ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Wonderlic 15 sample questions. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270339)

digger 02-23-2013 09:37 PM

Wonderlic 15 sample questions.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-out?hpt=hp_t2

1. Assume the first two statements are true. Is the final one...
  1. True
  2. False
  3. Not certain
The boy plays baseball. All baseball players wear hats. The boy wears a hat.

2. Paper sells for 21 cents per pad. What will four pads cost?

3. How many of the five pairs of items listed below are exact duplicates?
<table border="0"><tbody> <tr> <td>Nieman, K.M.</td> <td>Neiman, K.M.</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Thomas, G.K.</td> <td>Thomas, C.K.</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Hoff, J.P.</td> <td>Hoff, J.P.</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Pino, L.R.</td> <td>Pina, L.R.</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Warner, T.S.</td> <td>Wanner, T.S.</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
4. PRESERVE RESERVEDo these words...
  1. Have similar meanings
  2. Have contradictory meanings
  3. Mean neither the same nor opposite

5. A train travels 20 feet in 1/5 second. At this speed, how far will it travel in three seconds?

6. When rope is selling at $.10 a foot, how many feet can you buy for 60 cents?

7. The ninth month of the year is...
  1. October
  2. January
  3. June
  4. September
  5. May

8. Which number in the following group of numbers represents the smallest amount?
<table border="0"><tbody><tr> <td>7</td> <td>.8</td> <td>31</td> <td>.33</td> <td>2</td> </tr></tbody></table>
9. In printing an article of 48,000 words, a printer decides to use two sizes of type. Using the larger type, a printed page contains 1,800 words. Using smaller type, a page contains 2,400 words. The article is allotted 21 full pages in a magazine. How many pages must be in smaller type?

10. Three individuals form a partnership and agree to divide profits equally. X invests $9,000, Y invests $7,000 and Z invests $4,000. If the profits are $4,800, how much less does X receive than if the profits were divided in proportion to the amount invested?

11. Assume the first two statements are true. Is the final one...
  1. True
  2. False
  3. Not certain
Tom greeted Beth. Beth greeted Dawn. Tom did not greet Dawn.

12. A boy is 17 years old and his sister is twice as old. When the boy is 23 years old, what will be the age of his sister?

13. Look at the row of numbers below. Which number should come next?
<table border="0"><tbody><tr> <td>8</td> <td>4</td> <td>2</td> <td>1</td> <td>1/2</td> <td>1/4</td> <td>?</td> </tr></tbody></table>
14. The hours of daylight and darkness in SEPTEMBER are nearest equal to the hours of daylight and darkness in...
  1. June
  2. March
  3. May
  4. November

15. One of the numbered figures in the following drawing is most different from the others. What is the number in that figure?
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1361334393
Answer Key
Spoiler!

Brock 02-23-2013 09:40 PM

Thanks for posting the answers!

Sassy Squatch 02-23-2013 09:40 PM

Wow LMAO. How do people do bad on this

AussieChiefsFan 02-23-2013 09:50 PM

Makes you wonder how a guy like Claibourne could get 4 out of 50 correct.

HoneyBadger 02-23-2013 09:51 PM

This is CP. Everyone will score 15.

Hootie 02-23-2013 09:52 PM

I was 13 for 15 missed #4 and #14

#9 took me a while but I got it...what's the best way other than trial and error to figure that out? What's the proper formula?

Hootie 02-23-2013 09:56 PM

50 questions in 12 minutes eh?

Well obviously the strategy is to answer the easiest ones as fast as possible and then come back to the tougher ones. I answered all of those questions in a flash other than 9 and 10. 10 took me about 90 seconds and 9 took me probably about 5 minutes so I'd just have to leave 9 blank on the actual wonderlic.

So if I had 12 minutes I assume I'd probably score around a 35 MAYBE 40 if there weren't a whole lot of 'thinkers' like 9 and 10.

I'd love to try the whole thing out with the 12 minute stopwatch and everything.

CaliforniaChief 02-23-2013 09:56 PM

Meanwhile, Sebastian Janikowski is still trying to write his name on top of the paper.

