ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV NBCs Hannibal trailer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270589)

Deberg_1990 02-28-2013 09:37 PM

NBCs Hannibal trailer

Hmmmm.....ill give it a shot.

Cant embed.

http://www.sonypicturestelevision.co...o/axnhannibal/

Nzoner 03-01-2013 09:13 AM

I've read every book and seen every movie so yes I'll be giving it a shot as well.Overall though my favorite film is still Mann's original Manhunter.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Nbpk0pv60DE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Deberg_1990 03-01-2013 09:20 AM

Yep. Love Manhunter. Its obviously dated, but its still got that cool Mann vibe.

Deberg_1990 03-16-2013 08:22 AM

Here's the American trailer. premieres on NBC April 4. I'm surprised they can get away with this amount of gore on network tv?

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" id="nbcwidget" width="" height="" align="middle"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://video.nbcuni.com/core/6.7.0/DPSWidget.swf?WID=nbcSingleclipWidget&vcmsMedia=n33749&configId=27502&wc=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.nbcuni.c om%2Fcore%2F6.7.0%2Fwidget%2Fnbc%2Fwidget_2012.xml"/><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://video.nbcuni.com/core/6.7.0/DPSWidget.swf?WID=nbcSingleclipWidget&vcmsMedia=n33749&configId=27502&wc=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.nbcuni.c om%2Fcore%2F6.7.0%2Fwidget%2Fnbc%2Fwidget_2012.xml" quality="high" width="" height="" align="middle" bgcolor="#000000" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>

<iframe src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=n33749" width="" height="" frameborder="0"></iframe>

JD10367 03-17-2013 08:32 AM

That's quite the gore level for network. I'll check it out, even though it's simply another version of "CSI" meets "Criminal Minds"

Nzoner 04-04-2013 08:30 PM

Getting ready to go turn on the DVR and give this a chance.

KevB 04-04-2013 09:00 PM

Missed the first half hour, saw the second half. Very promising, previews looked interesting as well. Gillian Anderson appears to be a player, so that's a positive. I'll set it to tape series and see where it goes.

keg in kc 04-04-2013 09:28 PM

I had no idea this was on tonight. Apparently it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Hello On Demand.

Nzoner 04-04-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9558192)
I had no idea this was on tonight. Apparently it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Hello On Demand.

I'm going to give it a few more episodes but I didn't think it was all that,of course I've read every Harris novel on the subject and seen every film so I'm hoping that is causing some of the meh.

frankotank 04-07-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9453895)
I've read every book and seen every movie so yes I'll be giving it a shot as well.Overall though my favorite film is still Mann's original Manhunter.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Nbpk0pv60DE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

the Red Dragon book is my fav.
just watched this show. I'm pretty disposed to trying hard to NOT LIKE a new show because....damn....I'm DVRing way to much! but I liked it. not sure how they'll keep it going considering Graham is a frigging genius at identifying psychos....so I can't see them working together very long. good story so far. bring on Gillian!!

refresh my memory...I've read a book that ends a certain way and I can't remember if it's a Thomas Harris book or not....but a cop/detective/whatever has his daughter raped and killed....he hunts the dude down....

Spoiler!

Fire Me Boy! 04-07-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9563873)
the Red Dragon book is my fav.
just watched this show. I'm pretty disposed to trying hard to NOT LIKE a new show because....damn....I'm DVRing way to much! but I liked it. not sure how they'll keep it going considering Graham is a frigging genius at identifying psychos....so I can't see them working together very long. good story so far. bring on Gillian!!

refresh my memory...I've read a book that ends a certain way and I can't remember if it's a Thomas Harris book or not....but a cop/detective/whatever has his daughter raped and killed....he hunts the dude down....

Spoiler!

Don't think that's Harris. Have you tried Dr. Seuss?

frankotank 04-07-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9563895)
Don't think that's Harris. Have you tried Dr. Seuss?

yes I will hack off your peter
yes I'll sit and watch you eat'er

Cheater5 04-07-2013 09:08 AM

Liked it, wasn't blown away. Was hoping it would have a 'Touching Evil' vibe to it- but it's very major network TVish. I like that Mads Mikkelsen is Lecter- good actor and makes it interesting to watch. The guy playing Will Graham is a little over the top with the 'I-see-too-much/introverted-genius' role. His character didn't need to be that transparent right off the bat. I'll keep watching.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-07-2013 10:49 AM

Not bad at all for a network show. Kind of surprised actually that I liked it.

