ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals Official 2017 STL Cardinals Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305574)

BigRedChief 01-27-2017 08:06 PM

Official 2017 STL Cardinals Thread

My as well get it started. Here's my "Matheny" lineup.....

Fowler CF
Diaz SS
Carpenter 1B
Piscotty RF
Grichuk LF
Molina C
Peralta 3B
Wong 2B
Pitcher

My "Matheny" Starting rotation

Martinez
Reyes
Wainwright
Lynn
Leake

TribalElder 01-27-2017 08:14 PM

In

Pasta Little Brioni 01-27-2017 08:44 PM

Let's sink this ship and start over without the bozo GM and manager fellas

BigRedChief 01-27-2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12713312)
Let's sink this ship and start over without the bozo GM and manager fellas

Not happening without Matheny losing the locker room, a losing season and attendance dropping.

I hate Matheny in game management, use of relief pitchers and not giving our young players the same chance as the new to the team vets. He needs to go.

I'm still on board the Mo train. He has done some bone headed moves but overalll, he has done a good job.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-27-2017 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 12713343)
Not happening without Matheny losing the locker room, losing season and attendance dropping.

I hate Matheny in game management, use of relief pitchers and not giving our young players the same chance as the new to the team vets. He needs to go.

I'm still on board the Mo train. He has done some bone headed moves but overalll, he has done a good job.

Well let's hope for 60 wins then

BigRedChief 01-27-2017 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12713344)
Well let's hope for 60 wins then

When's the last time we had a losing season?

Prison Bitch 01-27-2017 09:45 PM

86 wins

Pasta Little Brioni 01-28-2017 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12713403)
86 wins

Ceiling for KC? Ouch

O.city 01-28-2017 10:13 AM

I'm not excited to watch peralta at 3rd all year

seclark 01-28-2017 01:52 PM

wbf
sec

BigRedChief 01-28-2017 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12713863)
I'm not excited to watch peralta at 3rd all year

yeah, me either. The trade and FA market was either overpriced or no better than we already have. Everyone wanted Martinez or Reyes just as a starting point on trades. When we can compete in the playoffs again, we must have those two on our team to compete.

I'm assuming that they are hoping that Peralta or Gryko can play 3B all season long. Or maybe Matt Adams steps it up this year and they slide Carp over to 3B.

Easy 6 01-28-2017 04:49 PM

Oh God, you insufferable Cradinal fans are back already

Ya'll are the worst, you're like the patriots or steelers fans of MLB

:bolt:

scho63 01-28-2017 06:51 PM

I'm not expecting a great season from our Pirates this year. Maybe .500 ?

kccrow 01-28-2017 07:05 PM

Screw the Cardinals. :P

Chief Roundup 01-28-2017 07:30 PM

Shitbag Royal fans are the worst fans in the league. They just wish they had an organization half as good as the Cardinals.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Pasta Little Brioni 01-28-2017 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 12714656)
Shitbag Royal fans are the worst fans in the league. They just wish they had an organization half as good as the Cardinals.

They didn't even watch games for 2 and a half decades.

kccrow 01-29-2017 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 12714656)

Good thing I'm not a Royals' fan either. :) **** the Royals more than the Cardinals!

Marco Polo 01-29-2017 03:58 PM

I see Moss is close to joining the Royals. I would have liked to re-sign him as a flexible back up option to 1B/OF.

BigRedChief 01-29-2017 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 12716144)
I see Moss is close to joining the Royals. I would have liked to re-sign him as a flexible back up option to 1B/OF.

yeah, ESPN is reporting it as a done deal pending physical. 2 years $12 million guaranteed.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-29-2017 08:36 PM

Good riddance

Stinger 01-30-2017 01:31 PM

MLB strips Cardinals of draft picks, fines them $2 million for Astros hack

Major League Baseball dropped an unprecedented penalty on the St. Louis Cardinals for their former scouting director’s hacking of the Houston Astros’ computer system, ordering the Cardinals to send their top two draft picks to the Astros and pay them $2 million in damages, while placing perpetrator Chris Correa on the permanently ineligible list.

Commissioner Rob Manfred wrote in his ruling that no Cardinals employee other than Correa participated in the hacking and there will be no further discipline.

“Although Mr. Correa’s conduct was not authorized by the Cardinals, as a matter of MLB policy I am holding the Cardinals responsible for his conduct,” Manfred wrote.