Old Dog 02-23-2013 09:57 PM

Got 14. It's too late in the day for me to do #9 in my head, so I skipped it and counted it as wrong.

Hootie 02-23-2013 09:58 PM

the fact Fitzpatrick got a 48 or a perfect or whatever he got in 12 minutes is amazing...

I mean, I'm pretty sure we could all get a 15 out of 15 given as much time as needed. I literally spent 5 minutes on #9 and you simply couldn't do that in 12 minutes for 50 questions.

HolyHat 02-23-2013 09:58 PM

I am not capable of answering questions w/o entering them in the Google. I fail

AussieChiefsFan 02-23-2013 09:59 PM

I got 12. I just left 9 and 10 because it'd take too long in the real test. Also got 14 wrong.

Hootie 02-23-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9430172)
Got 14. It's too late in the day for me to do #9 in my head, so I skipped it and counted it as wrong.

I n00bed myself on #4 and I'm just too ****ing stupid when it comes to daylight savings time to figure out 14...I really don't even know what months daylight savings time are...I am really ignorant when it comes to stuff that doesn't interest me.

Hootie 02-23-2013 10:00 PM

10 took me 90 seconds without a calculator

do they get a calculator during this test?

AussieChiefsFan 02-23-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9430196)
10 took me 90 seconds without a calculator

do they get a calculator during this test?

Actually, I was also wondering this. Most of these questions are fairly straight forward, and when they aren't a calculate would really speed things up.

Hootie 02-23-2013 10:01 PM

I have a feeling the guys who get the really SUPER low scores on these things are the morons who can't move on from 9 and 10 and sit there and waste 5 minutes of their total 12 minutes trying to figure them out

Hootie 02-23-2013 10:02 PM

10 was simple but you still had to figure out what % X invested and then times that to the entire principle which takes time shorthand...wouldn't take more than 30 seconds with a calculator though

NJChiefsFan 02-23-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9430207)
I have a feeling the guys who get the really SUPER low scores on these things are the morons who can't move on from 9 and 10 and sit there and waste 5 minutes of their total 12 minutes trying to figure them out

Agreed. Doing bad on this test has as much to do with not understanding how to take the test properly as it does not understanding how to answer each question.

Gadzooks 02-23-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9430190)
I n00bed myself on #4 and I'm just too ****ing stupid when it comes to daylight savings time to figure out 14...I really don't even know what months daylight savings time are...I am really ignorant when it comes to stuff that doesn't interest me.

14 has nothing to do with daylight savings time.
The least amount of daylight is at the end of December. Since Sept is 3 months away from December the answer should be obvious.
Any NFL Player should know that.

Hootie 02-23-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 9430320)
14 has nothing to do with daylight savings time.
The least amount of daylight is at the end of December. Since Sept is 3 months away from December the answer should be obvious.
Any NFL Player should know that.

the answer is March...

?

Old Dog 02-23-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9430326)
the answer is March...
?

which is ALSO 3 months from December

Gadzooks 02-23-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9430335)
which is ALSO 3 months from December

END of December.

Hootie 02-23-2013 10:31 PM

Meh. I honestly had no idea December had the least amount of daylight. I literally don't pay attention to some of the easiest things to know. I used to watch the "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?" shows and I'd miss the easiest questions it was hilarious.

Literally when you learned all of that common sense stuff about which month has the least amount of daylight I was busy watching Michael Jordan and memorizing his high school stats.

I honestly have no idea how to tell when I'm north, south, east or west. It's hilarious.

I was good at math because it interested me...I was really ****ing terrible at everything else. Oh I liked chemistry too.

I literally can name like 10 presidents and that's it.

listopencil 02-23-2013 10:37 PM

I answered "HOOK 'EM HORNS!" to every question. Give me $26 MIL.

Gadzooks 02-23-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9430415)
Meh. I honestly had no idea December had the least amount of daylight. I literally don't pay attention to some of the easiest things to know. I used to watch the "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?" shows and I'd miss the easiest questions it was hilarious.

