ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So, how does everyone feel about the Reid era so far? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271679)

scho63 04-02-2013 07:52 PM

We are now calling the first 3 months of a new job an "era"?

Let's get real....

Sorter 04-02-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 9551248)
We are now calling the first 3 months of a new job an "era"?

Let's get real....

Personally, I enjoyed the short length of both the Machida era and the Houston Alexander era. Different sports though.

Mav 04-02-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9551209)
So a game manager.

In a QB-driven league where teams are moving to spread, the best QBs are throwing for 5,000 yards, and the top QBs are responsible for the majority of Super Bowl wins, our formula is for a 3,000 yard QB that wins with the running game and defense?

I am fine with Alex Smith as a stop gap. He's not a long-term answer. I don't give a shit how many yards Flacco threw for in 2012. He won the Super Bowl because in the playoffs, he was making throws that only elite QBs make.

If that is the feeling you have, and I could see that if I looked at the stats. I watched every single Ravens down in the playoffs. He more or less, threw it up, like say against Denver, and his receivers made plays.......

Yes, he was phenomenal in the playoffs. 11 tds, and 0 picks. Impressive. He still by the letter of the law, was a game manager that relied on Ray Rice, and his defense in the regular season.......

Did he not? It takes a complete team around your FRANCHISE qb to win. The chiefs have a pretty decent team around Alex Smith now.

chiefzilla1501 04-02-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9551282)
If that is the feeling you have, and I could see that if I looked at the stats. I watched every single Ravens down in the playoffs. He more or less, threw it up, like say against Denver, and his receivers made plays.......

Yes, he was phenomenal in the playoffs. 11 tds, and 0 picks. Impressive. He still by the letter of the law, was a game manager that relied on Ray Rice, and his defense in the regular season.......

Did he not? It takes a complete team around your FRANCHISE qb to win. The chiefs have a pretty decent team around Alex Smith now.

I was one of the most vocal about getting a little lucky in the Denver game. It doesn't change the fact that he also threw big league, aggressive passes that were right on the money. How can you toss this ridiculous idea out there that flacco game managed his way to a super bowl? He basically threw 280+ per game in the playoffs and in the last 2 games, rice combined for 100 yards. And the ravens defense was terrible last year.

It doesn't take a complete team anymore to win a super bowl. Flacco won with one of the worst ravens defenses in recent memory. Brees had a horrible defense and an average supporting offensive cast. Same with Aaron Rodgers. The colts were a nightmare without Peyton, and Brady took a team with reche Caldwell and jAbar gaffney as starters to the AFc championship.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-02-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9548417)
**** the eagles and **** you!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

lololoolol wft?????
Posted via Mobile Device

Ming the Merciless 04-02-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 9550888)
Don't you ****ing dare compare Alex Smith to Matt Cassel, Stanford Routt to Sean Smith, Fasano to Boss. Reid to Crennel, Carl to Carl, Dorsey to *****.

why?

Ultra Peanut 04-03-2013 03:32 AM

http://i.minus.com/iFknJcYZStY5m.gif

crazycoffey 04-03-2013 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9548399)
So far it is SSDD.

I've been feeling the same way about every post on this site for the last 6 months

King_Chief_Fan 04-03-2013 07:13 AM

no talk of candy wrappers, Cassel is gone, Pioli is gone, upgraded every coaching position and brought in decent talent to secure the base for this team. It will get better in years 2 and 3. The "era" is an improvement.

el borracho 04-03-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradBigglestein (Post 9548386)
I'm an Eagles fan and I've been posted now and again. Reid was a huge part of the Eagles for so long, so I will be heavily following the Chiefs going forward. More out of curiosity than anything.

So the NFL Draft is almost here, and I'm curious as to what everyone thinks about the Reid era in KC so far and what moves the new regime has done under Reid.

The Chiefs are like a busboy in a high-end restaurant, eating the leftovers off rich people's plates on the way to the garbage.

The Alex Smith trade is enough to make me stop watching. It will be years of damage to the team in terms of lost picks and uninspired play at the most important position in the game. So far, I am hating the Reid era.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-03-2013 09:35 AM

lol
Posted via Mobile Device