ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Sleep Apnea... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=351335)

penguinz 12-11-2023 02:10 PM

Sleep Apnea...

Doing an at home sleep apnea test later this week.

I am sure there are others here that have done this.

How annoying is the test and how long did it take you to get used to a CPAP if one was prescribed?

I also like to travel and dispersed camp. Any suggestions for battery packs or other accessories once?

J Diddy 12-11-2023 02:16 PM

I had an in hospital test on saturday. It can't be worse than being hooked up to 20 wires, being filmed and monitored while sleeping in a hospital.

I suspect you'll be alright.

For what it's worth finding the right mask is the key. I think I've tried 5 different and the one that the hospital gave me was the legitimate best. You get to try your mask out for a certain period of time and exchange the headgear etc. Take advantage of that. If it feels uncomfortable after a few days, try a new one before you can't exchange it (paying outright without insurance is costly). It's been my experience, if after a few days you don't like it, you won't use it all the time (guilty).

Sassy Squatch 12-11-2023 02:18 PM

Really isn't too bad. If it's the same one I did you strap the device around your chest then it has air tubes you put into your nostrils. Then you just mail the whole thing back.

BigRedChief 12-11-2023 02:18 PM

There is a sleep apnea thread that has a lot of feedback and advice in the thread.

Eureka 12-11-2023 02:40 PM

So you think you have sleep apnea?

UteChief 12-11-2023 02:58 PM

I did two at home sleep tests that indicated I have severe sleep apnea. The tests were fine, you wear variations of a blood oxygen meter on your hand. I tried a couple of masks and ended up with the full mask. I don’t mind it during winter, but hated it when things warmed up. I felt claustrophobic. I’m considering doing the medical device insert instead.

tredadda 12-11-2023 03:01 PM

Test really isn’t too bad. Getting the sticky stuff out of your hair the next day is no fun. Also for the CPAP, it depends on the mask and how you sleep. I struggled for a while because my mask kept leaking around the seal as I adjusted laying down. Overall though it wasn’t too bad.

lewdog 12-11-2023 03:13 PM

Holy **** you’re in bad shape.

Hoover 12-11-2023 03:16 PM

Test isn't bad, but having that shit on my finger bothers me. It doesn't need to be on all that long if I recall. They can typically figure out if you have it. Which honestly, most males over 40 do.

I was on a machine for a while, it never really worked great for me. I stopped using it. Machine sat around, Covid hit, wasn't going to use a dirty machine. Or what I thought could be dirty.

Anyway, noticed my blood pressure was getting higher than it should, sleep really sucked, went through a whole ordeal this summer. Stress at work. Everything snowballed. Had a medicine issue too that didn't help. Anyway did a new sleep study, got a new machine, and boy now I don't want to sleep without it. Crazy how I fought with the first machine and with the second I alway average over 6 hours a night on it. I need to just go to bed a little earlier during the week.

Now my issue is the nose mask is making the bottom of my nose a little raw. Anyone have experience with that? I'm going to attempt a different nose piece tonight.

Hog's Gone Fishin 12-11-2023 03:27 PM

Sleep apnea is easy to correct without all that equipment. All you have to do is sleep with a golf ball in your mouth.

ptlyon 12-11-2023 03:28 PM

ROFL

displacedinMN 12-11-2023 03:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I love my cpap. Hope you can find something that works.

As long as you can find electricity one will work, even on a plane. It has an airplane mode to not transfer data over cellular

edit -pic of me hooked up for the test

good times

BWillie 12-11-2023 03:45 PM

The trick to not having sleep apnea is not being obese. Biggest factor usually

Excess weight creates fat deposits in a person's neck called pharyngeal fat. Pharyngeal fat can block a person's upper airway during sleep when the airway is already relaxed.

Eureka 12-11-2023 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17274498)

Excess weight creates fat deposits in a person's neck called pharyngeal fat. Pharyngeal fat can block a person's upper airway during sleep when the airway is already relaxed.

So there is a cure all fix but most want a magical pill or band aid?

Sounds like the American way.

lewdog 12-11-2023 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17274498)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eureka (Post 17274516)
So there is a cure all fix but most want a magical pill or band aid?

Sounds like the American way.

OP is a fatass.

He also thinks soccer is a sport.