ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Chiefs are taking Geno #1; bank on it (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270750)

HemiEd 03-05-2013 11:29 AM

I will gladly admit I was wrong if they do end up picking a QB #1, hopefully Geno Smith. I think yesterday made that possibility much stronger.

The Alex Smith trade just looked like the same old crap, just a different year with different management. If they don't take one in the first round, even trading down, well then it is the same old crap.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-05-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9466902)
You guys are going to ****ing explode all over the place again when they inevitably don't draft him. And after the last time, I fully expect actual suicides to take place.

I am trying to save lives.

Gabbert is the only "Sherrif" in town in Jax next year....bank on it.

The Franchise 03-05-2013 11:30 AM

Free Agency is going to tell us a lot. If they sign a CB and a DE like Canty.......then either trading down or QB are the only logical moves.

B14ckmon 03-05-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9466908)
Have fun with Gabbert next year. But hey, at least you will be in the running for Clowney. So you have that to look forward to....

Have fun with the older version of Gabbert next year. But hey, at least you will be in the running for a 3rd/4th ranked QB next year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9466912)
Gabbert is the only "Sherrif" in town in Jax next year....bank on it.

I agree. We just drafted him two years ago. I have never denied this.

CoMoChief 03-05-2013 11:31 AM

If we do, it makes the Alex Smith trade look absolutely and completely foolish

tony77 03-05-2013 11:31 AM

Makes perfect sense. Same thing Dorsey and the front office did with gb in taking rodgers.

loochy 03-05-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9466916)

THAT is what makes the Alex Smith trade look foolish?

B14ckmon 03-05-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Which is why it will never happen. Who gives up potentially two second round picks to trade for a guy making 9 million, and then drafts a QB #1 overall lol

Pasta Little Brioni 03-05-2013 11:32 AM

Chief fans:

Spending multiple Top 10 picks on 3-4 lineman and a 1-1 ILB....A OK!!!
Spending a 1st and 2nd on the QB position...**** NO TOOS RISKY!!!

B14ckmon 03-05-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony77 (Post 9466919)
Makes perfect sense. Same thing Dorsey and the front office did with gb in taking rodgers.

Not even remotely close. Anyone who is trying to make that connection is ****ing dumb. Favre was ALREADY ON THE TEAM and aging when they took Rodgers with their own pick.

Alex Smith was traded for this same year Geno is in the draft, and is not in his 30s yet.

petegz28 03-05-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9466887)
It changes quickly based on the information at hand. After we paid for Alex, we thought (along with a lot of others) that they were going to let Albert walk and draft a LT. That changed yesterday.

No, it's based on emotion and no one here has any patience. Remember how Clark "lied" to us because Pioli was traveling with him to interview new coaches?

And as I said the day we signed Smith, until we saw what happened with Albert there was still a good chance we were going to draft a QB and not an LT but everyone was convinced otherwise instead of just wating a little to see how things panned out.

FFS, Dane started a thread on Sunday polling people on should we fire Dorsey\Reid because they had not done anything with Bowe or Albert.

Fat Elvis 03-05-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9466907)
Arent you the same one who told us to "bank" on the Chiefs selecting Manuel #1? LMAO

Technically, no. I said, "I'm calling it now: EJ Manuel will be the #1 pick by the Chiefs"

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...ghlight=manuel

I'm changing my tune a bit. Geno had a better combine than I expected and Manuel didn't distance himself physically from the pack like I expected. If you don't ever change your mind on someone during draft season, you either don't pay attention or you are stubborn to a fault.

Chiefnj2 03-05-2013 11:34 AM

Taking a QB #1 in the draft immediately creates a QB controversy. QB controversies are a PIA for coaches and create problems at every step.

I know yesterday's moves got people excited, but they were no-brainers for a team in a win-now mode. Keeping the teams only WR and best OL isn't really rocket science.

Win now = taking a player that can help the team get to that magical 8 win season that KC fans love so much.

petegz28 03-05-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

No, it doesn't. Just because you draft a QB at #1 doesn't mean he has to start right away. Then again they may draft a QB lower as well but same thing applies.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-05-2013 11:37 AM

We've also spent picks in round 1,2,2,3,3, bookoo FA bucks (Winston) on the OL yet morons still want Jekyll at one over using a 1 and a 2 on the QB position.