Gonzo 04-07-2013 01:00 PM

Hannibal was an awesome book, the movie was not terrible but not what I expected.

Richard_Cuckold 04-08-2013 12:46 PM

I'll definitely be giving this a shot. Mads as Hannibal is an awesome choice. And for those that are a fan of Mads, check out the film Valhalla Rising. Insanely effed up movie about vikings. Really really violent (you've been warned) and its directed by the guy that directed Drive.

Cheater5 04-13-2013 07:29 AM

Potential SPOILER ALERT:

Wonder if each week is going to follow the same cycle; bodies found arrayed by some demented serial killer, the conflicted Will Graham gets brought in to solve it who then confesses his self doubts to Lecter, who toys with the FBI while continuing to hunt/kill/eat people unerneath their noses.

I'm prolly being a little over critical, but I do enjoy watching it... But would have preferred maybe an enduring storyline/case that was kind of like 'The Wire'.

Good so far, but the actor playing Lecter is a little hard to understand sometimes- I'm also quite deaf.

Richard_Cuckold 04-13-2013 11:14 AM

this show rules finally saw it.

The Bad Guy 04-13-2013 09:20 PM

Love it so far.

Deberg_1990 04-14-2013 08:42 AM

Just watched the pilot last night. Wow, I thought it was outstanding. The best thing I've seen on NBC in a Loooong time. The actors they cast were great.

Deberg_1990 04-15-2013 11:55 AM

Watched the 2nd episode last night. Still very solid. IM on board for the full 13 episode run.

Interesting how they changed the reporter character to a female and made it a web blogger.

So are they going to have a weirdo serial killer character every week? Are there really that many weirded out serial killers out there at any one time?

frankotank 04-15-2013 02:44 PM

I don't think they can keep an audience doing that. I'm guessing they will have a super villain to chase for the biggest part of the season.

Deberg_1990 04-19-2013 02:42 PM

WTF NBC?? They will skip next weeks episode #4 because it involves the death of children. Too close to the Boston Marathon tragedy......

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/nbc-...gs-1200390579/

After several particularly violent months in America, NBC has decided to pull episode four of frosh drama “Hannibal” from its lineup due to the disturbing content involving children murdering other children.

Fourth episode of the grisly serial killer drama featured Molly Shannon’s character brainwashing kids, leading them to kill other children.

Episode four was slated to air next week. Peacock will instead move directly to episode five. While the drama is serialized, NBC claims there will be no continuity issues, noting that TV critics have seen episodes three and five, and not four.

Decision arose after series creator Bryan Fuller phoned NBC and told the net that, “given the cultural climate right now in the U.S., I think we shouldn’t air the episode in its entirety.”

“I didn’t want to have anyone come to the show and have a negative experience,” Fuller told Variety. “Whenever you [write] a story and look at the sensational aspects of storytelling, you think, ‘This is interesting metaphorically, and this is interesting as social commentary.’ With this episode, it wasn’t about the graphic imagery or violence. It was the associations that came with the subject matter that I felt would inhibit the enjoyment of the overall episode. … It was my own sensitivity.”

Fuller cited the Sandy Hook shooting in December and this week’s Boston Marathon bombings as the root of this sensitivity issue. “Hannibal,” from Gaumont Intl., was filmed before the events in Newtown, Conn., had transpired.

By pulling episode four from the lineup, NBC has effectively bumped the frosh season of “Hannibal” up a week. The season finale for “Hannibal,” originally slated for June 27, will now be on June 20.

Incident is just another example of TV execs and creatives pulling content in the wake of violent events over the last few months. This week, ABC pushed an episode of “Castle” where Detective Kate Beckett steps on a pressure-sensitive bomb to April 29, though Alphabet may push the episode even further if it is still deemed too insensitive given recent events.

What’s more, after the Sandy Hook shooting, Syfy yanked an episode of “Haven,” which featured a school violence storyline. TLC delayed one-off “Best Funeral Ever” and Fox pulled episodes of its Sunday night toon skeins “Family Guy” and “American Dad” that execs felt were inappropriate given what had occurred in Connecticut days earlier.

Fans of “Hannibal” will still be able to see clips from episode four, however. NBC is making a package of clips from the yanked episode available on NBC.com next week. It focuses on character development and not the procedural element featured in episode four of “Hannibal.” Package will feature Fuller offering voice over and discussing the series.

