ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

Bowser 02-10-2014 02:00 PM

"Joffrey? Joffrey is a wee prick..."

LMAO

Bowser 02-10-2014 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10424906)
Yep. Ariya`s story will hopefully be represented too...

Good call.

Hawk 02-10-2014 02:01 PM

Dany's parts dragged in the books, but if they get the right Daarhio, and play it right on screen, there is some good potential for a doomed love story angle. I'm glad they re-cast Daarhio, hopefully the new guy will put some life into the character and will have some chemistry with Dany.

Seems like we are going to get well into book 5 for Dany's story, which is good so that the next season can cover the last part of her story from book 5 which is where it finally starts to get good again. The prereleased Barristan chapters from book 6 have me finally excited again about that part of the story in the books.

duncan_idaho 02-10-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10424913)
"Joffrey? Joffrey is a wee prick..."

LMAO

Rory McCann is awesome.

duncan_idaho 02-10-2014 04:34 PM

Did some rumor gathering on the internet today... from what I can gather, Winds of Winter is currently a 1000 page+ manuscript that has reached editing stages.

Who knows how long it takes from there..

vailpass 02-10-2014 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10425358)
Did some rumor gathering on the internet today... from what I can gather, Winds of Winter is currently a 1000 page+ manuscript that has reached editing stages.

Who knows how long it takes from there..

I don't know but grrm needs to be chained in the dungeon until he finishes the entire series.. this is starting to feel like Wheel of Time

Hawk 02-10-2014 04:46 PM

I fully expect a summer 2015 release for WoW, but if they could get it out in time for Christmas this year, sales would be HUGE. Unlikely I think.

I also think they may have to split book 6 into two seasons like they did book 3, which would give him more time to finish book 7 before the show catches up. What could get interesting is if you end up with them filming stuff from book 7 before it is even released. That seems like a real possibility, though I assume HBO would wait to air it until after book 7 gets released. A lot of early spoilers could come out on the net if they have to do that.

Hawk 02-10-2014 04:54 PM

Anyone notice Jaime fighting Bronn in the clip? I think Bronn is going to take over the role that Ilyan Payne had in the books of helping Jaime learn to fight left handed. I think that is a fantastic choice by the writers. Bronn and Jaime trading barbs should be fun TV, and more Bronn is always good on the show.

vailpass 02-10-2014 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 10425413)
Anyone notice Jaime fighting Bronn in the clip? I think Bronn is going to take over the role that Ilyan Payne had in the books of helping Jaime learn to fight left handed. I think that is a fantastic choice by the writers. Bronn and Jaime trading barbs should be fun TV, and more Bronn is always good on the show.

Bronn is funny as hell...

BigRedChief 02-10-2014 06:28 PM

Quote:

Yes, that would be a good break from the book. Bronn and Jamie talking smack and training together. Possibly some great scenes.

Sorter 02-11-2014 09:06 PM

Quote:

I believe that got confirmed a while back, not entirely sure.

Reasoning IIRC were due to Johnson's illness and how viewers love Bronn.

It'll be interesting to see if they alter Bronn's upcoming developments with Tyrion (I doubt it).

Jerm 02-12-2014 05:23 AM

So over the past week and a half or so, I've powered through the first 3 seasons of this show and it is easily my favorite show on TV right and hordes over any show going...Jesus I wish I would've watched this from the start.

The writing is top notch and the thing I love the most is the unpredictability....a lot of shows tease it but GoT really does deliver on that front, NO ONE is safe and you never know what the hell is going to happen.

I cannot wait for April.

Oh and I have to admit...The Red Wedding was probably the most shocking and impactful scene I have ever witnessed in any television program, I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

AndChiefs 02-12-2014 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 10428900)
So over the past week and a half or so, I've powered through the first 3 seasons of this show and it is easily my favorite show on TV right and hordes over any show going...Jesus I wish I would've watched this from the start.

The writing is top notch and the thing I love the most is the unpredictability....a lot of shows tease it but GoT really does deliver on that front, NO ONE is safe and you never know what the hell is going to happen.

I cannot wait for April.

Oh and I have to admit...The Red Wedding was probably the most shocking and impactful scene I have ever witnessed in any television program, I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

Just so you know, even though you're caught up on the show you still might want to stay in the non-spoiler thread. We do talk about upcoming events in here and wouldn't want to spoil any thing for you.

Hawk 02-12-2014 08:42 AM

Quote:

I cannot wait for April.

Awesome! The Red Wedding was a total shocker for me when reading the books. It's always fun to see people's reactions when they first see or read it. The reaction on the internet and twitter when it first aired last season was great, as was the reaction in season one when they killed off Ned Stark.

All I will say is that you should stay off this thread until at least the end of the upcoming season because there is a lot of great stuff that happens in the last 1/2 of book 3, and it should all get covered this season. You don't want to have it spoiled for you on a thread like this where people are free to discuss all five books. For your own viewing pleasure, I'd strongly suggest you stay in the no-spoiler thread instead where people only discuss what has been shown on TV so far.

Either that or pick up book 3 and read it. One of the best books I have ever read and certainly the high water mark of the 5 books so far. The whole book is good (love the scene when Dany burns the slavers and takes her army of Unsullied), but the last half of it starting with the Red Wedding is frickin awesome.

duncan_idaho 02-12-2014 08:44 AM

Quote:

I cannot wait for April.

The death of Robb's wife was especially well done and set up. It was emotionally impactful because:

1) It was devastating. We'd seen her and Robb being all lovey-dovey about it, and Robb even was told she wanted to name it after his father. Heart strings played.

2) It was unpredictable, even for a book fan. Since this was not part of RW in the book, book fans were let wondering if she was going to die with the rest or if she was part of the betrayal.

3) It seemingly ended a hopeful thread many were clinging to (that Jeyne Stark was actually pregnant with Robb's heir and secreted somewhere).