Literally when you learned all of that common sense stuff about which month has the least amount of daylight I was busy watching Michael Jordan and memorizing his high school stats.

I honestly have no idea how to tell when I'm north, south, east or west. It's hilarious.

I was good at math because it interested me...I was really ****ing terrible at everything else. Oh I liked chemistry too.

It seems as though this test may be unfair. I'm curious about the questions on the new test they're introducing.
Maybe they'll ask about Michael Jordan's high school stats on that one.
Morris Claiborne may have got a perfect score...

Hootie 02-23-2013 10:44 PM

I get in this argument all of the time...

I can literally recite to you the first 5 picks of every NBA draft for the past 20 years...I can name almost every college an NBA player went to and like 70% of NFL players...

it's useless knowledge in something that REALLY interests me (sports)...I'm good at remembering baseball stats as well

why is this useful information any less important than knowing which month has the least amount of daylight?

as soon as someone can give me a good answer then I'll go back and take elementary level classes so I can learn information that I don't even care or need to know just like I did when I was a kid and I obsessed over sports and now am an Encyclopedia of sports knowledge.

seriously

why is knowing the Presidents more important than knowing what year Shaq went 1st overall?

riddle me that

Lonewolf Ed 02-23-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9430415)

Well, you just have to look outside in December around 5 pm to be able to tell.

Gadzooks 02-23-2013 10:47 PM

My wife tells me if I spent as much time trading penny stock as I did following the NFL and NHL we'd be millionaires, but, I still got the answer to #14.

Hootie 02-23-2013 10:48 PM

P.S. no one has ever had a good rebuttal to that

why am I less intelligent than you because I know EVERYTHING about the three major sports from 1990 to now...literally TONS of knowledge and trivia and stats stored in my brain...and I don't know anything about daylight...

but you know everything about daylight and the ocean and perhaps only 10% as much as I know about sports...

why is one meaningless subject considered 'omg common sense everyone knows it you're stupid' and the other is just meaningless?

Huh?

Huh?

I measure intelligence differently. I choose to be ignorant in subjects that do me no good/don't interest me. I could care less about history. I don't care about slavery or Lincoln or who discovered America...

I do care about the Chiefs and Michael Jordan and Nolan Ryan and amazing pizza recipes and stuff like that...

I'm 27. I don't need to know where Slovakia is on the map. Does me no good.

Hootie 02-23-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 9430464)
Well, you just have to look outside in December around 5 pm to be able to tell.

Sure.

but I don't give a shit.

I have NO IDEA what month daylight savings is...

oh wait, I do one month (March) because I'm dealing at a Christmas party (lol) on the 9th and we always go to the strip club afterwards and we lost an hour last year because of daylight savings.

so yeah...the only reason I know when one of the daylight savings is is because I lost an hour at a strip club one time.

THANK GOD I KNOW THAT USELESS KNOWLEDGE THOUGH

I do wish I had a better sense of direction though...

oh and I don't get floor plans in houses...I'm always so confused on where rooms are when I'm on the first floor and thinking of the second floor.

KCrockaholic 02-23-2013 10:53 PM

If this is how the real test is I'm amazed so many people get low scores unless they're just not taking it serious.

NJChiefsFan 02-23-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9430458)

I can literally recite to you the first 5 picks of every NBA draft for the past 20 years...I can name almost every college an NBA player went to and like 70% of NFL players...

it's useless knowledge in something that REALLY interests me (sports)...I'm good at remembering baseball stats as well

why is this useful information any less important than knowing which month has the least amount of daylight?

as soon as someone can give me a good answer then I'll go back and take elementary level classes so I can learn information that I don't even care or need to know just like I did when I was a kid and I obsessed over sports and now am an Encyclopedia of sports knowledge.

seriously

why is knowing the Presidents more important than knowing what year Shaq went 1st overall?

riddle me that

Well I think in the end what is important in life is a personal thing. "Book" knowledge can be important at times if you are trying to work within the system. Certain "intellectual" skills do help build your abilities for other things. You mentioned you are good at math. Some of your thinking skills even outside of math were developed in part because of the ways you learned how to process math.