“This is also a great opportunity to provide another platform for the show that can draw audiences to social media and give them original content that’s not just a behind-the-scenes special, but a webisode featuring the primary cast, which is a rare thing to get on the net,” Fuller explained.

But, mostly, Fuller said, “We want to be respectful of the social climate we’re in right now.”

Peacock notes that the fourth episode will run overseas, but not in the States.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-19-2013 05:59 PM

JFC

Deberg_1990 04-19-2013 06:38 PM

Last nights episode was the weakest yet. Still high caliber, just too many plot leaps of logic for me.

Tribal Warfare 04-19-2013 06:55 PM

Is anyone else having a problem understanding Mads Mikkelsen lines, because it seems like almost every other delivery of his I have to put on closed caption?

Deberg_1990 04-19-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9605199)
Is anyone else having a problem understanding Mads Mikkelsen lines, because it seems like almost every other delivery of his I have to put on closed caption?

I'm not, but I've watched all the episodes on my iPad. But I can see where a tv might have some trouble with it.

Tribal Warfare 04-19-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9605207)
I'm not, but I've watched all the episodes on my iPad. But I can see where a tv might have some trouble with it.

His Danish accent is really distracting not because of acting quality but the simple fact it's hard to decipher what he is saying.

Deberg_1990 04-19-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9605223)
His Danish accent is really distracting not because of acting quality but the simple fact it's hard to decipher what he is saying.

Yea, I can see that. But with headphones it's nice and clear. I know sometimes the sound quality on my tv varies depending on the show.

Anyong Bluth 04-20-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9604139)
WTF NBC?? They will skip next weeks episode #4 because it involves the death of children. Too close to the Boston Marathon tragedy......

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/nbc-...gs-1200390579/

After several particularly violent months in America, NBC has decided to pull episode four of frosh drama &ldquo;Hannibal&rdquo; from its lineup due to the disturbing content involving children murdering other children.

Fourth episode of the grisly serial killer drama featured Molly Shannon&rsquo;s character brainwashing kids, leading them to kill other children.

Episode four was slated to air next week. Peacock will instead move directly to episode five. While the drama is serialized, NBC claims there will be no continuity issues, noting that TV critics have seen episodes three and five, and not four.

Decision arose after series creator Bryan Fuller phoned NBC and told the net that, &ldquo;given the cultural climate right now in the U.S., I think we shouldn&rsquo;t air the episode in its entirety.&rdquo;

&ldquo;I didn&rsquo;t want to have anyone come to the show and have a negative experience,&rdquo; Fuller told Variety. &ldquo;Whenever you [write] a story and look at the sensational aspects of storytelling, you think, &lsquo;This is interesting metaphorically, and this is interesting as social commentary.&rsquo; With this episode, it wasn&rsquo;t about the graphic imagery or violence. It was the associations that came with the subject matter that I felt would inhibit the enjoyment of the overall episode. &hellip; It was my own sensitivity.&rdquo;

Fuller cited the Sandy Hook shooting in December and this week&rsquo;s Boston Marathon bombings as the root of this sensitivity issue. &ldquo;Hannibal,&rdquo; from Gaumont Intl., was filmed before the events in Newtown, Conn., had transpired.

By pulling episode four from the lineup, NBC has effectively bumped the frosh season of &ldquo;Hannibal&rdquo; up a week. The season finale for &ldquo;Hannibal,&rdquo; originally slated for June 27, will now be on June 20.

Incident is just another example of TV execs and creatives pulling content in the wake of violent events over the last few months. This week, ABC pushed an episode of &ldquo;Castle&rdquo; where Detective Kate Beckett steps on a pressure-sensitive bomb to April 29, though Alphabet may push the episode even further if it is still deemed too insensitive given recent events.

What&rsquo;s more, after the Sandy Hook shooting, Syfy yanked an episode of &ldquo;Haven,&rdquo; which featured a school violence storyline. TLC delayed one-off &ldquo;Best Funeral Ever&rdquo; and Fox pulled episodes of its Sunday night toon skeins &ldquo;Family Guy&rdquo; and &ldquo;American Dad&rdquo; that execs felt were inappropriate given what had occurred in Connecticut days earlier.

Fans of &ldquo;Hannibal&rdquo; will still be able to see clips from episode four, however. NBC is making a package of clips from the yanked episode available on NBC.com next week. It focuses on character development and not the procedural element featured in episode four of &ldquo;Hannibal.&rdquo; Package will feature Fuller offering voice over and discussing the series.

