ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   DeShaun Watson: The Time Is Now (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305091)

Direckshun 01-10-2017 01:18 PM

DeShaun Watson: The Time Is Now
 
Yeah. This is happening.

Watson will almost certainly be on the board for our first rounder. He will possibly be on the board for our second pick.

I understand 100% of the critiques here. He's from a spread offense. He hasn't run a huddle. He hasn't worked under center. He has off games. He's undersized...

I get it. I get it all.

This guy plays like a goddamn champion. Put aside the fact that he actually is one -- he is a locker room leader with toughness beyond his years.

We need to take him. He needs to be the QB of the future in Kansas City.

LoneWolf 01-10-2017 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12673341)
This guy plays like a goddamn champion. Put aside the fact that he actually is one -- he is a locker room leader with toughness beyond his years.

Congratulations! You just described Tim Tebow!

The Pest 01-10-2017 01:34 PM

I think the Browns take him with the their second 1st round pick.

Direckshun 01-10-2017 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 12673359)
Congratulations! You just described Tim Tebow!

Some Hall of Famers, too.

keg in kc 01-10-2017 01:42 PM

The Chiefs would be more likely to pick Santa Claus than any qb in the first. Or second.

Bowser 01-10-2017 01:44 PM

Wherever he goes in the NFL, they would be well advised to let him sit a year and learn how to be an NFL QB, no matter how bad the team is or how bad the QB situation he's a part of is.

DaneMcCloud 01-10-2017 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12673341)
Yeah. This is happening.

Watson will almost certainly be on the board for our first rounder. He will possibly be on the board for our second pick.

I understand 100% of the critiques here. He's from a spread offense. He hasn't run a huddle. He hasn't worked under center. He has off games. He's undersized...

I get it. I get it all.

This guy plays like a goddamn champion. Put aside the fact that he actually is one -- he is a locker room leader with toughness beyond his years.

We need to take him. He needs to be the QB of the future in Kansas City.

:facepalm:

O.city 01-10-2017 01:50 PM

I was really impressed with his composure last night. Dude took a beating and stared slowly but just kept it moving forward.

Thag was the most impressive thing IMO

RunKC 01-10-2017 01:56 PM

He will be a top 10 pick, maybe top 5.

No shot

O.city 01-10-2017 01:59 PM

I dunno, dudes gonna have alot to clean up in the pocket.

I'd guess he'll still go early though

DaneMcCloud 01-10-2017 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12673426)
I dunno, dudes gonna have alot to clean up in the pocket.

I'd guess he'll still go early though

He'll go early but he needs at least a year on the bench and needs to bulk up.

Otherwise, he'll be RGIII part deux.

BlackHelicopters 01-10-2017 02:17 PM

No way he falls to us. No way.

RealSNR 01-10-2017 02:38 PM

Sure, I'll throw a 3rd rounder at him.

Can't be any worse than burning one on Keivarae Russell

DJ's left nut 01-10-2017 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12673438)
He'll go early but he needs at least a year on the bench and needs to bulk up.

Otherwise, he'll be RGIII part deux.

That's not entirely fair.

His build isn't really that slight. He's built more like Mariota than RGIII. Really, he's probably built at least as thickly as Smith.

He could maybe get a little thicker in his lower half but that's true of anyone in their early 20s. He's plenty sturdy enough for this level, IMO.

He'd be an exciting pick and a fun guy to root for and watch develop. I'm still not convinced he'd be the right pick but I'd absolutely defer here.

The Pest 01-10-2017 04:10 PM

Watson - 6'3" 215 lbs - according to ESPN
Mariota - 6'4" 222 lbs - combine
RGIII - 6'2" 223 lbs - combine


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.