I cared/care about history, math, science, reading ect. I value that and take pride in it. How well I measure up in each category certainly depends on my company at the time. Still, I don't judge others based off of it. Plenty of my friends don't give a **** about any of that. Each person can decide on their own what is important in this world.

Hootie 02-23-2013 11:13 PM

Agree 100%

Lumpy 02-23-2013 11:21 PM

I missed 1 question. For some reason, I picked May instead of March for #14. Obvious answer is obvious, but I've been drinking a little. At least I know that my ability to calculate math problems in my head isn't fazed by alcohol... which is nice.

BigRedChief 02-23-2013 11:39 PM

That shit is easy, How can you blow that test?

NJChiefsFan 02-23-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9430612)
That shit is easy, How can you blow that test?

I guess only having a short time for a lot of questions. Pressure of what is on the line. That and letting yourself get stuck on one question that you just aren't processing correctly. Also being an idiot would probably cause some issues.

HolyHat 02-24-2013 12:03 AM

When is someone going to post the answers to this test so I can ****ing ace it?

digger 02-24-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9430662)
When is someone going to post the answers to this test so I can ****ing ace it?

Might check the spoilers!

HolyHat 02-24-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digger (Post 9430671)
Might check the spoilers!

You didn't get my joke. I hate not being funny

digger 02-24-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9430672)
You didn't get my joke. I hate not being funny

:hmmm:

DaneMcCloud 02-24-2013 12:30 AM

I got 14 correct. I missed number 10 because I mis-read it each and every time. I finally realized it said less "how much less" instead of total percentage. There's a lot to be said about having your brain in "test" mode.

That said, I'm more than 25 years removed from college and testing. I can see how guys had low scores over the years (like Marino) because they got frustrated and said "**** it. I'm a football player".

RippedmyFlesh 02-24-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9430700)
I got 14 correct. I missed number 10 because I mis-read it each and every time. I finally realized it said less "how much less" instead of total percentage. There's a lot to be said about having your brain in "test" mode.

That said, I'm more than 25 years removed from college and testing. I can see how guys had low scores over the years (like Marino) because they got frustrated and said "**** it. I'm a football player".

Which is why I don't value the test as much as most.
To me football smart is being able to think straight while the bullets are flying.
It doesn't take a genius but it does take a special talent.
And more importantly having the physical chops to pull it off.

NJChiefsFan 02-24-2013 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9430700)

That is how I got my 1 answer wrong as well. I would like to think if I was actually taking the test I would have been paying more attention than I was popping through this on the internet but who knows.

As you mention the art of taking the test, especially this one, is of great importance.

Valiant 02-24-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9430476)
P.S. no one has ever had a good rebuttal to that

why am I less intelligent than you because I know EVERYTHING about the three major sports from 1990 to now...literally TONS of knowledge and trivia and stats stored in my brain...and I don't know anything about daylight...

but you know everything about daylight and the ocean and perhaps only 10% as much as I know about sports...

why is one meaningless subject considered 'omg common sense everyone knows it you're stupid' and the other is just meaningless?

Huh?

Huh?

I measure intelligence differently. I choose to be ignorant in subjects that do me no good/don't interest me. I could care less about history. I don't care about slavery or Lincoln or who discovered America...

I do care about the Chiefs and Michael Jordan and Nolan Ryan and amazing pizza recipes and stuff like that...

I'm 27. I don't need to know where Slovakia is on the map. Does me no good.

The test is more of common sense.. If you get a low score on something like this that should be easy to pass, then the teams will know or have a better idea about how you will handle your career and money they give you..

Sure, there are diamonds in the rough that end up getting a smart money manager that will not screw them over/broke..

But when a person is lacking that bad at analytically skills, he best be a freak athlete to have the scores overlooked.. At least for a few years until you can release him when he is downhill and more then likely broke so he can go play for the Raiders..

I got a 13, the 2 I missed I did not want to scribble on paper.. The rest was done in like 2 mins.