&ldquo;This is also a great opportunity to provide another platform for the show that can draw audiences to social media and give them original content that&rsquo;s not just a behind-the-scenes special, but a webisode featuring the primary cast, which is a rare thing to get on the net,&rdquo; Fuller explained.

But, mostly, Fuller said, &ldquo;We want to be respectful of the social climate we&rsquo;re in right now.&rdquo;

Peacock notes that the fourth episode will run overseas, but not in the States.

The last sentence is all that matters- which means I will just get it off torrent. These days almost any show is available withing 2-3 hours after being aired.

Deberg_1990 04-24-2013 07:42 PM

NBC has split up the 4th episode into special webisodes and made them available on NBC.com.

Gonna check them out.

Deberg_1990 04-24-2013 08:53 PM

Just watched them. There are 6 webisodes running about 3 to 4 minutes each. Looks like they just cut out the man plot of the episode and kept the relevant season arc stuff with Abigail, Will and Lecter.

Anyong Bluth 04-29-2013 02:11 PM

Just an FYI for anyone wanting to watch the uncut version of episode 4, it has aired in full overseas now and if you want to see it just do a Google search for &ldquo; Hannibal AXN episode 4 torrent "

Took less than 15 minutes to download an HD copy of it and I watched it on the plane and then episode 5, since I wanted to see 4 in full before 5.

Tribal Warfare 04-29-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 9644091)
Just an FYI for anyone wanting to watch the uncut version of episode 4, it has aired in full overseas now and if you want to see it just do a Google search for &ldquo; Hannibal AXN episode 4 torrent "

Took less than 15 minutes to download an HD copy of it and I watched it on the plane and then episode 5, since I wanted to see 4 in full before 5.

http://www.tvmuse.eu/tv-shows/Hannib...video-results/

Fire Me Boy! 04-29-2013 02:26 PM

Anyone that's seen 1.4 care to sum up any plot points we need to know?

Deberg_1990 04-29-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9644123)
Anyone that's seen 1.4 care to sum up any plot points we need to know?

See posts 31 and 32.

The main plot of the episode "kids being brainwashed to kill kids" was cut from NBCs webisodes. I imagine the full uncut episode will show up online eventually.

Fire Me Boy! 04-29-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9644266)
See posts 31 and 32.

The main plot of the episode "kids being brainwashed to kill kids" was cut from NBCs webisodes. I imagine the full uncut episode will show up online eventually.

I saw that already, but is there anything re: the overall plot from the pilot that's carried through (with the cannibal guy and his daughter)?

Anyong Bluth 04-29-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9644357)
I saw that already, but is there anything re: the overall plot from the pilot that's carried through (with the cannibal guy and his daughter)?

Yes, that's why NBC released the edited version because it would have omitted parts of the larger story arc and left holes in the broad story plots progression.

The parts cut were the episodic plot line - which I'm assuming clearly does not bear significance on Will and Hannibal's little dance.

That said, I wish they would have just offered both versions and let people decide. If you're keen on watching the exploits of Lector I have to assume you don't offend too quickly in the face of some macabre subject matter.

Deberg_1990 04-29-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 9644418)
Yes, that's why NBC released the edited version because it would have omitted parts of the larger story arc and left holes in the broad story plots progression.

The parts cut were the episodic plot line - which I'm assuming clearly does not bear significance on Will and Hannibal's little dance.

This

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 9644418)

That said, I wish they would have just offered both versions and let people decide. If you're keen on watching the exploits of Lector I have to assume you don't offend too quickly in the face of some macabre subject matter.

Exactly my thoughts....if your already into Hannibal as a concept, I think it's fair to make an assumption you don't get turned off or offended very easily.

Bambi 05-01-2013 08:17 PM

First episode I've watched of this show. Seems pretty rough. This makes it on tv?

Anyong Bluth 05-01-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piers Morgan (Post 9650543)
First episode I've watched of this show. Seems pretty rough. This makes it on tv?

Its pretty graphic in brief glimpses- but this last episode was way more than typically seen. Often times its just a quick cut so you get a glimpse but they def. had a lot more in plain view this last episode.

Anyong Bluth 05-03-2013 12:18 AM

This week's episode (6) was AWESOME!