Monday’s actions seemingly put an end to a saga that began when Correa, a former colleague of Astros GM Jeff Luhnow, hacked into their computer systems in 2013 and 2014 after Luhnow and other Cardinals executives joined the Astros. Correa’s role came to light in 2015, when the Cardinals terminated him while he was under federal investigation. In July 2016, Correa was sentenced to 46 months in prison and ordered to pay the Astros $279,000 in restitution.

"This unprecedented award by the Commissioner's office sends a clear message of the severity of these actions,” the Astros said in a statement.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...hack/97250008/

Miles 01-30-2017 01:46 PM

Some additional info from sentencing

http://deadspin.com/feds-cardinals-h...s-r-1791778599

DJ's left nut 01-30-2017 02:11 PM

{shrug}

Could've been worse. You gotta figure that the pick would've been our first rounder but/for losing it with the Fowler signing.

So that takes some of the sting out of giving up a pick for Fowler; I'd much rather give up a couple of comp-round picks than a first. 56 and 75 isn't quite Hail Mary territory but outside of the top 35-40 picks, you're really just sifting through the same pile of lotto tickets as everyone else and hoping to get lucky.

The worst part is that the Cardinals draft $$ allotment is essentially nil now. It's still amazing to me that their big money 'international splurge' this last off-season yielded about the 10th most money spent on international signings.

They keep their powder dry during the Yoan Moncada bidding and then burn it all up on a bunch of middle-tier prospects that are about as likely to hit as mid-round draft picks.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-30-2017 04:00 PM

That's a fair punishment, and goddamn if it doesn't hurt.

raybec 4 01-30-2017 04:17 PM

This punishment never would have happened if the Cardinals were owned by Jesuits.

BigRedChief 01-30-2017 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 12718062)
That's a fair punishment, and goddamn if it doesn't hurt.

stupid ass in house rivalry cost us two picks. :cuss:

They had better not allow that to happen again.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-30-2017 07:17 PM

Good will help with the tanking

BigRedChief 01-30-2017 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12718361)

we have too much talent to tank.

BigRedChief 01-30-2017 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12717858)
{shrug}

Could've been worse. You gotta figure that the pick would've been our first rounder but/for losing it with the Fowler signing.

So that takes some of the sting out of giving up a pick for Fowler; I'd much rather give up a couple of comp-round picks than a first. 56 and 75 isn't quite Hail Mary territory but outside of the top 35-40 picks, you're really just sifting through the same pile of lotto tickets as everyone else and hoping to get lucky.

The worst part is that the Cardinals draft $$ allotment is essentially nil now. It's still amazing to me that their big money 'international splurge' this last off-season yielded about the 10th most money spent on international signings.

They keep their powder dry during the Yoan Moncada bidding and then burn it all up on a bunch of middle-tier prospects that are about as likely to hit as mid-round draft picks.

I'm sure MLB realized it wasn't a hack to get an unfair advantage in the draft or on the field but a stupid ass inter-team and personal riviraly gone down a rabbit hole. But, they couldn't let it slide as a precedent.

BigRedChief 02-02-2017 10:50 PM

The press conference concluded with the star pitcher requesting that his family members in the back of the room join him at the front, up on the stage. Carlos Martinez, wearing a scarlet bow tie, grinned as the cameras flashed. General manager John Mozeliak happily observed the celebration from the side.

A congratulatory phone call was on its way.

This was a day of celebration.

"I thought it was an opportunity I couldn't let go of," Martinez said through a team translator during the announcement of a record deal for a first-time arbitration eligible pitcher.

His extension is for five years and $51 million. But it's more than that. Two team options could increase the contract to seven years and $86 million. But it's more than that, too.

The 25-year-old righthander agreed to perhaps pass up more riches down the road to immediately secure a future for himself, his family and his philanthropic efforts here and in the Dominican Republic.

Meanwhile the Cardinals are betting that Martinez's current trajectory will not plateau, but instead establish him as the cornerstone of the rotation for years to come.

"When we think about him, we already talk about him in that elite status of potential No. 1, and as a dominating-type starter," Mozeliak said. "When you think about his performance over the last few years, there's no reason not to think that's where it's headed."

"It's really about trying to make an investment in our future," Mozeliak added. "Understanding that we see him as an emerging star, someone who is going to be an elite performer for a long time."

Miles 02-02-2017 11:51 PM

Looks like a quite a nice extension with the two team option years.

BigRedChief 02-03-2017 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 12724028)
Looks like a quite a nice extension with the two team option years.

in today's market, that's stealing money. He could have got a boatload of money in 3 years. Now the Cardinals can control him through 2023. And just pay a $1 million bonus at any time in the deal if he's traded. Seems to be a very friendly team deal.

