ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The GM or the Head Coach? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266831)

CaliforniaChief 11-19-2012 07:30 PM

I'd advocate for Marc Ross over Polian. But what the hell do I know? I thought Pioli was a great hire.

ChiefsCountry 11-19-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9134681)
So does Donovan survive this purge?

I would say so. There has been some shitty things in the business side but they have done some good as well. The tv and video work coming out of Arrowhead is pretty bad ass and they are getting major concerts at Arrowhead.

CaliforniaChief 11-19-2012 07:31 PM

I still like Chip Kelly. Everyone who knows him talks about his organizational skills and ability to bring things together. I'll take intellect and fearlessness any day. If we're talking about building something that's uniquely KC, we could do worse.

Titty Meat 11-19-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9134706)
I'd advocate for Marc Ross over Polian. But what the hell do I know? I thought Pioli was a great hire.

I was one of the first to pimp Ross but I think Clark is going to go for someone with experience :(

Sorter 11-19-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9134653)
He was shut down by a Pro-Style defense on Saturday and I see that happening against UCLA and Mora as well.

I think his "genius" has been overstated.

You do realize he beat the same defense the two years prior while Stanford had Andrew Luck?

DaneMcCloud 11-19-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9134750)
You do realize he beat the same defense the two years prior while Stanford had Andrew Luck?

Yep, but he lost to LSU last year as well.

All I saying is that I don't know if there's enough evidence to say that he'll be a good NFL coach.

FloridaMan88 11-19-2012 08:00 PM

First order of business is for Clark to put a firewall between the business/non-football operations and football operations.

Bringing back Denny Thum in a leadership capacity to help flush out the Fat Scott stain from the business/non-football operations wouldn't be a bad idea.

FloridaMan88 11-19-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9134718)
I still like Chip Kelly. Everyone who knows him talks about his organizational skills and ability to bring things together. I'll take intellect and fearlessness any day. If we're talking about building something that's uniquely KC, we could do worse.

Problem with Chip Kelly is he has zero connection to the NFL. Not as a player or a coach.

College coaches with little/no NFL experience who run college-style offenses have a bad track record in the NFL.

DeezNutz 11-19-2012 08:03 PM

The biggest problem with Chip Kelly is that he's an enormous risk, and Pioli has driven this franchise so far into the ground that Clark cannot afford to take this type of gamble.

-King- 11-19-2012 08:06 PM

Unless you're hiring a coach that will also be the GM, I have no idea why you'd ever hire the coach first.

DeezNutz 11-19-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9134840)
Unless you're hiring a coach that will also be the GM, I have no idea why you'd ever hire the coach first.

STL's model was to hire Fisher and then allow him to handpick a GM whom he could work with.

This approach would be just fine with me. There needs to be a check and balance system, and we need a proven HC.

BigMeatballDave 11-19-2012 08:09 PM

Doesn't make any sense to me to hire the HC before the GM.

JohnnyHammersticks 11-19-2012 08:10 PM

Why don't we do both, PLUS, keep the Patriot Way going? We should hire Josh McDaniels and give him total power--GM and HC--just like they did in Denver.

I just don't see how that could possibly end badly...

-King- 11-19-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9134848)
STL's model was to hire Fisher and then allow him to handpick a GM whom he could work with.

This approach would be just fine with me. There needs to be a check and balance system, and we need a proven HC.

But isn't Fisher basically the GM there also? And Les Snead is the GM in name only.

Titty Meat 11-19-2012 08:14 PM

Polian/Cowher