Best episode of the show, IMO, and looks like they're finally getting a serialized plot going that's quite strong and interesting as it was starting to worry me that it'd get real stale if some new killer was introduced and conveniently caught at the end so each episode could be wrapped up nice and neat with a little bow on top. (sorry for the play on words)

Really starting to see some devious manipulation by quite a few characters.

Bambi 05-03-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 9651073)
Its pretty graphic in brief glimpses- but this last episode was way more than typically seen. Often times its just a quick cut so you get a glimpse but they def. had a lot more in plain view this last episode.

straight up eye gouge.

I'm gonna have to watch this show from the beginning.

Anyong Bluth 05-03-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piers Morgan (Post 9656017)
straight up eye gouge.

I'm gonna have to watch this show from the beginning.

Good call! A few episodes kinda hit a lull but 5 & 6 seem to really shape a awesome plot line as they probably were a bit unsure after the pilot as to how to approach things but after episode 6 it seems they found their stride.

Also, love the introduction of Dr. Chilton, they really have made him a great sketchy character to interact with Will and Hannibal.

Also, awesome to see Eddie Izzard in an awesome role that seems like he'll have quite a nice extended character arc and in quite a few episodes for the remainder of at least this season.

frankotank 05-06-2013 02:51 PM

gonna be interesting to see how this izzard imitating hannibal thing turns out.

she's coming!

http://www.clattoverata.com/wp-conte...mi-topless.jpg\

and apparently she had a nude sex scene in a movie called Straightheads. and judging by the size of those nipples, I think she was excited!

nsfw
http://www.nudography.com/photos/new...heads_-005.jpg

007 05-11-2013 06:01 AM

Gillian Anderson

ChiefsFanatic 05-12-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 9656227)
Good call! A few episodes kinda hit a lull but 5 & 6 seem to really shape a awesome plot line as they probably were a bit unsure after the pilot as to how to approach things but after episode 6 it seems they found their stride.

Also, love the introduction of Dr. Chilton, they really have made him a great sketchy character to interact with Will and Hannibal.

Also, awesome to see Eddie Izzard in an awesome role that seems like he'll have quite a nice extended character arc and in quite a few episodes for the remainder of at least this season.

That look Will gave Hannibal while he was in the ambulance made the episode for me.

frankotank 05-13-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 9677208)
That look Will gave Hannibal while he was in the ambulance made the episode for me.

yes that was pretty cool.

now I know this is just a show....but.....if Will was really all-o-that....you'd think somehow/someway he'd already be onto Hannibal.

this is becoming one of my fav shows. at first I wasn't to keen on the actor who plays Hannibal...but now....I couldn't see it any other way.

007 05-13-2013 04:13 PM

It's always wonderful to have guests for dinner.

ChiefsFanatic 05-13-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9679016)
yes that was pretty cool.

now I know this is just a show....but.....if Will was really all-o-that....you'd think somehow/someway he'd already be onto Hannibal.

this is becoming one of my fav shows. at first I wasn't to keen on the actor who plays Hannibal...but now....I couldn't see it any other way.

I think that look was the first two dots being connected in Will's mind.

frankotank 05-14-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 9679318)
I think that look was the first two dots being connected in Will's mind.

I guess. just had to wait to see him with his hand shoved inside someones abdomen! :D

keg in kc 05-14-2013 10:53 AM

Finally decided to watch due to the strong word-of-mouth and I think it's pretty great. Makes The Following look like a freaking joke in just about every way. The production quality is tremendous, the acting is tremendous, the events of each episode are (mostly) tremendous. I hope the ratings uptick.

frankotank 05-14-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9681473)
Finally decided to watch due to the strong word-of-mouth and I think it's pretty great. Makes The Following look like a freaking joke in just about every way. The production quality is tremendous, the acting is tremendous, the events of each episode are (mostly) tremendous. I hope the ratings uptick.

yeah the following isn't in the same league as this imo. only reason I still watch it is 'cause the wife does. it's really kinda....dumb....

Deberg_1990 05-14-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9681473)

It's an awesome show. Looks like it didn't get picked up for the fall though. Maybe it will be back at a later date?

keg in kc 05-14-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9682255)
It's an awesome show. Looks like it didn't get picked up for the fall though. Maybe it will be back at a later date?

It wasn't cancelled as far as I can tell. It's a limited-run midseason show, so they may be waiting to make a decision.

Deberg_1990 05-19-2013 10:05 PM

Hannibal Vs. Tobias in the physchopathic cage match. That was brutal.

