ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Well, Bye, Kansas City... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308263)

Bugeater 06-15-2017 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 12917785)
Interesting! My price with Home Depot is $5.65 so over a dollar difference. On the Dr. Pepper with Walmart I get the same price, however the product is not in stock and shipping is not available anyways. On the Costco seasoning I also get the same price but it does say prices vary by store.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12917791)
1. Salt - My price is $4.14.
2. Soda - My price is $9.38.
3. Spices - My price is $26.99.

Strange how the price of salt varies geographically. That's definitely something to look into when considering relocation.

KCUnited 06-15-2017 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 12917952)
Crazy talk. Where did you go/what did you try?

Pizza Port OB
Belching Beaver OB
Modern Times Point Loma
Rip Current North Park
Fall North Park
Half Door Downtown
Toronado North Park (they have Russian River/Pliny kegs)
Mamut - Tijuana

I couldn't make it up to Alesmith or Alpine like I wanted, but we get some of those distributed here so I was focused on places I don't get to try.

They were fine, high quality West Coast IPAs. They just became a little one-note to me after awhile and hard to differentiate from each other. I prefer a sweeter finish than the super dry west coast finish. It's not a knock, just a personal preference. Granted, I was admittedly suffering from some palate fatigue by the end of the trip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 12917955)
Half Door is awesome - really cool space. The west coast IPA originated in SD, and is a very hop-forward beer, typically with hop bitterness. The east coast IPA is a craze now, quite often hazy, and much more juice-like flavor with very little bitterness. The east cost variety is fairly recently big - will be interesting to see how it progresses.

Yeah, they've pretty much taken over Chicago. I'm going to a can release later today. I see it getting recognized officially as its own style of IPA in the near future. Because they rely so much on uber-freshness, I don't think we'll ever see them distributed nationally. I think they'll contribute to more of the drink local, brewery only type release thing that's trending now.

Shag 06-15-2017 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 12917982)
Pizza Port OB
Belching Beaver OB
Modern Times Point Loma
Rip Current North Park
Fall North Park
Half Door Downtown
Toronado North Park (they have Russian River/Pliny kegs)
Mamut - Tijuana

I couldn't make it up to Alesmith or Alpine like I wanted, but we get some of those distributed here so I was focused on places I don't get to try.

They were fine, high quality West Coast IPAs. They just became a little one-note to me after awhile and hard to differentiate from each other. I prefer a sweeter finish than the super dry west coast finish. It's not a knock, just a personal preference. Granted, I was admittedly suffering from some palate fatigue by the end of the trip.

Fair enough, and that's a great list! Thinking back, I believe I may have helped you put it together, lol. What did you think on the whole?

How was the TJ brewery? I haven't made it down there yet.

Quote:

Yeah, they've pretty much taken over Chicago. I'm going to a can release later today. I see it getting recognized officially as its own style of IPA in the near future. Because they rely so much on uber-freshness, I don't think we'll ever see them distributed nationally. I think they'll contribute to more of the drink local, brewery only type release thing that's trending now.
They're definitely all the rage right now, and when done right, are delicious. I'm more of a West Coast guy, myself, but I absolutely enjoy a good hazy juice bomb. I love the ultra-local brewery movement right now - gives every city their own stamp on the craft beer scene, and makes traveling that much more fun.

SAUTO 06-15-2017 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 12917685)
I have always wondered if national retailers change the price based on location. But with places like Home Depot people can buy online, so I wonder do they also give different online prices based on location? Or is it the same and they don't inflate based on location? Anyone know?

Auto parts stores prices vary from location to location.
I know that for a fact.

SAUTO 06-15-2017 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12917724)
My price for this is $6.80. What's yours? http://www.homedepot.com/p/Morton-Sa...1500/100089553

My price for this is $9.38. What's yours? https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dr-Pepper...z-6pk/20854248

My price for this is $26.99. What's yours? https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Sign...100047638.html

You could just change your "my store" location and check them yourself

KCUnited 06-15-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 12918006)
Fair enough, and that's a great list! Thinking back, I believe I may have helped you put it together, lol. What did you think on the whole?

How was the TJ brewery? I haven't made it down there yet.