Valiant 02-24-2013 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh (Post 9430780)
Which is why I don't value the test as much as most.
To me football smart is being able to think straight while the bullets are flying.
It doesn't take a genius but it does take a special talent.
And more importantly having the physical chops to pull it off.

Football smarts is huge, but this test is just as important.. But they need to manage their money/career/friends.. The tests gives you an insight to this.. Certain companies give similar tests like these now..

This test will also show willingness/capability to learn NFL playbooks.. Talent only takes you so far..

AussieChiefsFan 02-24-2013 02:37 AM

Some memorable Wonderlic scores: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...derlic-scores/

Morris Claiborne: 4
Frank Gore: 6
Terrelle Pryor: 7
AJ Green: 10
C.J. Spiller: 10
Chris Johnson: 10
Hakeem Nicks: 12
Percy Harvin: 12
Ray Lewis: 13
Donovan McNabb: 14
Michael Crabtree: 15
Rey Maualuga: 15
Julio Jones: 15
Dan Marino: 15
Vince Young: 6 then 16
Ryan Mathews: 16
Adrian Peterson: 16
Terry Bradshaw: 16
Jared Allen: 19
Michael Vick: 20
Tim Tebow: 22
Brett Favre: 22
Brian Cushing: 23
Robert Griffin: 24
Troy Polamalu: 24
Jake Long: 26
Clay Matthews: 27
Ryan Leaf: 27
Joe Flacco: 27
Peyton Manning: 28
Terrell Suggs: 31
Tom Brady: 33
Aaron Rodgers: 35
Colin Kaepernick: 37
Andrew Luck: 37
Tony Romo: 37
Eli Manning: 39
Alex Smith: 40
Blaine Gabbert: 42
Mike Mamula: 49
Pat McInally: 50

NJChiefsFan 02-24-2013 02:50 AM

Haha, yeah 4 or 6 if trying is terrible.

Dave Lane 02-24-2013 07:31 AM

9 and 10 were the only tough ones. Had to actually write #9 to figure it out. Damn I'm getting old

Dave Lane 02-24-2013 07:32 AM

Man I hope Geno scores a 30+ to help cement him as the pick.

BlackHelicopters 02-24-2013 08:30 AM

Vince Young got 14, and Mo Claiborne got 15. Brilliant.

ReynardMuldrake 02-24-2013 09:05 AM

You guys realize the Wonderlic gets tougher as you go? The first questions are intentionally easy.

I took the Wonderlic at a job interview about a month ago. A lot of these questions were on the actual test.

loochy 02-24-2013 09:08 AM

This is like Celebrity Jeopardy on SNL.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NGLebeasE_Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

stevenidol 02-24-2013 09:13 AM

I missed 9 and 11. No calculator.

gblowfish 02-24-2013 09:22 AM

I got 13 right, missed #4 (I think the answer should be #3) and #14. #14 is a poorly constructed question. March has one more day in the month than September, so I'm not sure how they figured the answer was March. Anybody???

Nine was the hardest question by far.

alanm 02-24-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9430458)

seriously

riddle me that

Every day interactions with humans and a job.

Reaper16 02-24-2013 10:34 AM

I got 14. I would argue that preserve and reserve do not have similar meanings.

patteeu 02-24-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9431398)

Same. It's a pretty subjective question for what is supposed to be an objective test.

siberian khatru 02-24-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9431480)
Same. It's a pretty subjective question for what is supposed to be an objective test.

Yep, that's one of the ones I missed. I overthought it.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-24-2013 12:37 PM

I got 14 out of 15 and spent 5 minutes total on the questions. I assume they don't get calculators so I did 9 and 10 in my head and missed 9. I thought it would require 18 pages instead of 17, but I didn't wrack my brain over it because I was aware of the time limit involved.

Hootie 02-24-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

that's what I thought but wasn't going to argue...like I said, I missed 4 and 14 but realistically probably wouldn't have been able to answer #9 in a timed test setting

Hootie 02-24-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm (Post 9431361)
Every day interactions with humans and a job.

