ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****Official 2016-2017 NBA Regular Season Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=303122)

KevB 10-26-2016 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 12508528)
The Thunder have a lot of growing up to do as a team. I do think Donovan is pretty solid and liked the way Russ played tonight it feels like they need to find a shooter to space the floor. I'm honestly not sure how they'll finish, but I think they'll improve as the year goes on. My expectations are definitely in check. If Adams or Westbrook miss substantial time they are ****ed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Oladipo is going to have to be much better than he was tonight. However, there's a reason Orlando was willing to trade him for a descending Ibaka. Just doesn't feel like OKC has enough firepower. Roberson is just so awful offensively, he's tough to overcome now that Durant is gone.

KevB 10-26-2016 10:58 PM

This Laker team is putrid defensively, and stupid on top of it. That said, they at least have some young talent that allows them to dream a bit.

okcchief 10-26-2016 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 12507355)
It almost seems as if OKC exposed the Warriors in the playoffs last year, even though they ended up losing that series. I think San Antonio is going to play with a chip on their shoulder because all they've heard about the past few months is how great the Warriors are.

I don't know if anyone saw Boguts comments last week. He said they knew Durant was coming and it was either going to be him or Iggy. They had this going on while having the greatest regular season of all time. Why? It pisses me off for Warriors and Thunder fans. I really want this shit to implode. It's just not the way things should be done. **** these guys. You can call it sour grapes but talking about next season when the current season is alive is some bullshit

okcchief 10-26-2016 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 12508532)
Oladipo is going to have to be much better than he was tonight. However, there's a reason Orlando was willing to trade him for a descending Ibaka. Just doesn't feel like OKC has enough firepower. Roberson is just so awful offensively, he's tough to overcome now that Durant is gone.

I still like the trade because of the potential. Ibaka has no BBIQ and his skills will fade soon. Oladipo is up and down offensively but he's a solid defender. I like Sabonis a lot as well They are also better trade chips if that's what you gotta do. There was no move the Thunder could make to account for losing an elite player like Durant.

KevB 10-26-2016 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 12508537)
I still like the trade because of the potential. Ibaka has no BBIQ and his skills will fade soon. Oladipo is up and down offensively but he's a solid defender. I like Sabonis a lot as well They are also better trade chips if that's what you gotta do. There was no move the Thunder could make to account for losing an elite player like Durant.

I definitely liked the trade for OKC. My comment was just more about competing this year.

okcchief 10-26-2016 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 12508539)
I definitely liked the trade for OKC. My comment was just more about competing this year.

They'll compete, but not for a title. Most teams are in the same boat. I don't think they'll finish the year with this roster. It doesn't flow in its current form.

KCCHIEFS27 10-27-2016 06:32 AM

I thought Brett Brown lost that game last night for 76ers. He continued to play an awful and ineffective Saric over Grant. And Saric thanked him by chucking up a 3 point shot around the minute mark with the game tied. Sheesh. Rockets look like they are going to struggle. I'm not sure why everybody is in love with the Celtics. I'm just glad the season is back!

BWillie 10-27-2016 10:12 AM

Think the Celtics will be the 2nd or 3rd best team in the East. Horford is really going to help them.

Nice to see OKC at 1-0 and GSW at 0-1 although I'm sure that won't last. Minnesota is still going to suck, even with all of that talent. MAAYYYbe could get the 8 SPOT, bout it. Wish I could say otherwise.

tk13 11-04-2016 10:56 PM

Lakers are blowing out Golden State. Curry in danger of not making a 3 pointer for the first time in a couple years.

Buck 11-04-2016 10:57 PM

Lakers going to beat Warriors (up 20 with 2:40 left) and Curry hasn't hit a 3. He has a 150ish streak on the line.

Discuss Thrower 11-04-2016 11:01 PM

Streak is dead. RIP in peace

-King- 11-05-2016 01:51 AM

Lakers will finally be back to at least mediocre this year. Still will probably have a losing record just because of conference but they're not a dumpster fire like the last few years. They'd contend for a 5-7 seed in the east.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pitt Gorilla 11-10-2016 01:36 PM

I love my Wolves, but the Bucks are incredibly fun to watch. I really like the roster (outside of Delly).

KevB 11-10-2016 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 12529686)
Lakers will finally be back to at least mediocre this year. Still will probably have a losing record just because of conference but they're not a dumpster fire like the last few years. They'd contend for a 5-7 seed in the east.
Posted via Mobile Device

They at least have some interesting young players to watch grow. That's better than it's been.

kcxiv 11-11-2016 12:46 AM

This Lakers team is ****ing fun to watch. They are developing at an insane rate. I ****ing love this. All the Youngsters have a few years in the league now outside of ingram. This is great.