Martinez, the son of a drug addicted prostitute, just got guaranteed generational changing money for his family in the DR. I'm sure that's why he signed the deal.

He's now our Ace.

“I respect (Wainwright). But I want (to start the first game),” Martinez said.

“Great answer,” said general manager John Mozeliak. “He’s a talented guy. We’re not sitting here today doing this kind of contract if he’s not.”

jd1020 02-03-2017 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 12724930)
Seems to be a very friendly team deal.

Slightly team friendly. I'm a little surprised that he and his agent decided to opt for the same salary in his first 2 free agent years that he'll make in his arb years. That seems like a failure on their part.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-03-2017 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12725276)
Slightly team friendly. I'm a little surprised that he and his agent decided to opt for the same salary in his first 2 free agent years that he'll make in his arb years. That seems like a failure on their part.

If he has two years like his last two, the Cardinals will earn back their $$. It's extremely team-friendly.

BigRedChief 02-08-2017 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12718361)

If Baseball Prospectus is correct, you can expect lots of Cardinals tears this year.

BP released its annual PECOTA projections on Tuesday, predicting the 2017 Cardinals will finish with their worst record since 2007 and win fewer than 77 games this season.

Based on BP’s Player Empirical Comparison and Optimization Test Algorithm, the Cardinals are expected to finish tied for third in the National League Central with a 76-86 record. If that projection is correct, they'll finish tied for the fourth worst record in the NL.

PECOTA projects that the Cardinals will score 708 runs and give up 756 with a .253 batting average, .317 on-base percentage and .411 slugging percentage.

DJ's left nut 02-08-2017 05:41 PM

Pecota's wrong.

It says that Carlos Martinez will take a large step backwards based on...well nothing really. It also says that Matt Carpenter will be a roughly 2.5 win player and that Diaz will be worth 2.

Mostly it seems to have thrown darts at the wall. The Cards aren't a good team, but they aren't a genuinely bad one either. Probably an 83-87 win squad.

O.city 02-09-2017 12:18 PM

It seems it's going to take alot of big jumps from young guys for this team to actually be good.

Piscotty, Grichuk, Wong, etc.

Yuck.

raybec 4 02-09-2017 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12734667)
It seems it's going to take alot of big jumps from young guys for this team to actually be good.

Piscotty, Grichuk, Wong, etc.

Yuck.

I have no faith in Wong at all, he still thinks of himself as a 30 HR guy. If he can't start hitting line drives he won't ever be more productive.

Grichuk still doesn't understand the strike zone. I doubt he ever will.

Piscotty has a real shot to be a very solid career player but he doesn't scare anybody. Diaz is the only Cardinal with a genuine shot to be a force in the middle of the lineup.

They'll play around .500 all year and probably win about 85 games

scho63 02-09-2017 12:57 PM

What's the overall age of the current Cards starting lineup?

bdj23 02-09-2017 05:13 PM

I still hate Mike Leake

Pasta Little Brioni 02-09-2017 07:24 PM

Freese is back....in Imo commercials. Seriously ROFL ROFL

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02-09-2017 08:20 PM

thanks for the draft picks.

BigRedChief 02-09-2017 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 12734756)
What's the overall age of the current Cards starting lineup?

1/2 are young. 1/2 are old.

Pepe Silvia 02-10-2017 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy won the toss (Post 12735517)
thanks for the draft picks.

Astros still suck.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02-10-2017 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 12735924)
Astros still suck.

Eh, depends on starting pitching. Batting lineup looks great.

Marco Polo 02-10-2017 12:07 PM

I FINALLY got around to watching Money Ball last night. I wonder when the Cards starting making that approach...

bdj23 02-10-2017 08:40 PM

Vegas has us tabbed at 87.5 wins and tying for the second wild card with San Francisco.

Stake your claim. Over or under.

I'm going 89 wins.

DJ's left nut 02-10-2017 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 12736504)
Vegas has us tabbed at 87.5 wins and tying for the second wild card with San Francisco.

Stake your claim. Over or under.

I'm going 89 wins.

Under.

Hootie 02-11-2017 05:35 AM

Cards are in trouble ...

as a hater of everything successful sports related - I want to see how the 'best fans in baseball' handle a 5-10 year stretch (which is coming) of futility (by Cards standards) that is inevitably coming ...

will you still fill the stands? Will attendance still be right around the tops in the bigs?

...or, if the Cards actually suck for 4-5 years in a row ... will the following dwindle?

Basically, in my adult life, the Cardinals have always been good and have always competed. I want to see them be terrible for a few years and I want to see what happens. Would love to see that fan base eat some crow after all of these years.

...really, really easy to cheer for a winner. Let's see how you guys handle a loser.

Hootie 02-11-2017 05:36 AM

...if you support a loser, I'll change my mind about you guys and give you the respect you deserve.

...but if attendance falls off the cliffs as the Cubs own that division for the time being ... I will bask in the fact you were all frauds and I knew it as such the whole time

Pasta Little Brioni 02-11-2017 09:10 AM

Hootie, it definitely is a front running fan base..in a year they struggled, Fans left games early in droves in one run games ALL the time if Big Mac had his last at bat of the night. They still draw, but the fan base is as fickle as anyone else. Won't be Royal suck level bad however.

Hootie 02-11-2017 09:14 AM

...well, you'd have to give me 25+ years of straight sucktitude for me to be able to compare that

ALL of my friends are Cardinals (and Packers !!!!) fans ...

I need to see the Cardinals suck for 3 straight years to see what kind of fans the BFIP really are ...

My thoughts? The same as any other baseball fan. If your team sucks, you aren't gonna waste time showing up. My mom's boss has 2 sets of seasons tickets to Cards games and the last 5 games last year you couldn't even give those things away and they are really good tickets.

Easy to be great fans when you always win. Want to see what happens when the Cubs own the division for 5 years.

Hootie 02-11-2017 09:14 AM

...well, you'd have to give me 25+ years of straight sucktitude for me to be able to compare that

ALL of my friends are Cardinals (and Packers !!!!) fans ...

I need to see the Cardinals suck for 3 straight years to see what kind of fans the BFIP really are ...

My thoughts? The same as any other baseball fan. If your team sucks, you aren't gonna waste time showing up. My mom's boss has 2 sets of seasons tickets to Cards games and the last 5 games last year you couldn't even give those things away and they are really good tickets.

Easy to be great fans when you always win. Want to see what happens when the Cubs own the division for 5 years.

Hootie 02-11-2017 09:15 AM

THAT said ... new Busch is the best stadium in baseball - will give you that

Pasta Little Brioni 02-11-2017 09:17 AM

We aren't the BFIB, those are the Cubs. I can admit that.

Hootie 02-11-2017 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12736774)
We aren't the BFIB, those are the Cubs. I can admit that.

ok - that's a joke

again - all of my friends are Cards/Pack fans and all they've ever seen is winning .... Cards (obvi) and from Favre to Rodgers

will be nice to see the Cards get roughed up a bit and can't wait to see how these smug assholes I have on my FB feed react to 5 years of 2nd fiddle

Pasta Little Brioni 02-11-2017 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romosexual (Post 12736776)
ok - that's a joke

again - all of my friends are Cards/Pack fans and all they've ever seen is winning .... Cards (obvi) and from Favre to Rodgers

will be nice to see the Cards get roughed up a bit and can't wait to see how these smug assholes I have on my FB feed react to 5 years of 2nd fiddle

I'm ready for it too actually. Most of the fan base are insufferable pricks that need knocked down a peg.

bdj23 02-11-2017 11:24 AM

God damn it. Hootie is back?

Thread is ruined.

bdj23 02-11-2017 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12736642)
Under.

I say that as a homer who magically thinks Waino and Leake won't be as bad this year as they were last year.

bdj23 02-11-2017 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12736766)
Hootie, it definitely is a front running fan base..in a year they struggled, Fans left games early in droves in one run games ALL the time if Big Mac had his last at bat of the night. They still draw, but the fan base is as fickle as anyone else. Won't be Royal suck level bad however.

IIRC the Cardinals have had one season in my lifetime that they have drawn under the NL average in attendance.

Marcellus 02-11-2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romosexual (Post 12736705)
Cards are in trouble ...

as a hater of everything successful sports related - I want to see how the 'best fans in baseball' handle a 5-10 year stretch (which is coming) of futility (by Cards standards) that is inevitably coming ...

will you still fill the stands? Will attendance still be right around the tops in the bigs?

...or, if the Cards actually suck for 4-5 years in a row ... will the following dwindle?

Basically, in my adult life, the Cardinals have always been good and have always competed. I want to see them be terrible for a few years and I want to see what happens. Would love to see that fan base eat some crow after all of these years.

...really, really easy to cheer for a winner. Let's see how you guys handle a loser.

