ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The Official NEW new new conference realignment & shit talk thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278522)

Saul Good 12-04-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10247699)
huh? Baylor-Oklahoma State was higher than both. You're focusing on the wrong games.

Yeah. It almost got half the Alabama aTm rating...but this conversation is about Texas no longer being the main event in Texas college football.

Bambi 12-04-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10247580)
Texas' highest rated game only rated higher than the lowest rated Texas A&M game? That is pretty surprising.

Texas-KSU was a 3.5

Not sure why SG is leaving out numbers in his post.

Bambi 12-04-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10247706)
Yeah. It almost got half the Alabama aTm rating...but this conversation is about Texas no longer being the main event in Texas college football.

They are. Everyone on this board and around America only watches A&M because of Johnny Longhorn.

eazyb81 12-04-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10247715)
They are. Everyone on this board and around America only watches A&M because of Johnny Longhorn.

Why does no one watch the whorns? Those are putrid TV ratings for the Big 12's premier program.

Saul Good 12-04-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

That's interesting. I wonder why the ratings fluctuate, then. Did he not play in every one of their games?

The Johnny Longhorn thing is kind of funny...but not for the reason you intended. He wanted to play QB at Texas, but they wanted him to play Safety, so he went to aTm. Back when he was recruited, Texas was still the biggest show in town. With all of their resources and power, they weren't smart enough to identify the best QB ever to play college football. Oops...glad we aren't in the conference they are running anymore. Mostly, they're just running it into the ground.

eazyb81 12-04-2013 12:32 PM

Full list of TV ratings for each program here:

http://www.goodbullhunting.com/2013/...as-am-missouri

Mizzou was 21st in the country.

Big 12 had the worst TV ratings of any power conference.

LMAO

WhawhaWhat 12-04-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 10247784)
Full list of TV ratings for each program here:

http://www.goodbullhunting.com/2013/...as-am-missouri

Mizzou was 21st in the country.

Big 12 had the worst TV ratings of any power conference.

LMAO

Have we checked with Sagarin about this?

Saul Good 12-04-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 10247759)
Why does no one watch the whorns? Those are putrid TV ratings for the Big 12's premier program.

It takes a lot of ineptitude to achieve this level of a fall from relevancy.

Rather than buy into the idea of a conference network, they decided to go rogue. In so doing, they drove four original members out of the conference with the LHN being the final straw. They also put three games on a channel that next to nobody has...even in Texas, effectively blacking out a quarter of their games.

Since then, aTm has captured the casual fans in Texas with JFF winning the Heisman. Nebraska fans watched their team win their division in the B1G. The 16,000,000 eyeballs in Missouri couldn't care less about a mediocre Texas team when their team is tearing it up in the SEC.

Meanwhile, the Horns kicked off the season with blowout losses to BYU and Ole Miss. (Word to the wise: when you're trying to convince the country that your conference is a comparable product to the SEC, don't have your flagship program get blown out...at home, no less...to a perennial SEC doormat...and then let that flagship team turn around and go 7-1 in conference...with a backup QB...and after replacing their DC midseason with a guy who hadn't coached anything in years.)

But wait...there's more. They decided to replace their aTm rivalry game with a matchup on Thanksgiving...against...wait for it...TCU. When I think of people in the Lone Star State watching football on Thanksgiving, I think TCU. Who's with me? Suffice it to say, it...did not go well.

You know the Big 12 is in trouble when the highest rated game of the conference season involves teams from Texas and Oklahoma...and involves neither the Longhorns nor the Sooners.

Saul Good 12-04-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10247712)
Texas-KSU was a 3.5

Not sure why SG is leaving out numbers in his post.

I also left out their 0.0 against NMSU. I think the point still stands.

Prison Bitch 12-04-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Guilty as charged, I dvrd one MU game and it was Johnny Reb. As I zipped through it seemed like they never had possession

Saul Good 12-04-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10247859)
Guilty as charged, I dvrd one MU game and it was Johnny Reb. As I zipped through it seemed like they never had possession

Kansas fans...DVRing a Mizzou game against aTm...to watch a guy that Texas wouldn't let play QB. There you go.

I wonder how many Big 12 games Georgia fans DVRd. (Just kidding...everyone knows the answer is zero. Nobody watches Big 12 games live. They sure as hell don't record them to watch again later.)

Prison Bitch 12-04-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10247913)
Kansas fans...DVRing a Mizzou game against aTm...to watch a guy that Texas wouldn't let play QB. There you go.

I wonder how many Big 12 games Georgia fans DVRd. (Just kidding...everyone knows the answer is zero. Nobody watches Big 12 games live. They sure as hell don't record them to watch again later.)

I didn't watch many Big 12 games either, I had your daily recaps to go off. And the actual data to correct all your hilariously awful narratives.

Bambi 12-04-2013 01:45 PM

How on Earth does the Big 12 keep landing massive network deals when no one watches the games?

It's insanity I tell you.

Bambi 12-04-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10247978)
I didn't watch many Big 12 games either, I had your daily recaps to go off. And the actual data to correct all your hilariously awful narratives.

UT is a has been!

BTW- ouch mizzou

http://s.wsj.net/public/resources/im...0106200910.jpg

Saul Good 12-04-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10247978)
I didn't watch many Big 12 games either

Nobody did, it would seem.