ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Scott Pioli discusses Jovan Belcher on the Dan Patrick Show (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269461)

The Bad Guy 01-31-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9367592)
Well it's good to see that we all know who the best players in that draft are 4 years later.

Well, Pioli is the one saying he'd draft the same guy over again 4 years later. And no, it's not GM speak. He doesn't have to say that.

And if you have a functional brain, you'd know who they were right after the 2009 season.

The Bad Guy 01-31-2013 12:45 PM

I wanted Crabtree, so no, I did not want Aaron Curry.

phisherman 01-31-2013 12:47 PM

Bob Nelson! That dude was hilarious!

RyFo18 01-31-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9367675)
Not here they didn't. There were a handful of people that wanted Curry. Not surprisingly, the people that were most vocal about NOT wanting Curry were also the same people that were most vocal about not liking the Jackson pick.

Fair enough then, I was probably a little high on my estimate of people that wanted Curry. It was 4 years ago, in my head it seems like it was a heavy consensus.

BossChief 01-31-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9367189)
So apparently now Scott ***** is on Sirius telling them that if he had to do it all over again, he'd take TYSON JACKSON.

ROFL

They are about to run an interview with him on 610 talking about a kaon, Cassel and other stuff that he will lie about and probably say "I made the right choice. No regrets and I'd make the same decisions again"

BossChief 01-31-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9367675)
Not here they didn't. There were a handful of people that wanted Curry. Not surprisingly, the people that were most vocal about NOT wanting Curry were also the same people that were most vocal about not liking the Jackson pick.

Depends on the timeframe we are discussing.

When I first got here, there were TONS of people that wanted Curry. He was even called the messiah or something.

I was ridiculed to no end for my desire for us to take either Orakpo (my top guy) or Crabtree (who was a distant second) because it seemed the board was split into two major groups:

Sanchez
Curry

There were smaller groups, but iirc those were the two major sides until mid march.

htismaqe 01-31-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9367749)
Depends on the timeframe we are discussing.

When I first got here, there were TONS of people that wanted Curry. He was even called the messiah or something.

I was ridiculed to no end for my desire for us to take either Orakpo (my top guy) or Crabtree (who was a distant second) because it seemed the board was split into two major groups:

Sanchez
Curry

There were smaller groups, but iirc those were the two major sides until mid march.

The Curry faction was, in reality, a handful of VERY loud individuals.

Of course, the Sanchez faction was only a slightly larger handful of VERY loud individuals.

I imagine both camps together probably comprised 20-25 people total.

BossChief 01-31-2013 01:17 PM

Wow. Pioli actually took the blame for Cassel and admitted that he made "lots of mistakes" and when they asked him to elaborate, he said he made so many that he would need to think about it and call back in to give a full answer.

First time I've heard him take responsibility for failures.

Then, he follows it up saying he would draft TJ AGAIN and give him 30 million again.

BossChief 01-31-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9367763)
The Curry faction was, in reality, a handful of VERY loud individuals.

Of course, the Sanchez faction was only a slightly larger handful of VERY loud individuals.

I imagine both camps together probably comprised 20-25 people total.

:shake:

htismaqe 01-31-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9367778)

:shake:

Dude, there aren't more than 30 people even actively posting in the draft forum.

BossChief 01-31-2013 01:23 PM

There were AT LEAST double that amount of Sanchez guys that offseason.

Even after the trade for Cassel, there were a lot of guy still wanting us to take Sanchez.

htismaqe 01-31-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9367796)
There were AT LEAST double that amount of Sanchez guys that offseason.

Even after the trade for Cassel, there were a lot of guy still wanting us to take Sanchez.

You think there were 40 people shouting "Sanchez" from the rooftops? I don't hardly think so.

The Sanchez talk is what started the whole "drafturbator" stuff - the true drafturbator group is smaller than the "mob"

The Bad Guy 01-31-2013 03:15 PM

Is the full interview available anywhere?

mcaj22 01-31-2013 03:42 PM

i remember a lot of people wanting BJ Raji

cause well we were switching to a 3-4 and we clearly needed a big ole NT type and he was it.

and then there was his red flags, out of shape, laziness reports from the combine. And the small handful of people that had an idea of what Scooter was as a GM knew he would pass on him and the rest of us bashed those folks and refused to believe it, and sure enough...

it comes full circle though because John Dorsey was a part of that FO that drafted BJ Raji so yeah I absolutely trust in that process.

Mecca 01-31-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9367802)
You think there were 40 people shouting "Sanchez" from the rooftops? I don't hardly think so.

The Sanchez talk is what started the whole "drafturbator" stuff - the true drafturbator group is smaller than the "mob"

Am I a true drafturbator? lol
Posted via Mobile Device