ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Was this a fake bubble screen? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289285)

JENKINSWINS 12-19-2014 12:32 PM

Was this a fake bubble screen?

Keep in mind that they ran multiple bubble screens successfully earlier in the game.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201412...3425&tab=recap

jd1020 12-19-2014 12:41 PM

No.

Alex never even looked at DAT.

alpha_omega 12-19-2014 12:45 PM

I say "no".

Side note....sure would be nice if they would reduce the number of times i had to watch the commercial(s) before viewing the video(s).

JENKINSWINS 12-19-2014 12:49 PM

So DAT stopping and waiting for a pass and Kelce slowly going into his route doesn't give you the idea of it being a bubble screen?

The Raiders sure looked like they were playing it like one.

Fish 12-19-2014 12:56 PM

Zero Chiefs players screen blocking. Wilson and DAT on both sides running a quick hitch. Bowe and Kelce running slants. Charles fakes draw up the middle.

The defense drops 3 DBs 10+ yards deep into coverage.

Nope.

BigBeauford 12-19-2014 01:09 PM

Did you really just start another thread based on an argument you were having with fish in another thread that you somehow felt stupidly compelled to start?

JENKINSWINS 12-19-2014 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 11202506)
Did you really just start another thread based on an argument you were having with fish in another thread that you somehow felt stupidly compelled to start?

Yes, I'll also start a thread asking if Charles Woodson is covering Wilson on that same play because that's what fish told me.

Mr. Laz 12-19-2014 01:15 PM

fake or play design?

Dat was there to bring the defender up and help clear out the slant for Kelce

Kelce was the 1st option

maybe DaT was the 2nd option if the defender didn't come up

we probably won't ever know

JENKINSWINS 12-19-2014 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11202517)
fake or play design?

Dat was there to bring the defender up and help clear out the slant for Kelce

Kelce was the 1st option

maybe DaT was the 2nd option if the defender didn't come up

we probably won't ever know

Play design was to make the defense think bubble screen and it worked. Smith mentions it in his post game interview on how they set them up to make that play successful.

Mr. Laz 12-19-2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 11202527)
Play design was to make the defense think bubble screen and it worked. Smith mentions it in his post game interview on how they set them up to make that play successful.

similar to running the quick sweep to DaT and then later faking it and then giving the ball to Charles

defense has to honor a successful play, that can set up other plays

JENKINSWINS 12-19-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11202532)
similar to running the quick sweep to DaT and then later faking it and then giving the ball to Charles

defense has to honor a successful play, that can set up other plays

Maybe I should reword the question to… Was this play designed to make the defense think bubble screen?

Fish 12-19-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 11202550)
Maybe I should reword the question to… Was this play designed to make the defense think bubble screen?

Dropping 3 DBs back into deep coverage isn't a defense against a bubble screen. You've completely ignored that point....

Mr. Laz 12-19-2014 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 11202550)

i'm not sure what difference it makes.

The play was designed to force the defender on that side to choose between coming up for DaT or jumping inside for Kelce. Both the slant and WR screen demand that defenders make quick decision and charge hard to break the play up. On the slant the defender has to beat the WR to a spot. On the screen the defender has to come forward and get to the WR before a blocker gets in the way.

By showing both in the same area Reid has made defending it even more difficult. If the defender even hesitates in deciding which way to go it's probably already too late.

Sully 12-19-2014 01:42 PM

I'm keying the RT on that, and he down blocks. I'd have to see what he does on the actual bubble screens, but I'd bet it's the same action, or the RT cuts.

JENKINSWINS 12-19-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 11202565)
Dropping 3 DBs back into deep coverage isn't a defense against a bubble screen. You've completely ignored that point....

http://i.imgur.com/U9oEs3T.jpg

What 3 DBs are you talking about? I see 1 DB beyond 10 yards of the LOS, another DB and LB within 10 yards of it.