ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Five players who will be new Chiefs next year (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268440)

clyde05 01-04-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9278144)
Won't we be allowed to finally pick stupid people again?

Yep, it can be the"wrong 53 now"

Exoter175 01-04-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brando (Post 9278134)
I would love to see the meltdown if we end up with Fitzpatrick or Kolb and pass on Geno.

I don't think in any parallel universe or dimension, that is even an option.

CaliforniaChief 01-04-2013 12:41 AM

The best 53 ftw!

mcaj22 01-04-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9278061)
Andy Reid had as much of a hardon for McCluster as we did, trust me, McCluster has about as strong a chance of being retained as Charles does here with Reid lol. I think Cyrus Gray has a good chance of staying, as does Draughn. I believe we will bring in another back and let Hillis go. #1/#2 "rbs" are figured out already in the Reid offense coming up. Charles and Hillis.

I'd also bet a million dollars that Ricky Stanzi stays here.

What does McCluster have to do with our RB depth? We are talking RBs behind Charles

Hillis will not be back

so that leaves

Nate Eachus
Shaun Draughn
Cyrus Grey

lol we still need a "starting" RB to pair with Charles.

Nowhere in that point does it mean you can just randomly bring up McCluster.

Exoter175 01-04-2013 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9278216)
What does McCluster have to do with our RB depth? We are talking RBs behind Charles

Hillis will not be back

so that leaves

Nate Eachus
Shaun Draughn
Cyrus Grey

lol we still need a "starting" RB to pair with Charles.

Nowhere in that point does it mean you can just randomly bring up McCluster.

Because McCluster functions in this offense as a Running Back, because he is, in all actuality, a Running Back. Just because we decide to list him as a RB, WR, and a RB/WR every other day, doesn't mean he is any less of a running back. He lines up in the backfield quite a bit still pre snap, and even post snap.

Point is, he's a running back and in an Andy Reid offense, where he was high on McCluster, being a WCO guy, you don't think Reid is going to utilize McCluster out of the backfield in the passing game?

Its hard to say for certain now, but I see Charles/McCluster being somewhat singular dimensions in his offense. I think McCluster will receive out of the backfield more than Charles, and Charles run the ball considerably more than McCluster. I believe that Charles will predominantly be the Runner and McCluster the Receiver. Kind of like how it has been since the two have been playing here. However, I believe that you DO NOT under any circumstance, take touches away from Charles, for anyone. I believe it is okay to go in there with designed plays for McCluster and that is fine by me. But Charles is far more explosive than any player on our field, and I don't watch touches taken away from him unless Reid is keeping him on a pitch count.

Exoter175 01-04-2013 01:06 AM

PS get the hell out of here with Eachus, cut that man instantly.

KurtCobain 01-04-2013 01:10 AM

Leodis mckelvin
Tyler bray
Ed reed
Chad henne(any real tebow competition in jax will be cut)
Mike Wallace

gta0012 01-04-2013 01:23 AM

Welcome back TG

rico 01-04-2013 03:25 AM

I've always had the feeling that they were going to work Cyrus Gray into the mix slowly....as in getting more meaningful playing time next year. Maybe it's just wishful thinking though because I wanted to draft Gray coming into the draft last year.

I wonder what Reid will think of ol' Stanzicus?

Sorter 01-04-2013 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9278352)
I've always had the feeling that they were going to work Cyrus Gray into the mix slowly....as in getting more meaningful playing time next year. Maybe it's just wishful thinking though because I wanted to draft Gray coming into the draft last year.

I wonder what Reid will think of ol' Stanzicus?

Gray can be an effective back IMO.

Unsmooth-Moment 01-04-2013 03:47 AM

Why are people putting Maclin down? Is he supposed to be getting traded?

TEX 01-04-2013 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9278026)
I can explain why their o-line sucked because all 3 (4?) Pro Bowl lineman got ****ing hurt. They lost the best LT in the game before the season even started. That will do that to any team lol.

And besides Charles, you are lucky if any of these other RBs on the team make the team next year. This isnt Scooter Piolis team anymore. These Scott Pioli homer draft picks people defend that they think are stashed in Scooters back pocket to pan out and develop into something are mistaken. Andy Reid will cut them on the spot and give zero ****ing ****s and bring in whoever he wants to replace them. That's the beautiful thing about this. Goodbye the Ricky Stanzis, Cyrus Grays, Jake O Connel turdcutters of the world

Cyrus Gray can play...bet he is kept

Exoter175 01-04-2013 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9278361)
Gray can be an effective back IMO.

Thank you! I remember when we had big backs in front of Jamaal and never really got many touches to see what he could do, if anything the Chiefs cultivate RBs like nobodies business, so lets stick it out with this guy. I saw a few flashes this year that could prove to be bright sparks.

Rugby Thompson 01-04-2013 04:50 AM

vick sucks, jennings fell off and i hate him, cromarties a bust

BlackHelicopters 01-04-2013 07:11 AM

Jon Baldwin with the right coaching will develop into one of the finest receiv..........all most got it typed before I spontaneously combusted.