This show keeps getting better and better. Last 3 episodes have been brilliant, creepy, great television.

Fire Me Boy! 05-25-2013 06:07 PM

This last episode was good. Still no info on NBC's renewal, but some are reporting there's interest from at least one cable channel should NBC pass. That's good news.

Deberg_1990 05-25-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9709397)
This last episode was good. Still no info on NBC's renewal, but some are reporting there's interest from at least one cable channel should NBC pass. That's good news.

Hard to believe at least one network would not be interested? It's an incredibly well made show. Niche appeal obviously, but still great.

Fire Me Boy! 05-26-2013 08:07 AM

This show has me in the mood for more. Hannibal trilogy today. Manhunter, Silence of the Lambs, and Hannibal.

BWillie 05-26-2013 06:25 PM

This show better get picked up. It is one of the most spectacular shows on tv today. I could do without the insanely corny and over the top artistic death scenes

Fire Me Boy! 05-30-2013 06:26 PM

NBC picked it up for Season 2!

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/hann...second-season/

Quote:

Almost two weeks after its upfront presentation, NBC has decided the fate of its last remaining bubble series, giving drama Hannibal a 13-episode second-season renewal for a return next midseason or later. The series, based on the characters from the novel Red Dragon by Thomas Harris, was developed for television by Bryan Fuller, who executive produces. “We’re so proud of Bryan’s vision for a show that is richly textured, psychologically complex, and very compelling,” NBC Entertainment president Jennifer Salke said. “There are many great stories still to be told.”

Hannibal got off to a solid ratings start and was in serious contention for an early renewal. The numbers eventually tapered off, and NBC put the renewal decision on hold. Hannibal was well reviewed, and there was interest from at least one cable network in case NBC passed on a second season. Additionally, Amazon, which carries repeats of the show, had expressed serious interest in taking it on. Hannibal, from Gaumont International Television, is produced under a different model at a license fee that is a fraction of what dramas with similar production values cost.

Through its eight original telecasts to date, Hannibal is averaging a 2.0/6 share in adults 18-49 and 4.7 million viewers overall in “most current” Nielsen numbers. According to NBC, Hannibal is the youngest drama on ABC, CBS and NBC, with a median age for its audience of 45.7. It’s also an upscale drama, indexing at a 111 among adults 18-49 living in homes with $100K+ incomes. Additionally, Hannibal is heavily time-shifted, with its 18-49 rating growing by 75% going from next-day “live plus same day” ratings to “live plus seven day.”

The series made headlines in April when an episode featuring children-turned-murderers was pulled upon Fuller’s request and the NBC affiliate in Salt Lake City dropped the series.

Hannibal stars Hugh Dancy as expert criminal profiler Will Graham, who has a unique ability to peer into the mind of serial killers. Mads Mikkelsen stars as Dr. Hannibal Lecter, a psychiatrist who is helping with the cases and, unbeknownst to Will, is a serial killer himself. Laurence Fishburne stars as Jack Crawford, the head of the FBI’s Behavioral Science Unit. Caroline Dhavernas and Hettienne Park also co-star. In addition to Fuller, Martha De Laurentiis, Jesse Alexander, Chris Brancato, Sara Colleton, Katie O’Connell, Elisa Roth, Sidonie Dumas and Christophe Riandee also serve as executive producers. The series is produced by Gaumont, Dino De Laurentiis Company and Living Dead Guy Productions, and co-commissioned internationally by Sony Pictures Television Networks. Hannibal has been a strong ratings performer for SPTN’s AXN channel throughout Europe, Latin America and Asia Pacific.

Baby Lee 05-30-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9719886)

Thanks, mom sent me and my sister into a tizzy when she said that she'd read that it had been cancelled. . . . Well, tizzy is a but overstated on my end as I had been keeping a close eye on it and knew that reports from just a few hours prior to our conversation had it still up on the air.

Fire Me Boy! 05-30-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9719904)
Thanks, mom sent me and my sister into a tizzy when she said that she'd read that it had been cancelled. . . . Well, tizzy is a but overstated on my end as I had been keeping a close eye on it and knew that reports from just a few hours prior to our conversation had it still up on the air.

Meh. Even if NBC didn't renew it, reports were there were cable companies interested and would surely pick it up.

Deberg_1990 05-30-2013 08:02 PM

Awesome news.....although, I wonder how long hey can milk this premise? Will is already onto Lecters game isn't he ?

