ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs More Branden Albert talk: Why we should give him a fat contract if he plays guard (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272624)

BossChief 05-01-2013 05:25 PM

They never said Albert would play left tackle...but it's quite obvious that if they are working on a long term deal...it will be to play left tackle.

The only reason I would play him elsewhere is if he is only gonna be here one year.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-01-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9649753)
Rapoport saying Chiefs are working on a long term deal with Albert.

Dolphins only offered a third for Albert not the #54 pick.

And yes Albert will play LT.

You're damn right he will. Suck it.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief 05-01-2013 05:29 PM

Adding a right tackle that can play the left at a high level (if Alberts back issues pop back up) is a nice addition to team in the same division as Von Miller.

It's now in the top corner of Total Access that the Chiefs are working on an extension with Albert.

Coogs 05-01-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9649817)
They never said Albert would play left tackle...but it's quite obvious that if they are working on a long term deal...it will be to play left tackle.

The only reason I would play him elsewhere is if he is only gonna be here one year.

So you resign your guy to a multi-year deal. That means in 4 years when your #1 overall draft pick comes up for this very scenario... he gets tagged for RT money. That could get ugly.

AustinChief 05-01-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9649817)

WUT? This is the exact OPPOSITE of a logical inference here. You pay him long term if you feel you have a long term spot for him. That long term spot isn't LT unless we do the unthinkable and put the 1.1 pick at RT for his career. I have not hear ONE intelligent person who has advocated for Fisher to be stuck at RT long term.

Hammock Parties 05-01-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9649843)
WUT? This is the exact OPPOSITE of a logical inference here. You pay him long term if you feel you have a long term spot for him. That long term spot isn't LT unless we do the unthinkable and put the 1.1 pick at RT for his career. I have not hear ONE intelligent person who has advocated for Fisher to be stuck at RT long term.

http://i.imgur.com/NKCT5cK.jpg

penbrook 05-01-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9649843)

Fisher is the better run blocker and Albert is the better pass blocker. Stick Albert at LT and Fisher at RT. Bookends for 5+ years.

patteeu 05-01-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9649839)
So you resign your guy to a multi-year deal. That means in 4 years when your #1 overall draft pick comes up for this very scenario... he gets tagged for RT money. That could get ugly.

I believe that franchise tag money for RT and LT (and every other OL position) is the same under the new CBA.

AustinChief 05-01-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9649892)
Fisher is the better run blocker and Albert is the better pass blocker. Stick Albert at LT and Fisher at RT. Bookends for 5+ years.

Fisher is a better pass blocker than he is a run blocker. (according to all the experts)

AustinChief 05-01-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9649898)
I believe that franchise tag money for RT and LT (and every other OL position) is the same under the new CBA.

yup.

Coogs 05-01-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9649898)

Didn't know that. Thanks! :thumb: