 25-30 program (not talking about poll rankings - talking about wins, consistency, etc) - Missouri is going to need a truly elite coach. Those aren't exactly growing on trees.

I think it's easy to criticize Pinkel (something that he has made easier in the past year - honestly, I think he's lost some fire, some edge). But I think it's also easy to lose perspective and just think of him as an incompetent dummy.

I'm not saying this to excuse or apologize for Pinkel. His staff is at a crossroads and has a big hill to climb to prove it can turn it around (especially if he stays internal for the OC position).

I'm saying this because - to get back to my point in the third paragraph - Alden would have been in a tough spot if he forced Pinkel out or fired him after one losing season.

From an outside perspective, to a potential coaching hire, if Pinkel is fired, that's a warning sign. What does Alden say if asked:

"The guy I'd be replacing is the most successful coach at your school in 50 years. He's third on your all time wins list. And you fired him after one bad season that was devastated by injuries. Entering that season, his program had more games than all but a handful of programs.How do I know you won't do the same to me?"

Alden is giving Pinkel a chance to right the ship his way. That's an indicator of a good athletic director. By all indications, Pinkel has called in all his chips and is betting it all on the 2013 season. He's got no markers or political capital left.

He just went all in and got called. He's standing up and turning the cards over. Time will tell if he's holding pocket aces, Ace-Jack suited, a straight draw, or trash.

Pitt Gorilla 12-14-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 9208035)
Posted via Mobile Device

There is zero chance that Boyd can get into a school, even KSU.

WilliamTheIrish 12-14-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9208622)

Manhattan Christian College: Where dreams are made.

Titty Meat 12-14-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9208641)
Manhattan Christian College: Where dreams are made.

Is that the rifle/bible school?

ChiTown 12-14-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9208622)

http://i.cnn.net/si/2003/basketball/...clemons_ap.jpg

Prison Bitch 12-14-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Why should they move on from him? Pinkel was an ardent supporter of the (now disastrous) move to SEC football. It seems odd you'd move on from him a year after he was so instrumental in making such a huge decision for the University.

They need to allow him enough time to prove his viewpoint on the move. 1 year is not enough.

Saul Good 12-14-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9208804)
Why should they move on from him? Pinkel was an ardent supporter of the (now disastrous) move to SEC football. It seems odd you'd move on from him a year after he was so instrumental in making such a huge decision for the University.

They need to allow him enough time to prove his viewpoint on the move. 1 year is not enough.

How was the move disasterous?

Prison Bitch 12-14-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9208828)
How was the move disasterous?

Fair point. 2-6 isn't disastrous by MU standards. I misspoke.

Saul Good 12-14-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9208831)
Fair point. 2-6 isn't disastrous by MU standards. I misspoke.

You seem to be saying that Mizzou going 2-6 is evidence that the SEC move was a bad choice...yet you also claim that the Big 12 is a tougher conference.