Baby Lee 06-14-2013 06:26 PM

Holy Schnikes!! I had no idea that that creature from last week was Ellen Muth. I've missed her.

keg in kc 06-19-2013 02:31 PM

I'm still really digging this show. I hope it can find a way to grow viewers next year.

Speaking of the future of Hannibal, some interesting comments by Fuller on his plans for a 7-year run:
Spoiler!
link

Deberg_1990 06-19-2013 04:43 PM

Im still on episode 5 or 6? The one with the totem pole killer. Ill try and get caught back up over the next few weeks. IMO, this is the best thing NBC has put out in years.

007 06-20-2013 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9762795)
I'm still really digging this show. I hope it can find a way to grow viewers next year.

Speaking of the future of Hannibal, some interesting comments by Fuller on his plans for a 7-year run:
Spoiler!
link

damnit, why did I read that.

AphexPhin 06-20-2013 06:45 AM

this show rules

keg in kc 06-20-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9764132)

Self control, my friend. Self control.

Tribal Warfare 06-20-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9764132)

to be honest it quasi clears things up considering they've updated the story to modern day and isn't a period piece in the early to mid 70's

The Bad Guy 06-21-2013 09:00 AM

I really disliked the season finale.

keg in kc 06-21-2013 01:58 PM

I thought it moved too slowly, but I liked basically every plot decision they made.

Baby Lee 06-21-2013 10:25 PM

Canonical Q.

With the painstakingly developed character trait of a keen sense of smell, why couldn't Hannibal smell Starling's ****, in SofL?

Fire Me Boy! 06-22-2013 08:51 AM

LOVED the inclusion of Vide Core Meum at the end of the finale!! For those that don't know, it was first featured in Hannibal, and was specifically written by Hans Zimmer and Patrick Cassidy for the movie.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ykISyHP24uQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KcMizzou 06-22-2013 07:07 PM

Just finished ep 5. This is a great show.

Also, never knew Laurence Fishburne and Zoe from Firefly are husband and wife IRL. That's all kinds of awesome.

Spoiler!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/...quilles-review

Anyong Bluth 06-29-2013 02:21 PM

Loved the season finale. The final scene & closeup of Will when face to face with Hannibal in " familiar surroundings " gave me chills, and dying to see where they will really turn the heat up next season.
The dynamic between Will and Hannibal is beginning to percolate.

Casting Mads as Lector was genius, and I'm starting to sway to his portrayal as my favorite incarnation

I didn't even realize til half way through the season that main writer / executive producer is the same guy that created Pushing Daisies- one of my favorite shows that unjustly had a short life & is brilliant.

Do a Google seatch on him and read about how all his show creations exist in the same universe. Every show he's done has characters, references, and whatnot show up in his other series. In fact there have already been a number of them pop up in Hannibal that others have pointed out that have greater familiarity with all of his other series creations.

It may be just a novel little idea but I think it's pretty cool and like the idea that you may find something else about a character from series already over or even catch a glimpse into what has been going on with them since the show they were a primary character on ended.

frankotank 07-02-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 9783742)

Casting Mads as Lector was genius, and I'm starting to sway to his portrayal as my favorite incarnation

I agree. I've been a huge fan of this series long long before it became famous. I read Red Dragon in high school, years before the Manhunter movie was made. I like this Hannibal a lot. he just seems to be everything you've always thought he'd be.

man...next season is gonna be NUTS! the whole dynamic has changed.
I have no idea how they are going to deal with the latest developments. it should be a fun ride.

DaveNull 07-02-2013 10:49 AM

I plowed through Red Dragon cover to cover over the weekend. Not nearly as much that's been covered during the series as I was expecting, but still love the approach.

My mental image of Crawford as Fishburn stuck immediately. He's better than the others in this role for sure.

Perhaps it's because I've seen Hopkins as Hannibal in the later movie, but I think that he's still more true to the book's portrayl. I can't get his voice out of my head during those conversations in Hannibal's cell.

That said, I don't think I've seen a better recent acting performance in any series than what Mads has pulled off in this series.

Frank, did you like Hannibal Rising? I've seen some mixed reviews.

frankotank 07-02-2013 11:40 AM

it's been a long time....but I don't believe I hated it. I remember it as not being super great though. I thought it was interesting to see how he became what he became. I'll have to watch it again.

alas....I don't believe I ever read the book...and that's just not cool.