ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Lounge (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Sell me on Mike Glennon (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267830)

O.city 12-19-2012 01:26 PM

He absolutely does not have a stronger arm than Bray.

O.city 12-19-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9224273)
Best size you could ask for for a QB, played under center a lot, arguably the strongest arm in the draft, put up great numbers despite being on a team completely void of offensive talent and a coach that is a dumbass, said to have a very high football IQ that scouts are impressed with.

If he was at USC this year, he would have had 4,000 yards, 40 TD's and a 65% comp percentage.

So you are using football IQ in this thread as being a huge positive, but in the Geno thread you say we have to use it against Geno because the combine hasn't happened yet and we don't know about it?

RealSNR 12-19-2012 01:29 PM

Beverly and I want to know

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vasDsGAT_3w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KCrockaholic 12-19-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Strengths: Glennon was able to make a comeback, game winning drive against the best defense in the nation against the pass, Florida State. The drive was only 43 yards, but he converted a clutch 4th and 2, and a 4th and 10 at one point. He can make any throw in the game, and has great velocity on his throws. His height is an advantage, although even at over 230lbs, looks like he could add a little weight to his frame. He’s a true pocket passer, and really shouldn’t be used outside the pocket very often. Does a great job of driving off his back foot, and can hit the three-step out route with ease.

His release is over the top, quick, and doesn’t have much wasted motion. His throwing motion reminds me of Eli Manning. He can throw the deep ball with the best of them. Puts a solid arch on his deep passes, and shows nice touch on the underneath routes. He isn’t overly elusive in the pocket, but will usually do a solid job shuffling his feet, and feeling the pressure around him.

He will go through hot streaks where he seems unstoppable, and will consistently hit all of his throws, but it will fade away during a game. He spreads the ball around very well. Won’t just hit one side, or one receiver all game. He hits all nine zones of my passing chart in most games. He does an excellent job of using his body to align himself better for making throws to his 2nd or 3rd read, and reads the blitz very well and accurately hits the hot route, usually a shallow cross.

Weaknesses: Will have a few errant passes each game that just seem to happen for no reason. He plays extremely conservative against good defenses, and will check down on plays where a deeper route may have been open. At times he will mis-read a zone defense, and appears to just forget when a route should be coming open against a specific alignment. Against the blitz he will routinely throw off his back foot, and will not step into his throws. It effects his velocity on the throws, and accuracy. He will take the shots in the pocket, but will not put his body second to make a perfect throw. He needs to work on becoming more consistent with moving the safety with his eyes. On certain routes, he will stare down his #1 read, and then force a pass regardless of coverage.

Although NC State ran plenty of I-formation looks, he didn’t sell the playaction very well on a consistent basis, and at times just seemed to go through the motions. His ball placement is just average in man to man situations. Seems to be a space thrower. I’d like to see him do a little better job of leading a receiver and throwing away from the defender consistently. He has a habit of getting stripped in the pocket when taking a sack. He will test his luck and throw back across the field at times. Was nearly intercepted on his game winning drive against the Seminoles because of this.
There you go.

Mr. Laz 12-19-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9224228)
but he's very inaccurate when he's forced to make a throw. He gets anxious when the game gets put into his hands.

isn't this a deal breaker?

If true doesn't that make him a backup QB, at best?


it will take about 3 games before defenses learn that all you have to do is spook him and he turns to shit.

RealSNR 12-19-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Weaknesses: Will have a few errant passes each game that just seem to happen for no reason. He plays extremely conservative against good defenses, and will check down on plays where a deeper route may have been open. At times he will mis-read a zone defense, and appears to just forget when a route should be coming open against a specific alignment. Against the blitz he will routinely throw off his back foot, and will not step into his throws. It effects his velocity on the throws, and accuracy. He will take the shots in the pocket, but will not put his body second to make a perfect throw. He needs to work on becoming more consistent with moving the safety with his eyes. On certain routes, he will stare down his #1 read, and then force a pass regardless of coverage.

Although NC State ran plenty of I-formation looks, he didnít sell the playaction very well on a consistent basis, and at times just seemed to go through the motions. His ball placement is just average in man to man situations. Seems to be a space thrower. Iíd like to see him do a little better job of leading a receiver and throwing away from the defender consistently. He has a habit of getting stripped in the pocket when taking a sack. He will test his luck and throw back across the field at times. Was nearly intercepted on his game winning drive against the Seminoles because of this.
He sounds like a guy I would take a chance on if I had a middle-late first round pick and a veteran QB (like the Chiefs had in 2005 with Green and the potential to draft Rodgers). I wouldn't put Glennon anywhere CLOSE to the starting lineup in his rookie year.

If this were 2011 and the Chiefs drafted him in the 2nd round, I would put him 3rd on the depth chart behind Cassel and Quinn/Stanzi. Some time on the bench is exactly what he needs if he has any hopes at being a great starting QB.

Sorter 12-19-2012 01:35 PM

He is the king of slants and Captain Checkdown 2.0

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7QXPb3WoNvI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Seriously, King of Slants. LMAO

jd1020 12-19-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9224294)
There you go.

"He plays extremely conservative against good defenses, and will check down on plays where a deeper route may have been open."

He'll fit right into the process.

RunKC 12-19-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9224283)
So you are using football IQ in this thread as being a huge positive, but in the Geno thread you say we have to use it against Geno because the combine hasn't happened yet and we don't know about it?

Both Geno and Glennon (and Wilson for that matter) are rumored to have a high football IQ.

We know for a fact that RG3 has an A+ football IQ because he was already tested at the combine. We don't know that for Geno, Glennon, Wilson or any QB from the 2013 class yet.

RealSNR 12-19-2012 01:39 PM

That video makes me think of Ryan Tannehill.

KCrockaholic 12-19-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9224317)
He is the king of slants and Captain Checkdown 2.0


Seriously, King of Slants. LMAO

He checked down more in this game than any others, but I guarantee you, if you put up any other QB's game film against FSU you'd see the same thing. FSU has the best YPP in the nation this year.

RunKC 12-19-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9224317)
He is the king of slants and Captain Checkdown 2.0

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7QXPb3WoNvI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Seriously, King of Slants. LMAO

Can you blame him? He's playing against the best pass rushing defense in college football. He doesn't have any time to set his feet or for his shitty WR's to run a route.

Tank Carradine and Bjoern Werner both have double digit sacks this year and Glennon has 5 OL who will be selling insurance after college.

King_Chief_Fan 12-19-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9224317)
He is the king of slants and Captain Checkdown 2.0

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7QXPb3WoNvI" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Seriously, King of Slants. LMAO

looks like Cassel part 2 in this clip

O.city 12-19-2012 01:46 PM

His completion percentage this year, was dog shit.

Sorter 12-19-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9224333)
He checked down more in this game than any others, but I guarantee you, if you put up any other QB's game film against FSU you'd see the same thing. FSU has the best YPP in the nation this year.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z4ZQHHkPBBE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now, I can't watch the full game now, but just looking at Boyd's stats I can already tell that he didn't checkdown as much as Mike "1st Round" Glennon did.

Boyd 20/36 237yds 6.6avg 3td 1int

Glennon 30/55 259yds 4.7avg 2td 1int


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.