ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****OFFICIAL Walterfootball.com 2018 Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312534)

The Franchise 12-21-2017 10:40 AM

****OFFICIAL Walterfootball.com 2018 Mock Draft Thread****

www.walterfootball.com

Might as well start it up since there are two games left in the season.

57. J.C. Jackson, CB, Maryland

The Chiefs were so desperate for cornerback help that they signed Darrelle Revis, who was atrocious against his former team. Kansas City has to target a cornerback early.

89. Porter Gustin, DE/OLB, USC

Tamba Hali won't be around much longer, so the Chiefs will have to think about finding a new edge rusher.

121. Blace Brown, CB, Troy

The Chiefs signed Darrelle Revis in what appeared to be a desperation move. I have them selecting a cornerback earlier in this mock draft, but they could double up at the position.

pugsnotdrugs19 12-21-2017 11:41 AM

I like the ideology of the defense first approach. Depends on FA though obviously.

Iczer 12-21-2017 01:04 PM

Agreed. Hopefully Smith can net us a 2nd rounder. Defense needs help bad.

hitchief 12-22-2017 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iczer (Post 13300462)
Agreed. Hopefully Smith can net us a 2nd rounder. Defense needs help bad.

Pat will easily overcome all and lead us to victory or so I've been told over and over again- a great qb doesn't need anything or anybody else to win as long as he's elite!

DaneMcCloud 12-23-2017 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13300327)
I like the ideology of the defense first approach. Depends on FA though obviously.

There's no one available that's worth a shit in free agency this year.

Trades, the draft and internal improvement is their best bet in 2018.

OKchiefs 12-23-2017 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13303603)
There's no one available that's worth a shit in free agency this year.

Trades, the draft and internal improvement is their best bet in 2018.

There's always someone available, even if it's not the top tier guys.

Willie Lanier 12-23-2017 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitchief (Post 13302885)
Pat will easily overcome all and lead us to victory or so I've been told over and over again- a great qb doesn't need anything or anybody else to win as long as he's elite!

Someone has an axe to grind ROFL

Willie Lanier 12-23-2017 11:21 PM

Don't shit all over a kid because you despise everyone championing him...

You didn't literally do it but you passively aggressively did it, and that's the sort of thing angsty teenagers do...

Don't be that guy

Direckshun 12-24-2017 02:04 AM

They better go defense heavy.

pugsnotdrugs19 12-24-2017 07:51 PM

Tyreek and Peters are going to cost us a ton of money. It's becoming more and more evident by the week. Jones and Hunt might too.

Luckily, I get the sense that Veach is planning way ahead for these types of things based on his interviews/press conferences.

RunKC 12-24-2017 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13306935)
Tyreek and Peters are going to cost us a ton of money. It's becoming more and more evident by the week. Jones and Hunt might too.

Luckily, I get the sense that Veach is planning way ahead for these types of things based on his interviews/press conferences.

Just draft good players. Obviously we are set at QB, TE and RB, but there’s tons of room to grow.

CB
S
OLB
DL
OL
WR

Getting good players, even quality role players like Chris Conley, on cheap contracts, is so vital.

pugsnotdrugs19 12-24-2017 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13306960)
Just draft good players. Obviously we are set at QB, TE and RB, but there’s tons of room to grow.

CB
S
OLB
DL
OL
WR

Getting good players, even quality role players like Chris Conley, on cheap contracts, is so vital.

I think you're right but I can't help but to hope that Veach will find a few vets who can come in and really be upgrades at certain positions. I'm thinking of the 2013 Seahawks and the 2015 Donkeys... they supplemented so well on defense in free agency and it won them Super Bowls. With Mahomes on that rookie deal, I expect Veach will look to add some of those outside talents between now and 2020.

RunKC 12-24-2017 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13306971)
I think you're right but I can't help but to hope that Veach will find a few vets who can come in and really be upgrades at certain positions. I'm thinking of the 2013 Seahawks and the 2015 Donkeys... they supplemented so well on defense in free agency and it won them Super Bowls. With Mahomes on that rookie deal, I expect Veach will look to add some of those outside talents between now and 2020.

Earl Thomas thinks Seattle will kick him to the curb. He said that today.

I know he likes the Cowboys, but one of his best friends is Ron parker. He also has his old teammate KPL here. He’s also going to be 29 next year.

It would be amazing to have a secondary of Thomas, EB and Peters.

pugsnotdrugs19 12-24-2017 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13306990)
Earl Thomas thinks Seattle will kick him to the curb. He said that today.

I know he likes the Cowboys, but one of his best friends is Ron parker. He also has his old teammate KPL here. He’s also going to be 29 next year.

It would be amazing to have a secondary of Thomas, EB and Peters.

Yep, that's the exact type of player I'm talking about that could cement a championship defense. Earl and Berry have been close too since coming out of the same draft in 2010. And maybe it won't exactly be Thomas, but he's just a great example of what I see in my head.

Offensively, we are close to teeing Mahomes up for ultimate success. Add on to that defense, and we are in business.

kccrow 12-25-2017 05:41 PM

With Peters on the team already, I don't want the Chiefs touching Jackson. The kid is just as much a head case as Peters.

I do like Blace Brown though, quite a bit.