I just don't understand why knowing what month has the least amount of daylight is any more important than knowing the 1st pick of the 1991 NBA draft.

both useless information and I don't understand why people think 1 thing is common sense intelligence why the other thing is useless knowledge

how about this

I think anyone who doesn't know the 1991 #1 pick in the NBA draft off the top of their head is a ****ing moron

which is what I was called when I admitted in this thread I didn't know #14 because I don't pay attention to daylight savings time (when I guess daylight savings had nothing to do with it)

Mama Hip Rockets 02-24-2013 01:40 PM

I missed #14.

loochy 02-24-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9432055)
I just don't understand why knowing what month has the least amount of daylight is any more important than knowing the 1st pick of the 1991 NBA draft.

:spock:

Hootie 02-24-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9432363)
:spock:

exactly

saphojunkie 02-24-2013 02:49 PM

I took the actual wonderlic for a job and scored a 49. Screw your poll.

:harumph:

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-24-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

My exact score as well. That question is wrong.

SPATCH 02-24-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9432524)

Same here, bros. Got a 14. Missed #4.

I disagree with #4.

saphojunkie 02-24-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

I'm actually confused by people getting this wrong.

They both deal with keeping certain elements apart or in withdraw, as in preserving fruit by protecting it from exposure or reserving your troops, protecting them from exposure.

Third Eye 02-24-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Would I be wrong in that they can both be taken as "to put aside"?

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-24-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9432533)
You're all wrong.

No, Colonel Sanders, you're wrong.

stevenidol 02-24-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

both useless information and I don't understand why people think 1 thing is common sense intelligence why the other thing is useless knowledge

how about this

I think anyone who doesn't know the 1991 #1 pick in the NBA draft off the top of their head is a ****ing moron

which is what I was called when I admitted in this thread I didn't know #14 because I don't pay attention to daylight savings time (when I guess daylight savings had nothing to do with it)

I bet you were shocked when you were told that the Earth orbits the Sun. Although you can always counter with that NBA draft stuff.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-24-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 9432537)
Would I be wrong in that they can both be taken as "to put aside"?

When you reserve something you set it back for future use.

When you preserve something you archive it so it doesn't age.

Both items can be used in the future.

Use the transitive property

Preserve:: Archive

If Preserve::Reserve then Archive::Reserve.

It doesn't.

Part of the problem stems from the inarticulate nature of the possible answers; they aren't logically consistent.

Same =/= similar

DJ's left nut 02-24-2013 03:13 PM

I got all the ones I tried right, I didn't feel like dicking around with #9.

Since it's a timed test, I'd have probably done the same thing in a real one - skip it and come back later.

saphojunkie 02-24-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9432563)
When you reserve something you set it back for future use.

When you preserve something you archive it so it doesn't age.

Both items can be used in the future.

Use the transitive property

Preserve:: Archive

If Preserve::Reserve then Archive::Reserve.

It doesn't.

Part of the problem stems from the inarticulate nature of the possible answers; they aren't logically consistent.

Same =/= similar

I see what you are saying - that the first answer isn't consistent with the third. Option 3 Should have said similar rather than same. That makes sense.

Hootie 02-24-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenidol (Post 9432541)
I bet you were shocked when you were told that the Earth orbits the Sun. Although you can always counter with that NBA draft stuff.

all I'm saying is why is one bit of useless knowledge more important than another bit?

what does knowing which month has the least amount of daylight do for me? I honestly had no clue. I guess I know now.

stevenidol 02-24-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9432732)
all I'm saying is why is one bit of useless knowledge more important than another bit?

what does knowing which month has the least amount of daylight do for me? I honestly had no clue. I guess I know now.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6quy9OAAq1qg0njx.gif

Fire Me Boy! 02-24-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

how about this

No judgment intended here... one is something you have to look up in a book. The other is something you have to open a door to see. That's why one is common sense. Paying attention or not, you seriously have never noticed that in December the sun comes up later and sets earlier? And in the summer it's up early and down late? And it has nothing to do with Daylight Saving Time - it's the same in Tucson, AZ where they don't observe the time change.