They're definitely all the rage right now, and when done right, are delicious. I'm more of a West Coast guy, myself, but I absolutely enjoy a good hazy juice bomb. I love the ultra-local brewery movement right now - gives every city their own stamp on the craft beer scene, and makes traveling that much more fun.

I think you may have suggested some of those, if so, thanks! Overall, it was great. The SD beer scene and it's vibe was great to experience. Everyone was really cool and knowledgeable. So I hope I'm not coming across as if I didn't enjoy it. I had a lot of really good beers and if I lived in SD year round, that style of IPA would probably be my preference too. Honestly, I think I was the most impressed by the Alesmith .394, but I'm also a baseball fan.

LOL, I took the trolley down and walked into TJ. Never been. It was a trip. Mamut was a cool spot, with a great balcony for people watching. Their beers have a ways to go though, they were kind of a mess, but I like experiencing new stuff like that.

I totally agree with you on the drink local trend. Unfortunately, I think larger mid-sized breweries like Stone that distribute across the country are going to feel the effects of it. They make damn good beers, yet they sit on shelves around here because of all the super fresh local beers.

Shag 06-15-2017 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 12918016)
I think you may have suggested some of those, if so, thanks! Overall, it was great. The SD beer scene and it's vibe was great to experience. Everyone was really cool and knowledgeable. So I hope I'm not coming across as if I didn't enjoy it. I had a lot of really good beers and if I lived in SD year round, that style of IPA would probably be my preference too. Honestly, I think I was the most impressed by the Alesmith .394, but I'm also a baseball fan.

LOL, I took the trolley down and walked into TJ. Never been. It was a trip. Mamut was a cool spot, with a great balcony for people watching. Their beers have a ways to go though, they were kind of a mess, but I like experiencing new stuff like that.

Hey, to each their own - love SD or not, was just curious to get your opinion. And .394 is a great beer - probably my go-to if I just want a delicious, easy drinking APA in my fridge.

Quote:

I totally agree with you on the drink local trend. Unfortunately, I think larger mid-sized breweries like Stone that distribute across the country are going to feel the effects of it. They make damn good beers, yet they sit on shelves around here because of all the super fresh local beers.
Yeah, the big craft breweries are definitely in a weird spot right now. They really helped create and drive the craft beer movement, but are almost starting to be viewed like Big Beer, which is a shame. They're going to have to find a way to stay relevant in an industry they created.

It's definitely going to be interesting to see what happens across the board. I think we're going to start seeing small breweries create some sort of larger collaborative organizations to combat big beer buying craft breweries, and try and keep their access to raw materials via greater buying power. Breweries like Stone, DFH, Bell's, etc could theoretically help the small breweries in an effort like that, but not sure they'd really benefit, other than good will. I think a lot is going to change in the beer world over the next few years.

Ming the Merciless 06-15-2017 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12917791)
1. Salt - My price is $4.14.
2. Soda - My price is $9.38.
3. Spices - My price is $26.99.

this is what mine are too

oh wait its probably the same home depot LOL

The Franchise 06-15-2017 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 12918323)
this is what mine are too

oh wait its probably the same home depot LOL

Why are you shopping in Fairfield? lol

Ming the Merciless 06-15-2017 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12918334)
Why are you shopping in Fairfield? lol

aww dammit I keep thinking you are in Petaluma for some weird reason...

I usually go to the Rohnert Park store actually hahaha

GloryDayz 06-15-2017 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 12917273)
Being near an ocean is nice. Ocean is a must for me. Nice picture.

Lived in beach towns most of my life, don't miss it.

|Zach| 06-15-2017 10:30 PM

KC is a great ****in city with a lot going for it. Good luck on the West Coast!

|Zach| 06-15-2017 10:39 PM

I enjoy Kansas City almost stubbornly but there are a few places I could uproot if the opportunity came up. I really like Seattle a lot...dig the weather the people are friendly and it is gorgeous. San Francisco is great as well love the weather and love visiting friends there but I will never in my life make enough money to live there. NYC would be cool but again the money thing...there are some neat spots in Maryland as well.

Eureka 06-16-2017 12:53 AM

So the consensus is that anywhere in the USA ���� is awesome to live?

I thought most on here didn't like Cali though.