ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The Browns should only take a QB in the 2014 first round if he's a sure thing (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276416)

Frosty 09-19-2013 02:14 PM

Did anyone else have this thread break after KC Lee's post? It would stop there even with new posts. Now that the thread is on a new page (for me), it's working again.

Red Gorilla 09-19-2013 02:16 PM

Yes Frosty, it is still kind of happening to me....

jettio 09-19-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9993694)
Did anyone else have this thread break after KC Lee's post? It would stop there even with new posts. Now that the thread is on a new page (for me), it's working again.

Probably due to quoting a post with a video and then inserting another video.

Does not look like the new video is worth watching but maybe he could just post that without quoting the other post.

Bwana 09-19-2013 02:29 PM

Perhaps they can trade for Geno? :hmmm:

tooge 09-19-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9991504)
Ill own being an asshole. Especially to a pillowbiter like you who deserves it.

Dane the baby back bitch.

In the Alex Smith threads, whining about 49er fans, Dane, the baby back bitch, crying about a BROWNS FAN, IN A BROWNS THREAD.

Go ahead slut face, cry some more will you?

WHHHAAAAAA. My name is Dane, and I don't know where the **** I am....

BOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I want my babybackbabybackbabybackbabybackbabyback....Chili's Babyback ribs.......

tooge 09-19-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9991765)
"Don't just do it to do it."

THAT'S the language I disagree with. Post #127 just as easily shows that bringing in veterans and experienced backups is just as much of a crapshoot at righting the team's ship as it is to draft with the intent of finding your starting QB of the future.

Yes, you have to take into account a team's strengths and weaknesses. Yes, you have to be comfortable with the guy you're drafting. But generally, if you're in a position to decide if you should draft a franchise QB or not in the top 10, your team doesn't have very much going for it.

In Cleveland's case, there are some pieces to work with on defense. They have an offensive line. But they have no skill position players. And that's always kind of been their story. Veterans haven't turned shit around any more than their QB busts they've had.

So "don't do it just to do it" doesn't always safeguard against failure. And sometimes it's possible to put your team in an even DEEPER shit hole than it's already in if your safe non-QB isn't what you expected.

More importantly, you have to have some incredible luck as well. You have to have the number one pick when there is a QB that is worth taking at #1, like Manning or Luck. Or, you have to have an incredible streak of luck like the Patriots did, or the Rams did with Warner.

Neither of those teams thought they were getting HOF quarterbacks when they signed Brady and Warner, yet those two QB's have been in the superbowl a combined 6 times in the past 14 years, or almost half of the time (two against each other of course).

Bwana 09-19-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9993124)
Can a mod see this post? I think KC Lee broke the thread with his Yakety Sax Youtube vid.

Yeah, that was a bitch to fix.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-19-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9992660)
Had they traded for Alex Smith rather than drafting Weeden they wouldn't be in full rebuild mode this year.

They could contend for that division.

Sweet ****ing Christ already...:facepalm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9993260)
Tell ya what. Send us Bray, and we send you Mack........

Not a chance in hell.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-19-2013 05:55 PM

"Bridgewater"...:facepalm:

KC_Lee 09-19-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio (Post 9993717)
Probably due to quoting a post with a video and then inserting another video.

Does not look like the new video is worth watching but maybe he could just post that without quoting the other post.

Sorry about that.

Namor40 09-19-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sannyasi (Post 9991355)
They should just draft whatever QB is there. I mean, it worked so well with Weeden.

LOL....and Brady Quinn...and Tim Couch. So many idiots putting up the fake straw man that just because people don't want a chitty QB such as Geno that they are advocating for not drafting QB's in the 1st round at all, as opposed to people simply recognizing that Geno is a sack of shit and will be out of the NFL in 4 seasons tops.

2014 is a far, far better year for QB's. I love Bridgewater as a prospect, I think he's the real deal, others like Tajh Boyd look to be the real deal as well. Chiefs will be able to get a better QB in the 2nd or 3rd round of this draft than any they could have gotten in the first round of this previous draft.