ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271595)

BWillie 03-30-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9540659)
Traylor is a dark horse for defensive presence. Kid has a knack for blocks.

Forgot about him. Looks like hes long for his size and can go get it. He should progress nicely next yr

KC_Connection 03-30-2013 12:51 AM

The loss of Withey will be felt massively. He pretty much singlehandedly made KU a national title contender over the last two years. Self's teams are known for their defense, of course, so I'm sure they'll still be fine in that area. But having a dependable defensive center that is able to cover up for everyone else's mistakes like they've had with Withey for 2 years (and Aldrich before him for 2 years) is invaluable. Everybody else is going to have to just pick up the defensive intensity even more to make up for it.

KC_Connection 03-30-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedDread (Post 9540214)
This was a great class of seniors, but one of them had to **** it up for the rest of them.

And EJ was a big part of that senior class, as much as many may want to forget or deny that now. He was instrumental in the national final run last year and his performance against ISU to win KU a 9th straight B12 title was one for the ages.

RedDread 03-30-2013 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9540711)
And EJ was a big part of that senior class, as much as many may want to forget or deny that now. He was instrumental in the national final run last year and his performance against ISU to win KU a 9th straight B12 title was one for the ages.

That's all well and good but it wasn't just this game. The things you mentioned were some of what were literally a few bright spots he had all year. He was an infuriating player to watch. I've seen a few players just say **** it and go rogue and not give a damn about what the coach was saying. I don't know if this was that or not because EJ celebrated with his teammates and listened to the coaches, but then just did the dumbest shit over and over again. By the end of the year I would hold my breath every time he brought the ball up court, or jacked up a shot from longer than 5'. I have never seen a player be a dominating force one year in the tourney and then come back the next year and look like a freshman point guard, for lack of a better term.

I fear for him, I really do. I don't think he'll make it past the D-League and I'm just not sure what will happen past that point. He is not right in the head.

Silock 03-30-2013 04:04 AM

He played out of position all year. That's why he looked so bad at times. He never did before.

Fritz88 03-30-2013 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedDread (Post 9540782)
That's all well and good but it wasn't just this game. The things you mentioned were some of what were literally a few bright spots he had all year. He was an infuriating player to watch. I've seen a few players just say **** it and go rogue and not give a damn about what the coach was saying. I don't know if this was that or not because EJ celebrated with his teammates and listened to the coaches, but then just did the dumbest shit over and over again. By the end of the year I would hold my breath every time he brought the ball up court, or jacked up a shot from longer than 5'. I have never seen a player be a dominating force one year in the tourney and then come back the next year and look like a freshman point guard, for lack of a better term.

I fear for him, I really do. I don't think he'll make it past the D-League and I'm just not sure what will happen past that point. He is not right in the head.

There was something in his look. He looked lost , he looked doped out, I have no idea what it was. I hope he gets over it because he does have great talent
Posted via Mobile Device

CoMoChief 03-30-2013 06:28 AM

Gonna miss Withey a lot. He was a game changer...a shot changer for sure. He made a team force shots from outside....you shoot from outside, it's less likely to go in. He was the main reason why this team led the nation in opp FG%...they couldn't go down low where there were higher % shots.

It's a god damn shame that EJ shit on this entire team. He makes that FT at the end and we're not even talking about this. Hopefully he sat on the plane alone all by himself in the back corner.

Fansy the Famous Bard 03-30-2013 07:57 AM

Here's to an entire thread and season without Elijah Johnson in it.

Fansy the Famous Bard 03-30-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 9540807)
There was something in his look. He looked lost , he looked doped out, I have no idea what it was. I hope he gets over it because he does have great talent
Posted via Mobile Device

It's called being a complete and total pothead.

DJay23 03-30-2013 08:02 AM

He made mistakes and should shoulder the blame for the loss but I'm not going to hate on Elijah. He's a Jayhawk. It's too easy nowadays to say someone sucks or call him names and forget the good stuff he did. He laid an egg this year. He's one of the main reasons we were in the title game last year. Call it a wash.

Imon Yourside 03-30-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9540923)
It's called being a complete and total pothead.

It worked wonders for JJ Redick.

chiefzilla1501 03-30-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 9540929)
He made mistakes and should shoulder the blame for the loss but I'm not going to hate on Elijah. He's a Jayhawk. It's too easy nowadays to say someone sucks or call him names and forget the good stuff he did. He laid an egg this year. He's one of the main reasons we were in the title game last year. Call it a wash.

Like I said in another thread, the problem with EJ has a lot to do with depth. If KU had any real depth, they would have enough confidence to hook him from the game when he's having an off night. That goes with almost any KU player. It scared the shit out of me in conference play how few minutes the bench was getting.

EJ may have been frustrating, but he was a game-changer. That's not KU basketball, to be so dependent on one guy to make or break your team. At least not the good KU squads.

Ceej 03-30-2013 08:47 AM

I know Embiid is a little raw. But he's a legit 7 ft right?

Right now is he more of a polished defender or offensive post presence?

Mr_Tomahawk 03-30-2013 08:48 AM

Get this EJ shit out of this thread

chiefzilla1501 03-30-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 9540265)
I wouldn't count on Ben coming back. He needs at least another year of school, but the NBA is going to throw money at him that will save his family. He can't afford to pass that up.

I agree. It's a shame. The guy needs another year. Gushing with talent, but he has to develop a killer instinct, and that will be easier to learn on the college level. But I don't blame him for leaving.