ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Warrior Dash (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=247584)

wazu 07-31-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 7790223)
It is called a costume.

You weren't by any chance carrying an American flag, were you?

Valiant 07-31-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wazu (Post 7790564)
You weren't by any chance carrying an American flag, were you?

Yeah that guy got mud all over the flag at the end. See the power ranger and nickleloden(sp?)

Mr_Tomahawk 07-31-2011 04:11 PM

Just finished. Did it in about 39 minutes. Toughest part was not slipping on the muddy trails.

Sent from my SPH-M920 using Tapatalk

BigRichard 07-31-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 7790421)
It's an old guy faux pas until you post pics.

Here ya go...

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6026/...98a90626_z.jpg

wazu 07-31-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 7791023)

Nice! Yeah, I can imagine those pants were rough once they got wet.

BigRichard 07-31-2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wazu (Post 7791024)
Nice! Yeah, I can imagine those pants were rough once they got wet.

The water not only weighted me down but it washed all the green off. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Omaha 08-01-2011 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 7790223)
It is called a costume.

Hey man, I looked for you. I even saw a dude painted green, walked up to him, & said, "Big Richard?"

He looked at me a little weird & replied, "Dude, I'm the Hulk."

eazyb81 08-01-2011 07:57 AM

So I'm confused after looking at the website. Do you run by yourself or as a group? Are there beer stations or is everyone sloshed before starting?

This seems cool.

Mr_Tomahawk 08-01-2011 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7792135)
So I'm confused after looking at the website. Do you run by yourself or as a group? Are there beer stations or is everyone sloshed before starting?

This seems cool.

You can run as a group, by yourself, in costume, or practically naked. Almost anything goes.

Once you finish the dash you get a beer.

Probably wouldn't attempt the dash sloshed. It was tough enough trying to stay hydrated.

As of 11am on Sunday, there was said to be at least 30 people who had passed out from the heat. I saw a couple go down in person.

If you weren't a dumbass and stayed hydrated...it was a fun race.

rageeumr 08-01-2011 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 7792149)
You can run as a group, by yourself, in costume, or practically naked. Almost anything goes.

Once you finish the dash you get a beer.

Probably wouldn't attempt the dash sloshed. It was tough enough trying to stay hydrated.

As of 11am on Sunday, there was said to be at least 30 people who had passed out from the heat. I saw a couple go down in person.

If you weren't a dumbass and stayed hydrated...it was a fun race.

I heard on the news last night that 57 people were treated for heat related illnesses and 13 went to the hospital. They canceled all waves after 2 PM upon strong suggestion from the fire department and EMTs.

I think I may have been an unreported #58. I felt terrible all day yesterday. Running that with a hangover was probably the worst decision I've ever made.

Mr_Tomahawk 08-01-2011 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageeumr (Post 7792161)
I heard on the news last night that 57 people were treated for heat related illnesses and 13 went to the hospital. They canceled all waves after 2 PM upon strong suggestion from the fire department and EMTs.

I think I may have been an unreported #58. I felt terrible all day yesterday. Running that with a hangover was probably the worst decision I've ever made.

I saw a few people sitting/laying down in the shade on the trail. From previous experience, you do not want to sit and rest...it become almost impossible to get back up and move again.

I started the race at about a 7 minutes/mile pace. That lasted until the first obstacle...I took it pretty easy the rest of the way. The heat was ridiculous at times.

Omaha 08-01-2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

This seems cool.

They start 500 people every 30 minutes. The beer comes after the race. (Well, for most people) Your race chip is a free beer ticket once you finish the race.

Yeah, it was very cool.

Mr_Tomahawk 08-01-2011 08:16 AM

I felt good before and after the race yesterday.

Feeling it today tho. I threw my back out a couple of weeks ago so I have been dealing with an acute lower back strain since. Popped a couple advil before the race...felt fine. Today...I am paying for it. Can't bend over and am very guarded.

In addition, I am hoping I don't get ecoli or some weird shit like that. I went to the creek to wash off after the race as the water-truck area was essentially a large mud-pit. Later to find out there was a dead raccoon in the creek about 20 yards from where I was... :rolleyes:

Omaha 08-01-2011 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 7792184)
I felt good before and after the race yesterday.

Feeling it today tho. I threw my back out a couple of weeks ago so I have been dealing with an acute lower back strain since. Popped a couple advil before the race...felt fine. Today...I am paying for it. Can't bend over and am very guarded.

In addition, I am hoping I don't get ecoli or some weird shit like that. I went to the creek to wash off after the race as the water-truck area was essentially a large mud-pit. Later to find out there was a dead raccoon in the creek about 20 yards from where I was... :rolleyes:

****! I didn't need to know that!

wazu 08-01-2011 08:40 AM

Quote:

This seems cool.

I didn't notice anybody drinking alcohol prior to running. That would be a very bad and even dangerous idea. Plenty of time to party after the race.