ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Talib: Facemask was intentional (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=298115)

DaFace 02-08-2016 02:45 PM

Talib: Facemask was intentional

http://nesn.com/2016/02/aqib-talib-c...-foul-was-b-s/

Aqib Talib Committed Facemask ‘On Purpose’; First Personal Foul ‘Was B.S.’
by Doug Kyed

SANTA CLARA, Calif. — There was no one more ecstatic in the post-Super Bowl 50 press conference room than the always entertaining and sometimes volatile Aqib Talib.

The Broncos cornerback marched up to his podium with his three children and let out an enthused, “Yoooooo” after Denver beat the Carolina Panthers 24-10 for his first championship ring.

The night didn’t start out too positively for Talib, who was charged with two personal fouls in the first 20 minutes of action.

“It was all good,” Talib assured. “It was B.S. flags. One was on our sidelines — the guy was talking on our sideline. One I just did on purpose, and I just had to show him. It’s probably going to be a fine, but hey, we’re world champs.”

Talib’s first personal foul came when he was called for taunting after pushing Panthers wideout Corey Brown out of bounds following a Broncos sack.

“We were just talking, and it was getting a little chippy, so the ref picked me to slow the game down,” Talib said. “We didn’t do anything. We were just talking noise to each other, me and (Brown), a regular conversation.”

The second was thrown when he yanked Brown out of bounds by the receiver’s facemask to prevent a touchdown. Talib downplayed the impact of the foul.

“My teammates knew what it was,” Talib said. “He was on the 3-yard line. (With) a personal foul, he was on the 1 1/2-yard line, so it is what it is.”

The Panthers scored their only touchdown on the ensuing play, when running back Jonathan Stewart leaped over the line for the score.

“That was the most fun game I’ve played in by far,” Talib said. “I had about four or five catches on me, and I still think that was the most fun I’ve had in a game in my life.”

By the looks and sounds of it, Talib also had plenty of fun after the game, too.

jd1020 02-08-2016 02:46 PM

Should have been ejected.

ModSocks 02-08-2016 02:47 PM

I was screaming for him to be ejected after that. No ****ing shit it was intentional. Anyone with half a brain can see that.

DaFace 02-08-2016 02:47 PM

As much as I hate how often the Broncos take PF penalties trying to hurt guys, it certainly has been effective this year. Sometimes it seems like the way to win in this league is by walking the line.

Perhaps the Chiefs are just too nice.

kysirsoze 02-08-2016 02:48 PM

Yeah, the Broncos just aren't the Broncos without employing the biggest POS in the league.

jd1020 02-08-2016 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12071587)
As much as I hate how often the Broncos take PF penalties trying to hurt guys, it certainly has been effective this year. Sometimes it seems like the way to win in this league is by walking the line.

Perhaps the Chiefs are just too nice.

It's easy to say that after one game, but I'm not sure the Bengals agree.

Graystoke 02-08-2016 02:48 PM

He grabbed and never let go.
Very Intentional.
And yes, Chiefs are to nice.

Bambi 02-08-2016 02:49 PM

Worked out perfectly.

DaFace 02-08-2016 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12071591)
It's easy to say that after one game, but I'm not sure the Bengals agree.

Sure, but how many times has Von Miller taken cheap shots at QB's this year? He's gotten plenty of penalties called on him, but it's certainly been an effective technique at getting guys off their game.

loochy 02-08-2016 02:50 PM

Yeah, of course it was intentional. There was pretty much no penalty for taking a penalty there. I think that needs to be fixed.

TimBone 02-08-2016 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12071585)

I keep seeing this, and it's got to stop. They're not going to eject a guy in the biggest game if the year for committing a foul that hasn't warranted an ejection all year.

Was it cheap? Yep.

Does it make it even worse now that he's admitting he did it knowing there would only be a yard and a half penalty? Yep.

Should they look at changing the rules for plays like this one and the hit on Fleming a few weeks ago? Yep.

But he wasn't, and shouldn't have been ejected yesterday.

He's a scumbag, though.

The Franchise 02-08-2016 02:51 PM

And all he'll get is a ****ing worthless fine.

He just admitted that it was intentional. The NFL should suspend him.

loochy 02-08-2016 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12071585)

so should have amendola

The Franchise 02-08-2016 02:51 PM

Oh...and add him to the list of players I hope get their knees blown out and their careers ended.

Bambi 02-08-2016 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12071602)
And all he'll get is a ****ing worthless fine.

He just admitted that it was intentional. The NFL should suspend him.

There's a penalty for being honest?