Who is this ****ing clown?

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-11-2017 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romosexual (Post 12736705)
Cards are in trouble ...

If only there were like dozens of years of crowd histories to prove how St. Louis fans supported the team when it was bad in the 70s and 90s.

Always fun to be lectured by a guy that was a Cubs fan until they tanked then discovered the Royals right around the time they became good to lecture us about fairweather, though.

bdj23 02-11-2017 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 12736956)

It's Hootie.

Prepare for every other post in this thread to be an autistic rambling about how he hates the Cardinals.

Jewish Rabbi 02-11-2017 01:16 PM

http://www.baseball-reference.com/te...L/attend.shtml

In the last 50 years, they've been below average in NL Attendance 5 times. I don't see them suddenly dropping to the bottom of the league.

VAChief 02-11-2017 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 12736963)
If only there were like dozens of years of crowd histories to prove how St. Louis fans supported the team when it was bad in the 70s and 90s.

Always fun to be lectured by a guy that was a Cubs fan until they tanked then discovered the Royals right around the time they became good to lecture us about fairweather, though.

This...very few bright spots in the 70's...sat through an absolute double-header raping by the Big Red Machine with my family in like 95 degree weather and never even considered leaving before the last out.

Crowds back then would not be great by today's standards, but nothing like other perennial 3rd through 5th place clubs.

Marcellus 02-11-2017 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 12736983)
It's Hootie.

Prepare for every other post in this thread to be an autistic rambling about how he hates the Cardinals.

Awesome.:rolleyes:

Another banning is only a matter of time.

KChiefs1 02-11-2017 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 12736956)

Hootie has returned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hootie 02-11-2017 04:22 PM

I was at BPV for New Years Eve (and Day) ... love that place

DJ's left nut 02-14-2017 11:53 AM

Reyes took his physical this morning....and isn't cleared to throw this afternoon. Skipping his session.

So that's good news.

Gonna be a fun season, gents. Looking forward to hitting 15 singles and scoring three runs. But hey, nobody backs up 3b better than Mike Leake. Go get 'em, Tiger!

ChiefsCountry 02-14-2017 11:56 AM

Cards won in arbitration with Wacha.

Jewish Rabbi 02-14-2017 11:58 AM

Classic Cardinals

raybec 4 02-14-2017 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12736642)
Under.

I said 85 earlier in the thread, I'm sticking to that. And, despite what some idiot's ramble about I'll go to every game I can. My brother and I still bought our 16 game package and we'll stay for every out.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-14-2017 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 12740628)
Cards won in arbitration with Wacha.

The fact that they went to arbitration with him shows how little they think of him. The Cards avoided arbitration with Jon Jay, FFS. They buy out everyone's arb years. Wouldnt' surprise me if he's a non-tender candidate in '18.

O.city 02-14-2017 12:05 PM

Eh, I read the Reyes thing isn't supposed to be serious. "not even a yellow flag raised" was the term used, fwiw.

O.city 02-14-2017 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12740621)
Reyes took his physical this morning....and isn't cleared to throw this afternoon. Skipping his session.

So that's good news.

Gonna be a fun season, gents. Looking forward to hitting 15 singles and scoring three runs. But hey, nobody backs up 3b better than Mike Leake. Go get 'em, Tiger!

I had forgotten that they actually led the NL in HR's last year. How the hell did I forget that?

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-14-2017 12:06 PM

https://twitter.com/CraigMish/status/831560750476955648

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I am told : Potentially season ending injury for Alex Reyes. Tough tough blown for Cardinals.</p>&mdash; Craig Mish (@CraigMish) <a href="https://twitter.com/CraigMish/status/831560750476955648">February 14, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

O.city 02-14-2017 12:07 PM

Well, **** me was I wrong.

bdj23 02-14-2017 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 12740656)
https://twitter.com/CraigMish/status/831560750476955648

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I am told : Potentially season ending injury for Alex Reyes. Tough tough blown for Cardinals.</p>&mdash; Craig Mish (@CraigMish) <a href="https://twitter.com/CraigMish/status/831560750476955648">February 14, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And it begins :deevee::cuss:

O.city 02-14-2017 12:11 PM

Right elbow discomfort, heading for MRI.

How does that happen at this juncture?

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-14-2017 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12740666)
Right elbow discomfort, heading for MRI.

How does that happen at this juncture?

The human body is not designed to throw objects overhead repeatedly. Pitcher health is just blind ****ing luck. Well, that and not throwing sliders.